1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623
2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632
Next

Last
  1. Shareknow
    Hello everyone,
    This is my first post, happy to be here.

I'm new to the headphone world. It all started with the smule singing app. I use Sony MDR-ZX700 headphones for recording purposes.

After recording i listen to recorded songs via Sennheiser HD599.

My phone, Sony xperia xz premium is very pleasant and warm sounding, but struggle's to properly drive my sennheiser HD 599 headphones.

After reading a few reviews here, i found that chord mojo is very warm sounding and have ample power.

Some videos online indicate that there seems to be a big problem with the battery of Mojo.

How many years of trouble free experience do u have?

your reassurance can really help me decide.

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. Devodonaldson
    Don't cha get and listen at same time, or rather don't leave charged while listening for extended period of time.my Mojo is 2yrs old, still getting a full 8.5hrs on a full charge, no issue

Shareknow likes this.
  3. ZappaMan
    Make sure to use the current amp charger(1 amp), use the supplier charging lead. Mines is mostly fine after 2 years.
    More advanced battery life tips are don’t let it totally discharge, just turn it off when you get the red warning I suppose.

Shareknow likes this.
  4. jarnopp
    With minimal care, at least 3 years. As stated abov, don’t charge and listen at the same time. I replaced my battery after about 3.5 years because I was only getting about 5 hours on a charge (which would likely not have been an issue for my listening), but that was way off from Poly, which was more like 9 hours. Now they are more aligned with playing time.

Shareknow likes this.
  5. Rozzko
    Screenshot_20191013-175811.png I read one review how to connect mojo to ps4.
    Is it right? I don't understand why I need to connect it also to USB? Optical connect and sound working,.why I need to also connect USB? USB+optical connection same time? Why?

6. ZappaMan
    No, it’s incorrect, you just connect to optical and then change the setting in PS4 to output to optical.

7. x RELIC x Contributor
    I still get 7-8 hours of use from my Mojo and I’ve owned it since launch, but I listen to it less now than I did in the first few years. The previous advice is good regarding full discharge and over heating, but also keep in mind that like all lithium battery powered devices don’t plug it in 24/7 and you should be fine with the longevity.

Shareknow likes this.
  8. bixby
    Exactly a USB to SPDIF Bridge can convert USB to coax, AES, or optical spdif. See my reviews of 4 such devices on my blog.

Link

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  9. Rozzko
    But supplier cable is too short for charging. May be cable not play important role in term of charging?

10. Rozzko
    And what about - if I charged mojo on full and trying to listen and charging. It's not working correct? I mean it will lose charge and charging? No difference full charged or half charged, all scenario don't advise to make this way? Yeah?

11. Rozzko
    Wow, this bridges cost too much! Maybe good USB cable will be not worse than usb-->optical bridge?
    My laptop not have optical output, and I read on head fi that optical connection give mojo best sounds. It's hurts me...

12. ZappaMan
    I think different leads can carry different voltages, but I’m just thinking of ways to play it safe if your concerned :)
    Chord also replace battery at cost and there are diy videos too.

Hooster likes this.
  13. dakanao
    Read through the blog, but no reviews?

14. bixby
  15. bixby
    This post is indicative of a fair amount of mis-information about the raspberry pi or any other computer for that matter as it relates to computer based audio reproduction.

Let's get some facts straight right off the bat.

the Raspberry Pi was never meant to be a purpose built computer for audio.

It was and always will be a compromised computer built to get computing power for the lowest possible price available to the masses.

It has a gimped USB / ethernet shared bus that is terrible for data and as an audio data path to a USB dac.

It has problems with cheap and noisy power supplies that must be dealt with by using better multiple power supplies to mitigate overall noise when used in an audio playback environment.

It generally runs a Linux OS which limits one to running playback software that may be competent but cannot be regarded as superior to Mac and Windows offerings that provide solid and audiophile playback software. Wait a minute, any Linux software used by the mainstream in creating music,.....I didn't think so.

This is not to say that with a lot of work, one cannot make a pi sound good at audio playback, it can be made to sound very good. But to state a Pi's superiority to a Mac or Windows based playback system with superb playback software where those computers are dedicated and tuned to do music playback alone is ludicrous.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Hooster likes this.
First

Back
2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623
2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632
Next

Last