Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 4, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #39,946 of 42,765
is the mojo price already drop permanently or what..
currently in my local retailer new unit price is still around usd350 - 360
luckily manage to sold my mojo earlier :dt880smile:
thought the promotion end already.

Promotion ended end of January. There were a few retailers that were slow to move it back to the non-promotional price, but it seems to have stabilise now:

1.png

2.png

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #39,948 of 42,765
If you really like the sound of Mojo, I’d advise you to listen to H2 and Qutest before committing. Some people(like me) strongly prefer the tonality of Mojo over H2. Qutest uses the Mojo output and will have a more similar tonality.

Not exactly sure that's right. The Hugo 2 and Qutest sound identical to me.

Qutest shares Mojo output, which is right. I think because it needs a less refined output stage since it doesn't run as quiet as Hugo 2.

If you search, Rob explained it. I think last time I saw it, it was in the Qutest thread.

The Mojo does have a less clear sound, which can make it sound darker. However as far as I read, I think it was tuned a bit darker.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #39,949 of 42,765
Plenty of people have speculated over the past year about a Mojo 2. I guess now we know that it would only be in the medium term, if at all.

In case Rob / someone at Chord is reading this, I just want to say that what would interest me enormously (and very likely many others), would be a cheaper desktop Amp/DAC combo. So it would be like a super Mojo, with all the improvements a few years of additional research have brought, but without the issues and price increase related to the mobility feature, battery, and so on. Maybe that would bring it in around the quality of a Hugo 2, but without the battery and portability, therefore in the 1 to 1.5k price range. The Mojo 2 TT. :)

Mar 7, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #39,954 of 42,765
Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #39,956 of 42,765
It's an different in sound when you run a mojo with a dap or phone?
I can't tell a difference, both sound great.
I am using the Hiby R3 as a digital transport and iPhone with Tidal Hifi for streaming.

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #39,960 of 42,765
Thanks
I think Xduoo X10T II is little bit pricey...
Mojo is not good with phone as with dap?
I have only limited experience with Samsung Sn mobiles and it is great. I am using Fiio OTG cable with it. Overall it is great DAC/AMP. Can't tell you how it works with iOS based devices. Treat Xduoo as possible next step to improve SQ in your setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back