1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595
2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605
Next

Last
  1. c0rp1
    Thanks for the reply Matt,

sent you a PM.

2. Cric
    Hello,

I would like to use my FiiO X3 as a transport for my Mojo.

I'm looking for the right cable to connect X3's 3.5mm coaxial out to Mojo's 3.5mm coax SPDIF in, but can't figure out which one to use (I only find coax to TOSLINK or RCA cables on Amazon).

Thanks in advance for your help.

3. rbalcom
    Use the Fiio L21 cable with an adapter like this:
    https://www.cablestogo.com/product/03195/rca-jack-to-3.5mm-mono-plug-audio-adapter

Cric likes this.
  4. DBaldock9
    Technically, you'd want a correct impedance (75Ω) coax, but over a short distance, probably any mono 3.5mm TS patch cable cable would work.

5. Cric
  6. JaZZ Contributor
    Cric...

...I believe you're talking of the X3 (V1), not the X3 II. So above cable recommendations seem to be wrong – since the original X3 doesn't have the combined line out/digital out socket, but separate sockets, so doesn't call for a 4-pole coaxial plug. What you need instead is a simple mono cable with 3.5 mm plugs at both ends, as I see it.

I never owned the X3 (V1), but just consulted the user manual.

7. Cric
    Hello @JaZZ ,

You are correct, I own the very first version of the X3.
    Thanks for checking in the manual!
    I found this cable on Amazon (hope it's the right one), there must be short... on short cables (can't find a cable under a meter, 10 to 20 cm should be much sufficient for my use).

8. JaZZ Contributor
    I just found a dedicated digital cable available in 25 cm. (The one you linked would work as well.)

Cric likes this.
  9. Cric
    I'll make a try with this one, thanks :)

10. Deftone
    @Rob Watts Is there a reason why mid bass appears to be stronger with iems than with full size headphones? something to do with how it handles impedance maybe?

11. rkt31
    Output impedance of mojo is extremely low. Lower the source output impedance, better it drives the load. There is a frequency vs impedance curve for the driver. For some frequencies the impedance of driver dips too low . Obviously if source impedance is not adequately low it will not be able to 'push' the driver for those frequencies. So some frequencies will start dominating others. Since mojo already has very low source impedance it will drive for all frequencies without favouring or discarding any specific frequencies. So with mojo your iem has just been driven right. If you are habitual of other not so low output impedance DAPs you may find mojo favouring some frequencies which is not actually the case. For this phenomena Iems are more affected because of already low impedance.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  12. Deftone
    Hugo2 has lower output impedance than mojo but doesn't do the same thing to mid bass.

13. dakanao
    Perhaps because of lack of current with the full size headphones, or more RF interference?

14. x RELIC x Contributor
    Same Current output for both, 500mA, which is quite respectable. Besides it’s the efficient IEMs that will draw more Current than higher impedance headphones.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  15. JaZZ Contributor
    I think it's just the Mojo's sonic characteristic, which looks a bit like this...

Mojo-Soundcharacteristic.JPG

...without showing itself in the FR measurements. Personally I don't care, I equalize anyway (and recommend this to anybody instead of relying on component synergy).

And BTW, a lot of IEMs have a midbass accentuation, maybe stronger than with full-size headphones, where it's also a quasi-norm.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Dobrescu George and Deftone like this.
First

Back
2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595
2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605
Next

Last