Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #40,591 of 42,765
Hi, appreciate this is a very old post. Wondering if you could still help me. I tried to connect my blu ray player with Chord Mojo using an optical cable. However the blu ray player is still producing sound through the HDMI connection. If I disconnect the HDMI connection from the blu ray player I can't see the blu ray options on the TV. Within the blu ray player settings there is no option to disable HDMI sound. Can you suggest a possible solution. Many thanks!
On one of the Chord threads, there are posts about a HDMI splitter, which splits the raw HDMI output into HDMI which you can feed to the TV, and the audio signal which you can feed to the Mojo.

There are plenty of splitters, in this sort of price range.
https://www.amazon.fr/AmazonBasics-Convertisseur-extracteur-audio-Stereo/dp/B07KRWYN4R

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #40,592 of 42,765
Oct 23, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #40,593 of 42,765
Hey guys

Any recommendations for a decent DAP transport for the MOJO which has streaming support and a decent screen? Fiio M6 thusfar looks best? As important also that isn't much bigger than mojo

The alternative is I sell the mojo and buy a AK Kann Alpha if I judge SQ to be similar when I get to try it out? Big + for DAP is the longer battery life though as well as only having to charge one device ...

Thanks!
just use your phone, save money!
Dishing out digital music, does not require that much expertise .

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #40,594 of 42,765
I have similar issue when I upsampled using Audirvana in mac pro to DSD256. It would cutoff sometimes. I thought my macbook was overloaded and hence I stopped upsampling to DSD256. Had no issue till DSD64. May be it was Mojo After all. Most of my desktop gear are NOS R2R and non plays DSD so I couldn't test of the issue was macbook or desktop rig.
Curious !
My humble Huawei Mate 20 Pro, with a home made cable interconnect, has no issues.
No RF interference , DSD 256 (have nothing higher), no hiss no nothing!
I do not upsample, according to Rob Watts it is not a good idea, I agree. It has no benefits, even oversampling using Neutron yields no benefits, just stresses the phone.
indeed my DIY cable has a USB hub/card reader soldered in the middle with an inserted 512GB card that holds my music.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/diy-cable-gallery.71148/post-15932742
so USB cable coming out of the phone is both sending data to the hub en route to Mojo , and reads music through the same hub from the MicroSD card, at the same time! no issues!
the hub/card reader was a tenner from Amazon.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #40,595 of 42,765
Hi, appreciate this is a very old post. Wondering if you could still help me. I tried to connect my blu ray player with Chord Mojo using an optical cable. However the blu ray player is still producing sound through the HDMI connection. If I disconnect the HDMI connection from the blu ray player I can't see the blu ray options on the TV. Within the blu ray player settings there is no option to disable HDMI sound. Can you suggest a possible solution. Many thanks!
You will have to mute your tv or reduce the tv volume to minimum.

Oct 25, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #40,596 of 42,765
Has anyone stacked it with Xduoo XD-05BL? Just saw a video on YouTube and looks cool. Anyone used it and how is the performance. I can use this Combo to listen to apple music and get away from CCK cable for a while.

Oct 25, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #40,597 of 42,765
Has anyone stacked it with Xduoo XD-05BL? Just saw a video on YouTube and looks cool. Anyone used it and how is the performance. I can use this Combo to listen to apple music and get away from CCK cable for a while.

This sounds like an interesting product. Can you show us how it looks stacked with rhe Mojo?

Oct 25, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #40,598 of 42,765
This sounds like an interesting product. Can you show us how it looks stacked with rhe Mojo?
I saw this video and it looks interesting and it’s around $60 so a nice add on and second plug can be removed with little DIY

Oct 25, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #40,600 of 42,765
Looks like it is intended to pair with the XD-05.
Yes, that’s correct but can be used as a makeshift adapter for mojo as well in not so good looking way. I haven’t tried it myself but looks ok

Oct 25, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #40,601 of 42,765
Yes, that’s correct but can be used as a makeshift adapter for mojo as well in not so good looking way. I haven’t tried it myself but looks ok
Thanx for the info.
Just ordered one through Amazon, up to one month delivery though!
When it comes, I shall put it through it's paces and report back.

Oct 25, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #40,602 of 42,765
Thanx for the info.
Just ordered one through Amazon, up to one month delivery though!
When it comes, I shall put it through it's paces and report back.
What I found on the net:
Should be easy enough to rewire the leads to the other plug and remove the existing output plug.
Luckily, both the module and Mojo are of same size and the plug is exactly at same height as Mojo's socket (deducted from overlaying picture), so it should sit right at the bottom of Mojo, but the module is longer! no big ee.

xduoo-05bl-pro-2.pngxduoo-05bl-pro-6.pngxduoo-05bl-pro-5-1.pngxduoo-05bl-pro-9.pngxduoo-05bl-pro-7.pngScreenshot 2020-10-25 214536.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #40,603 of 42,765
What I found on the net:
Should be easy enough to rewire the leads to the other plug and remove the existing output plug.
Luckily, both the module and Mojo are of same size and the plug is exactly at same height as Mojo's socket (deducted from overlaying picture), so it should sit right at the bottom of Mojo, but the module is longer! no big ee.

xduoo-05bl-pro-2.pngxduoo-05bl-pro-6.pngxduoo-05bl-pro-5-1.pngxduoo-05bl-pro-9.pngxduoo-05bl-pro-7.pngScreenshot 2020-10-25 214536.jpg

This is great, thanks for sharing!

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #40,605 of 42,765
Hey guys

Any recommendations for a decent DAP transport for the MOJO which has streaming support and a decent screen? Fiio M6 thusfar looks best? As important also that isn't much bigger than mojo

The alternative is I sell the mojo and buy a AK Kann Alpha if I judge SQ to be similar when I get to try it out? Big + for DAP is the longer battery life though as well as only having to charge one device ...

Thanks!
AK Kann Alpha is quite expensive as compared to Mojo. It’s a newly launched product with ESS DAC chip. Not lot of reviews but looks like DAP with good amount of power and balanced out. Can be a one box solution since it supports all the android app but depends on the IEMs that you have as the Sound signature seems to be little on the brighter side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back