1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Pimsilveira
    Well, I modified one of the filters and the sound improved a lot imho... :wink:

Deftone likes this.
  2. dakanao
    Filter on the Mojo, or the SE846?

3. eduardoo
    Why do I get light pink when playing DSF with Foobar?

I have chord drivers, foo_out_asio,foo_input_sacd and foo_input_dsdiff installed. Output is chosen to be DSD:Asio:Asio Chord 1.05, Asio drivers show Asio Chord 1.05 and Asio4all v2. Double clicking the Chord driver does not provide any further menus. SACD setting in DSD or DSD+PCM, Dop checked or unchecked.
    What else should I do? I looked at the FAQ in the early part of this thread but don't see some of those menu items discussed.

Thanks.

4. Pimsilveira
    On the se846.
    I removed the foams from the blue filter

5. joshnor713
    This is how I roll too, but I recognize that the mod doesn't do wonders. Treble is still rolled off. I get reminded when I go back to my IE 800 S :)

Still, wouldn't say the SE846 is an inadequate pairing with the Mojo. I like it. It provides finesse to the SE846's power. I can totally understand the treble concern though, with the SE846's notable roll-off and Mojo's smoothness. I feel it's well-enough articulated despite that, but I'm no treble-head :p

Pimsilveira likes this.
  6. headfry
    Still, wouldn't say the SE846 is an inadequate pairing with the Mojo. I like it. It provides finesse to the SE846's power. I can totally understand the treble concern though, with the SE846's notable roll-off and Mojo's smoothness. I feel it's well-enough articulated despite that, but I'm no treble-head :p[/QUOTE]

I wonder whether many of the complaints of Mojo's sound - e.g. rolled off highs, small soundstage
    are due to using a less than great sounding cable. When I swapped my generic USB for a Curious
    Hugo Link (with Jitterbug) the difference was hugely better, revelatory even!

dakanao likes this.
  7. Deftone
    No it's nothing to do with cables, mojo was made to have moderate filtering because of the hard treble in cheaper headphones and iems that it was assumed to be paired with. This was a decision made by John and Rob. Mojo measures flat but it doesn't sound flat. So you are getting smoother treble but at the expense of losing upper treble air.

8. joshnor713
    What is "hard" treble. I thought cheaper headphones generally just lacked treble (all about that bass, as it were).

9. Deftone
    Harsh and peaky, the drivers lack being able to produce real detail in the treble area and you get pronounced sibilance. You can hear refined smooth treble on your IE800S.

10. joshnor713
    I certainly do :)

Most cheap headphones I've tried just had really laid-back treble. Not much to speak of. But then yeah, a couple of them "try" to be audiophile and fail and exhibit the symptoms you described.

Deftone likes this.
  11. eduardoo
    Hi. Anyone have an idea why the Mojo is getting 768 (probably, with my best guess of the color in view) instead of DSD?

Thanks.

12. flyte3333
    Hi @Rob Watts

Does Mojo's USB interface (and associated circuitry) consume significantly more power than TOSLink interface (and associated circuitry)?

Is that why my Mojo gets quite a bit warmer with USB input, versus TOSlink? Mojo's is kept on the wall charger at all times at the moment. I'm never charging from low battery power because I know that will give off a lot of heat.

What's the difference in power consumption between USB and TOSlink? Do you have ball park figures? Just out of general interest only.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  13. ZappaMan
    I think if we add all your questions up we’d end up with a blue print for how to manufacture mojo :)

14. flyte3333
    Ha. Prefer I didn't ask them here and I just PM Rob instead?

I assume others are generally interested in learning more about the terrific Mojo....

15. ZappaMan
    I find them interesting. It’s also interesting why you’re asking them too, if you see what I mean. You must think a lot about it.