Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 5, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #3,976 of 42,765
we are sooty your unhappy about the finish. We have however never stated the surface is scratch proof and neither have we ever stated that mojo has a "paint job" Mojo is machined from a solid block of Aluminium so we know mojo is very tough far tougher than most mobile units that is a fact. The aluminium surface is Glass powder bead blasted and then hard anodised. The notation on Mojo is not screen printed but has been Laser Ablated to be very durable. The surface is durable but not unscratchable like most items including other mobile products. We could have chosen much cheaper production methods and materials but we wanted to manufacture a really well made product. We have some good news for customers concerned about protecting their Mojo its that we have designed a hard protective and stylish case and these are shortly to be manufactured for us. We hope you will like the design. We think you will.

Whether sooty or sorry I am perfectly happy with your response, thank you.

However I think if you have not done so already you should have a word with Noel. His review contains a number of inaccuracies, perhaps you plied him with too much wine at the Shard! (Apologies if he is TT).

ATB Ian

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #3,977 of 42,765
How you enjoying the Mojo with your Encore? I think the combination is sublime.

Actually haven't used the Mojo much with Encores. Have used K10's(sound great!) and Ultrasone ed.5 mainly. Everything's being run in slowly so will get to them eventually but the few times I've tried them have noticed a bit more space and much more 'solid' sound from them. Next step is to fit new Linux cables when they produce the superbax

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #3,978 of 42,765
we are sooty your unhappy about the finish. We have however never stated the surface is scratch proof and neither have we ever stated that mojo has a "paint job" Mojo is machined from a solid block of Aluminium so we know mojo is very tough far tougher than most mobile units that is a fact. The aluminium surface is Glass powder bead blasted and then hard anodised. The notation on Mojo is not screen printed but has been Laser Ablated to be very durable. The surface is durable but not unscratchable like most items including other mobile products. We could have chosen much cheaper production methods and materials but we wanted to manufacture a really well made product. We have some good news for customers concerned about protecting their Mojo its that we have designed a hard protective and stylish case and these are shortly to be manufactured for us. We hope you will like the design. We think you will.

Hi JF,
Could you show us a prototype or design sketch?
I love my HUGO, but the leather case was a design disaster. Wish you would run the case design past actual users, before finalizing it.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #3,979 of 42,765
so MoJo cant be used with the coax cable that was with DX90? I am little bit confused...

edit: this was meant as reply to the post of derGabe with the pic of DX90 and MoJo :)

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #3,980 of 42,765
... We have some good news for customers concerned about protecting their Mojo its that we have designed a hard protective and stylish case and these are shortly to be manufactured for us. We hope you will like the design. We think you will.

I don't have a Mojo (yet) but I'm hoping to see a sexy leather case for it. :wink:

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #3,981 of 42,765
  so MoJo cant be used with the coax cable that was with DX90? I am little bit confused...

edit: this was meant as reply to the post of derGabe with the pic of DX90 and MoJo :)

Yes, you can't use the included cable without an adapter. Included cable has a RCA male jack (right side) at one end. 
For Mojo, you need the mono jack (left side) at both ends.

You need this adapter for the ibasso cable (top).

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #3,982 of 42,765
Mine arrived from Moon-Audio today. As I am travelling this weekend, I am really looking forward to listening some to this DAC/AMP. Smaller than expected, sounds pretty good right out of the box.

Solidly built, very high quality enclosure. I don't plan on opening it up.

I would also welcome a snazzy leather protection case.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #3,984 of 42,765
now this is one option actually it's option 2

If the case fits nice and snug like the cases that are being made in Korea for different daps (they are very high quality), you wouldn't need the strap and magnet closure. One less thing to be in the way. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #3,985 of 42,765
Competition? :D. :beerchug:

I've been there and attempted the same but they have to have some trust in you and a bottom dollar price. The only way I think this could work is if you show them how to fish, that's way cheaper but if they can't that's a humble road to claim one.

By the way your cable looks great, that's pretty much how mine will look like once I use my trusted 75 ohm full body jacket cable. A bit bulky but worth every inch of it. Keep the work going and please you may want to ask @mythion to add references to your cable on the first page, I believe that's a nice way to help your compatriots.

Dont worry. No competition. Just a random german dude who wants to help people who had the same problem with finding good interconnects for their devices.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #3,986 of 42,765

If the case fits nice and snug like the cases that are being made in Korea for different daps (they are very high quality), you wouldn't need the strap and magnet closure. One less thing to be in the way. 

Maybe, but the problem for Chord is that they can't reasonably be expected to put customers Mojos at risk, if the friction of the slip-case fails for some reason...

Hence, the probable need to include a strap+fastener

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #3,988 of 42,765

Thanks, JF. Looks nice. But, the flap is going to cover USB charging port.
+1 on @jamato8's suggestion. AK100 style case, would be perfect. Two holes at bottom for headphone out and the other side (inputs) completely open.

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #3,990 of 42,765

Maybe, but the problem for Chord is that they can't reasonably be expected to put customers Mojos at risk, if the friction of the slip-case fails for some reason...

Hence, the probable need to include a strap+fastener

Well I have used the cases on the AK100, the iBasso DX50 and 90 and never had the dap move unless I pushed it out of the case. I understand what you are saying but I don't think it would be an issue. The Ak100II comes with a case that is a slip on and it has never budged unless I push the dap out of the case. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back