Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #39,541 of 42,758
i want to comment on the RF issue again, as its a buzz killer for iem users who use tidal via wifi with there phone. This is the worst dac/amp I own that has this issue, i adore mojo sound but with its bad RF interference no one should recommend it for iems and users who use streaming using their phones. I am surprised Chord did not take this in consideration, as this is a portable device and portable means alot would like to use it with iems and streaming. Is there no solution at all for this

I was thinking the same thing these days. I have been using the Mojo with my HD-600 or 650, so 300 ohm impedance. Then a few days ago I tried it with my Nightowl, much lower impedance. Wow... all of a sudden I realized that I need to either a) go into airplane mode - which I can't since I stream from Qobuz or b) get a much longer cable and keep the Mojo the hell away from the phone. Didn't expect the buzzing to be so severe.

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #39,542 of 42,758
I was thinking the same thing these days. I have been using the Mojo with my HD-600 or 650, so 300 ohm impedance. Then a few days ago I tried it with my Nightowl, much lower impedance. Wow... all of a sudden I realized that I need to either a) go into airplane mode - which I can't since I stream from Qobuz or b) get a much longer cable and keep the Mojo the hell away from the phone. Didn't expect the buzzing to be so severe.
yeah and MR @Rob Watts simply ignores us :)

weird no mojo gate opened on this issue, as this is a not a portable friendly device at all, what an irony a great sounding device that is designed to be portable but can not be used portably with streaming apps on the go

i adore chord and just bought a chord tt v2 but really wished the mojo did not have this issue so i can enjoy chord products on the go. I think we all deserve a free poly in compensation :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #39,543 of 42,758
i adore chord and just bought a chord tt v2 but really wished the mojo did not have this issue so i can enjoy chord products on the go. I think we all deserve a free poly in compensation :)

Yes, I know what the answer is. We are supposed to pair it with a high-end DAP pre-loaded with FLACs, not with our phones. But I suppose in 2019 most users will want do exactly that, stream from the phone.

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #39,544 of 42,758
yeah and MR @Rob Watts simply ignores us :)

weird no mojo gate opened on this issue, as this is a not a portable friendly device at all, what an irony a great sounding device that is designed to be portable but can not be used portably with streaming apps on the go

Did you read the FAQ regarding RF interference? Lots of good advice there. Ferrite beads (covered in the FAQ) seem to help.

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #39,545 of 42,758
Did you read the FAQ regarding RF interference? Lots of good advice there. Ferrite beads (covered in the FAQ) seem to help.

tried that and did not work

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #39,546 of 42,758
tried that and did not work
I can confirm the same behavior when stacking a phone with Mojo, as I see when doing the same with at least two other portable DACs (Oppo HA2 and Sony PHA-1a). If they are stacked, and the phone is not in airplane mode, you will hear RF noise if you have sensitive headphones.
Since with a phone, it's not practical to have it in airplane mode all the time, I chose a couple different DAPs that work well with the Mojo. The Hiby R3 is my favorite so far, and with the Hiby Coax cable, the battery life is the best, compared to USB. If you want to use Spotify, however, that's not an option, so I have an iPod touch as an alternative, using the Mojo connection kit to allow connection to it with the lightning camera cable. I just load up the songs I want by downloading them to the iPod, and then turn it to airplane mode when listening.

I don't think stacking with a phone directly is ever going to work without some RF interference without a redesign of the mojo, so it's either a DAP, or the Poly.

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #39,547 of 42,758
Dec 9, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #39,548 of 42,758
I can confirm the same behavior when stacking a phone with Mojo, as I see when doing the same with at least two other portable DACs (Oppo HA2 and Sony PHA-1a). If they are stacked, and the phone is not in airplane mode, you will hear RF noise if you have sensitive headphones.
Since with a phone, it's not practical to have it in airplane mode all the time, I chose a couple different DAPs that work well with the Mojo. The Hiby R3 is my favorite so far, and with the Hiby Coax cable, the battery life is the best, compared to USB. If you want to use Spotify, however, that's not an option, so I have an iPod touch as an alternative, using the Mojo connection kit to allow connection to it with the lightning camera cable. I just load up the songs I want by downloading them to the iPod, and then turn it to airplane mode when listening.

I don't think stacking with a phone directly is ever going to work without some RF interference without a redesign of the mojo, so it's either a DAP, or the Poly.
i will get the poly to solve this, as having long cables is not a great portable solution

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #39,549 of 42,758
i will get the poly to solve this, as having long cables is not a great portable solution
at least when I first looked at it, the Poly seemed a bit kludgy. It seems like they've improved the configuration and made it smoother, but I haven't looked into it since getting the R3. I'm getting to like the UI of that better lately now that I'm used to it

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #39,550 of 42,758
Yes, I know what the answer is. We are supposed to pair it with a high-end DAP pre-loaded with FLACs, not with our phones. But I suppose in 2019 most users will want do exactly that, stream from the phone.
Another option is store music from your service for offline use.

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #39,551 of 42,758
You can pick up a cheap phone to use as a source, and keep your normal phone in your pocket. I did that for work, just because my phone was ringing so often, and it was a pain to reset up connections after.

You can get a phone for £30 on eBay.

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #39,554 of 42,758
Hi everyone, new Mojo user here. I just grabbed a preowned one for a fairly good price. But I noticed that the button/balls are not so tactile. Only the down button has a click sound when I pushed it, the other two are a bit rusty, are the any solution to smoother the buttons/balls.

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #39,555 of 42,758
Hi everyone, new Mojo user here. I just grabbed a preowned one for a fairly good price. But I noticed that the button/balls are not so tactile. Only the down button has a click sound when I pushed it, the other two are a bit rusty, are the any solution to smoother the buttons/balls.
Email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and maybe they can propose something.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back