1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last
  1. Black Dog

Very useful, thank you!

Still, no native support for ALAC with the Mojo feels to me like an avoidable omission.

2. Raika

Demo both hugo TT and yggy , you will come at the same conclusion .

3. Hubert H

That's an awful shame Raika as your knowledge, constructive insights and logic will be sorely missed.

H.

4. beemarman

Had issues with mine as well until I changed my Optical cable to the Sysconcept  one. Now it outputs 24/192 without issues. 

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=349

speedracer1 likes this.
  5. Raika
    you have to be smart before buying anything in head fi .wait until the hype calm down . open your eyes .

6. No KNOTsense
    Thanks for the link. I might have to pick up one of those sometime soon.

7. Hubert H

Agreed, a reasonably priced optical cable, shipped promptly to the UK and certified to run at 24/192kHz.

I may try an 8 metre length so that I can keep my 'transport' local.

H.

8. x RELIC x Contributor

Again, this is a DAC/amp, not a source player. The MoJo really doesn't decode any format, that's the job of the source that is sending the MoJo the decoded digital signal and from there it coverts the digital signal to analogue for output to headphones or another amp. It's not a question if the MoJo can support ALAC, it's more a question if your source can support ALAC. I've played many ALAC files from different sources and they all work brilliantly.

9. NZtechfreak

^ This. Can't understand all the consternation about ALAC. Do people think this is a DAP or something?

10. Deftone
    so could you set it to line level out and then use the headphone out to connect to phono in on a headphone amp (3.5 to 2x RCA male Cable) ??

11. stevemiddie

Errrrrrrrrr..............It's a DAC, not a DAP

spook76 likes this.
  12. JaZZ Contributor

Yes, you could. But you don't need an external amp – the Mojo is an amp, and a good one at that. Also, an additional amplification stage will just add distortion. It only makes sense for extremely inefficient headphones which the Mojo is unable to drive properly.

And note that any external amp will use the signal from the Mojo's headphone out, so there's nothing to gain except for gain.

13. Deftone
    yes i understand, so theres no real output straigt from the dac section only. i would like to used the darkvoice tube amp with it thats why i asked :)

14. Black Dog

I think I am finally beginning to see the light!
    Thanks for your explanation.

15. x RELIC x Contributor

:beerchug:

stevemiddie likes this.
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last