1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. maxh22
    Get Mojo, you will be wondering why you tortured yourself this long not getting it.

2. obazavil
    I know this has been discussed for a while, but based in your hands-off experience... any good DAP that I can pair with Mojo?

For now I will use my iPhone X, but I want a DAP . I read about HiBy R3 (and I love the 3D case) but lack of Spotify may be a problem for me.

So... any advise here?

3. tacit
    Any DAP able to work as digital transport, like Shanling M0 etc.

4. miketlse
    This digital transport is currently being recommended on the MScaler thread, principally because it can connect via optical, and avoid any issues with usb transmitting electrical noise.
    https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dap-...hz-dsd256-interface-usb-to-spdif-p-13490.html

5. Deftone
    Its not something your really gonna hear in a quick AB its when you soley use it for a long time and then change it to something else, within 2 weeks youd want your Mojo back because music just doesnt sound right anymore.

surfgeorge likes this.
  6. Lucas headphonebrz
    It’s interesting this position . Actually I think this is a mistake that I and everyone does when deciding what stuff to buy because it works for everything in our life right? This A/B comparisons that we do all the time. But now I think that with music, maybe is not that easy because the difference are subtle and important at the same time ( what is crazy !)
    I have a story to tell about it.. The same thing happens to my first IEMs , when I started to seek for more sound quality I used to listen only to EarPods from apple (which is not bad , I still hear them for some genres) and then when I listened to the IEMs for the first time I just don’t liked it , because I was not used to , it feels strange ! All that soundstage and detail that I never heard before , seemed like ”interceptions “ in my record .
    So I just say for myself that listen to music is not so complicated , I thought : just listen whatever gear .. is all the same.

But I give a chance to my IEMs and I started to enjoy all that immersion and clarity , I was just surprised that I could listen to them for real ! In a nutshell I discover a lot of new songs that fitted really well with them and I just can’t listen in my apple EarPods.
    Now I use both , for different genres and as you said.. it take time for us to perceive this differences , but they are so great at the same time

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Deftone likes this.
  7. Deftone
    I drink coca cola regularly and for a long time, my friends and family dont, they couldnt tell apart coke and pepsi to save their life but i can tell without even tasting it, just by the smell. Ive used Mojo since its launch and it makes everything else ive tried sound congested and flat. They could have easily sold this thing double its rrp its that good. The only way i could best it is buy getting a Hugo2 at £1,800.

Lucas headphonebrz likes this.
  8. Lucas headphonebrz
    @Deftone very cool, you just made my mind to buy a chord mojo, and I will do as soon as possible! Hahah thanks for the help !

EDIT 1: Oh just a question , anyone knows if its possible to use Equalizer with the Chord mojo please?

Deftone likes this.
  9. Deftone
    Yes if your playback software has it.

10. dakanao
    The only downside of the Mojo, is that you need so much more additional gear like Jitterbugs, a shielded USB cable, a galvanic isolator (like the Hifime USB Isolator) that take up way more space, to really get the most out of the Mojo with USB, since without all these things, the Mojo sounds lean and thin with little bass impact, with USB

DBaldock9 likes this.
  11. Deftone
    Noisy sources make a lot of dacs sound brighter and thinner this is already well known, if you reduce the noise with usb or eliminate it with with optical you will find you can turn up the volume more and its easier to listen to for longer but this is not going to apply to everyone it just depends on how youre feeding Mojo and many other DACs.

AC-12 likes this.
  12. Lucas headphonebrz
    Solve my problem (Edit)

13. GreenBow
    I only used JItterbug on my Mojo, and it was complete. I could even have used optical, and saved on the cost of Jitterbug.

14. dakanao
    While the Jitterbug, when I got it the first time, did make an improvement as compared to nothing, it was clear that the Mojo could improve a lot more when I bought the other gear.

But yeah, it depends on how noisy your source is. I thought that my laptop would be fairly noise free, since it's an expensive one from 2017, however it turned out that there was more improvement to the Mojo to be made than when I had thought.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    AC-12 likes this.
  15. dontfeedphils
    Horses for courses.