Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 9, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #39,691 of 42,765
I’ve used the mojo with the cck cable and either iPod touch or iPhone for quite some time and not seen this error. I do get this error from some other DACs, so in those cases I put a powered hub between them. I recall there have been different model numbers of the cck. The one on my desk here is A1440.
For stacking the devices, the mojo accessory pack is nice, as it clips right into the mojo and makes it the same length as an iPod touch.
https://www.moon-audio.com/chord-mo...MIj4bihrj35gIVEfDACh0cYwAsEAQYASABEgJqxfD_BwE

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #39,693 of 42,765
It’s been a while since I’ve considered anything audio related. Is the Mojo a worthwhile upgrade from a Headamp Pico? Is it brighter than the somewhat dark (to me) Pico? I used to love the sound signature of the 1st gen Apogee Duet.

Jan 11, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #39,696 of 42,765
Can you give me a link to buy a coaxial cable for mojo on the dx220, 3-pole and 4-pole what are the differences?
There are a couple of images in the FAQ in post #3, which explain 3-pole and 4-pole in terms of Fiio devices.
https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/8951169.jpg
I assume it is an industry standard for plugs, and would apply to iBasso as well - but there are head-fi posts about manufacturers using bespoke standards, so maybe someone else can confirm if the diagram is valid for iBasso.

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #39,697 of 42,765
Is it just me or does the mojo sounds alot better when its warm..
Its like the warmer it gets the more smooth and lush it sounds. I always listen to it hot with the charging cable in.

I haven't noticed that (yet), but since my Mojo gets warm even while playing music without charging and it sounds great, you might just have something there!

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #39,698 of 42,765
Good evening.

Is Mojo still a worthy contender if someone manages to get it for under $250 (or €230)? I have sourced one for that price which was used for not more than 30hrs (battery still gets at 8-10 hrs depending on headphones) and I'm considering it against Topping NX 4 or Xduoo XD-05 Plus.

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #39,700 of 42,765
@koozoop I will chime in with a non-expert opinion just because I own both the Mojo and the NX4. I bought both new, and I think the Mojo is absolutely worth it. I think it is currently at €289 on amazon.de, but it was €269 a few months ago. I will just say that it seems more powerful and has a more appealing sound than the NX4. It is also very well built and a pleasure to operate. However, there is nothing wrong with the NX4 and I keep it because it has a different way of connecting for me (3.5mm to 3.5mm) which can come in handy when I also need to charge the phone. Plus, the Mojo is so nice, that I use the NX4 when I know there is a risk of rougher conditions, scratches, etc. NX4 on the plane, Mojo at the hotel when travelling.

Correction: €389 and €369, not 2xx.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #39,701 of 42,765
@koozoop I forgot to add that I solved the Mojo's RFI issues which I posted about above by turning off 2G/LTE when I stream. Thanks (a lot) to the person who provided this solution.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #39,702 of 42,765
Good evening.

Is Mojo still a worthy contender if someone manages to get it for under $250 (or €230)? I have sourced one for that price which was used for not more than 30hrs (battery still gets at 8-10 hrs depending on headphones) and I'm considering it against Topping NX 4 or Xduoo XD-05 Plus.

I’ve had Mojo since it was released as a preorder, at then full price of $599. It was and remains the best bang for buck in my 30+ years of audio. I have the TT2, which is better, but not mobile. On trips or when away from the TT2, I happily enjoy Mojo as much as the day I got it. Absolutely still relevant and I expect it to be for many more years, until Mojo2.

Jan 14, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #39,704 of 42,765
So I used the Mojo through optical on my SmartTV, and streamed some high quality music on the web browser of it.

The Mojo with RFI filtering (2 jitterbugs, Hifimediy USB isolator, shielded USB cable) on my laptop sounds smoother and more full bodied than the optical.

I know why, because the fixed sampling rate of the Mojo on my TV is 48khz, and the files I streamed were 44.1khz. That has a worse effect on sound quality than the last bit of RFI through my laptop USB setup apparently (with the RFI filtering setup ofcourse)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back