Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 27, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #39,256 of 42,765
I see from time to time so suspicious under 400 USD offers on Amazon, which ends up in being scam in fact.

Where do you get those prices if I May ask?
The Mojo has had its price reduced by 25% in the UK from £399 to £299. That’s retail, including 20% tax, from a highly reputable high street dealer with good service and returns policy. Read what you like into that, but I think Santa Claus will be bringing something new ..

https://www.richersounds.com/chord-usb-dac-headphone-amp.html

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #39,258 of 42,765
I see from time to time so suspicious under 400 USD offers on Amazon, which ends up in being scam in fact.

Where do you get those prices if I May ask?

Audio 64 in the US and amazon UK and DE sellers. I feel these are legit sellers. I originally purchased my Mojo in 2016 from Amazon uk directly and it was about $475. Maybe demand is a bit lower now hence the price drop, maybe Chord has dropped the wholesale price or maybe dealers got official word of a change coming?

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #39,259 of 42,765
Audio 64 in the US and amazon UK and DE sellers. I feel these are legit sellers. I originally purchased my Mojo in 2016 from Amazon uk directly and it was about $475. Maybe demand is a bit lower now hence the price drop, maybe Chord has dropped the wholesale price or maybe dealers got official word of a change coming?
Christmas is coming.....

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #39,260 of 42,765
It's not my intention to start a debate, especially since I'm not British, but the incoming Brexit could also be another factor to consider.

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #39,261 of 42,765
It's not my intention to start a debate, especially since I'm not British, but the incoming Brexit could also be another factor to consider.

maybe, but if anything Brexit would make British kit more expensive in sterling at least, since the pound has tanked. And it’s only the Mojo that has had the price reduced so massively. If they did that for the DAVE it would be over £2000 cheaper!

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #39,262 of 42,765
Is a Mojo replacement in the wings?

I see a number of outlets selling new Mojos for $365 to $399. Is this and end of life signal? Or has the price just gone down steadily?
The price drop was announced nearly a month ago https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...n-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-2610#post-15162591
At the time, I thought it might be a ploy to get customers into dealers stores, where they could also be asked if they had heard about the 2Go.
Obviously wide of the mark with that speculation, because no sign of the 2Go yet.

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #39,264 of 42,765
I bought a Mojo on Saturday for just under 300 quid, it sounds fabulous. With my ears, I probably wouldn't be able to tell if there is any difference after a burn in period as discussed earlier in the thread. I received some Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro headphones about an hour ago, this pairing is better than my old Sennheiser ie 8 which I bought about 8 years ago. It has been a long time since I have had a headphone system, I get a Chord Poly delivered tomorrow, in the blink of an eye I have spent the best part of 1300 quid, goodness me, good job the chord stuff looks small, the missus thinks that they wouldn't cost more than 50 quid, if she does, I will just turn the volume up and give her a smile.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #39,265 of 42,765
I bought a Mojo on Saturday for just under 300 quid, it sounds fabulous. With my ears, I probably wouldn't be able to tell if there is any difference after a burn in period as discussed earlier in the thread. I received some Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro headphones about an hour ago, this pairing is better than my old Sennheiser ie 8 which I bought about 8 years ago. It has been a long time since I have had a headphone system, I get a Chord Poly delivered tomorrow, in the blink of an eye I have spent the best part of 1300 quid, goodness me, good job the chord stuff looks small, the missus thinks that they wouldn't cost more than 50 quid, if she does, I will just turn the volume up and give her a smile.

the journey, the destination

they both can make for a pleasurable experience. when you receive poly make sure you follow the instructions precisely and you "shouldn't" have any issues. watching the Poly thread made me a bit paranoid regarding the process, but I methodically followed the instructions (including making sure both Mojo and Poly were fully charged) and was successful. as a result I know have a fully updated and functional device

Sep 30, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #39,266 of 42,765
I'm glad Chord started enforcing retailers to ship Poly with firmware at least v2.0. I had a rut with < v2.0 firmware when I bought it (ended up with corrupted firmware, and completely saw everyone's frustration from early on in this thread). Thankfully Chord helped me correct the corrupted firmware, but it's not something anyone should have to go through at this premium cost. Everything's been smooth-sailing since then. Love this device. v2.0 is what the Poly should've been from the beginning.

Oct 1, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #39,267 of 42,765
I'm glad Chord started enforcing retailers to ship Poly with firmware at least v2.0. I had a rut with < v2.0 firmware when I bought it (ended up with corrupted firmware, and completely saw everyone's frustration from early on in this thread). Thankfully Chord helped me correct the corrupted firmware, but it's not something anyone should have to go through at this premium cost. Everything's been smooth-sailing since then. Love this device. v2.0 is what the Poly should've been from the beginning.

I hope that they have shipped it with the latest version here, I picked an online service of a chain shop (Richer sounds) so that if need be, I can call in at one of their shops and ask them to update the firmware if it is from a device that has been in stock and on the shelf for awhile. I have a new Poly on charge at the moment.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #39,268 of 42,765
Why on earth do they make it so difficult, I have charged this thing for 6 hours and got here. It wont go further. It doesn't inspire confidence.

zna4DxSl.jpg

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #39,270 of 42,765
Thank you, it is a Samsung Galaxy S10+, I initially thought the same, so tried with my iPad Pro, that couldn't find it at all. I think that more through good luck than any expertise on my part, I have managed to get it to connect to my wifi network and is seen by Roon. So far, so good. I will not try and set up the card or hot spot on my phone yet. It's main purpose is to work with Roon in my house, which is what it is doing now. I will try and switch it on and off a couple of times to see how it plays.

Thank you for getting back though, really appreciate it.

Edit, I have got the flash player working and able to control it from my S10+ using Bubbleupnp. My initial reservations are fading.

Edit, I have the feeling that I don't really know what I am doing but it seems to be forgiving me, have managed to update it a couple of times to firmware 2.04.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back