Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 11, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #39,556 of 42,765
Email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and maybe they can propose something.
I've sent them an email, but still I wanna ask the users here, it seems like the buttons are kinda stuck, like dirt prevent it from freely moving around. I fear that it might get worse. Do the mojo easy to disassemble and fix the rotating balls ?

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #39,557 of 42,765
I've sent them an email, but still I wanna ask the users here, it seems like the buttons are kinda stuck, like dirt prevent it from freely moving around. I fear that it might get worse. Do the mojo easy to disassemble and fix the rotating balls ?

it’s easy to take apart and put back together. Maybe try cleaning the balls with warm soapy water. They are plastic.

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #39,562 of 42,765
I love my Mojo but decided it isn't truly portable for the RMI interference issues above and general practicalities of use - cables detaching, deafening ring tone from phone, etc. I use it at home with my PC. For portable use, I settled on an LG V10 (now V30). This brings 95% of the Mojo sound with none of the hassles. And with portable listening generally in noisy environments you can rarely appreciate that last 5% anyway.

Dec 14, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #39,563 of 42,765
This DAC supports only DSD over DOP correct?
Not native DSD.

LE:
Using Mode 1: Bitperfect in this guide:
https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.co...-part-3-new-experimental-sacd-plugin-v-0-9-x/

Using foobar with Output DSD: ASIO : ASIO Chord 1.05.
DSD selected in Tools>SACD.

The light on the Mojo is pink.
DSD64 used.

05.JPG

In the manual, it says white is for DSD.

04.JPG

Not entirely sure what is happening.
Can this DAC do DSD?
Why is it pink?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #39,564 of 42,765
After a few weeks of use with the HD380 Pro's and H9i's plugged directly into the devices. Used HQ sources and others of varying quality.
Switched between the output of the Xonar DGX and the Mojo (on optical). Headphones setting for the 32-64 ohm on the Xonar.
Can't tell the difference.

USB vs. Optical: the USB seems to be more lively, especially in the upper ranges.
But it's so subtle that I'm not sure if it's placebo or my imagination.
The USB cable is shielded for EMI.

From what I remember when switching from a M-audio Revolution 5.1 to a Xonar Essence ST there was a substantial improvement in audio. Not sure why I can't hear it here between the DGX and the Mojo.

Maybe @PointyFox was right.

Yes. The highest-end DAC chips only cost a few dollars. Diminishing returns hit fast with DACs that even not-so-good implementations can't be distinguished audibly from much more expensive DACs. Though, there's plenty of people here with ridiculously expensive DACs who will disagree.

The Mojo is more powerful and can drive headsets that require it.
The USB connection failed a few times.

Using it on a desk with the USB charging cable plugged in. The charger is in a one socket plug with a on/off switch.
The problem is that the charging light is right underneath the USB charging cable and the cable itself obstructs the view. Difficult to see.

From the previous post, why is the light pink?
Shouldn't DSD be white?
In the foobar bar it says DST64 and not DSD. Not sure how this changes it from DSD.
Has anyone tried DSD over DOP with this DAC?

LE: this one says DSD and the light is still pink. If the format is DST, does the DAC still consider it DSD or PCM?

02.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #39,566 of 42,765
384?

Dec 20, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #39,568 of 42,765
Any rumors about a Chord Mojo 2 yet? All Chord DAC’s have been updated except for the Mojo and the Dave so it is about time the Mojo gets an update (especially fix the RF /RMI interference with the new version)

Dec 20, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #39,569 of 42,765
Any rumors about a Chord Mojo 2 yet? All Chord DAC’s have been updated except for the Mojo and the Dave so it is about time the Mojo gets an update (especially fix the RF /RMI interference with the new version)

No. I'm fine with them taking their time. That's probably what made the first Mojo so great. The only hint we've gotten is that the price dropped for the Mojo across the board, so prob sooner than later. Gotta be patient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back