Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 2, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #38,656 of 42,759
I would love either a mojo 2 or TT... Here's hoping...
Yes, there have been several posts hoping for those two products.
I have my doubts though. Munich is the High-End show, which to me means for people who regard MScaler as pocket money, and DAVE as birthday present money.
Compared to that vision, a Mojo 2 (or TT) feels Low-End in price (even if High-End in performance).
As always, the caveat is that I seem to get 80% of my predictions wrong, about what could be released at shows.
So maybe Rob and John will pull another Mojo rabbit out of the hat at Munich.
:)

May 2, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #38,659 of 42,759
Do you believe a "Cardas HPI Headphone Mini Cable" is "good" enough to use between a Chord Mojo and a iFi micro iDSD?
I am using the Chord Mojo as dac and the iFi micro iDSD to connect to a speaker rig. I am using Cardas Audio Golden interconnects between the speaker preamp and speaker monoblocks.

May 2, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #38,660 of 42,759
Do you believe a "Cardas HPI Headphone Mini Cable" is "good" enough to use between a Chord Mojo and a iFi micro iDSD?
I am using the Chord Mojo as dac and the iFi micro iDSD to connect to a speaker rig. I am using Cardas Audio Golden interconnects between the speaker preamp and speaker monoblocks.

It worked great for me when I was using it between Mojo and Calvalli Liquid Carbon to drive Hifiman HE-6. It should be good enough.

May 2, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #38,661 of 42,759
"We've been sent an invite for the launch of "a number of new products". Will we see a new amplifier? Or a second streaming device? More DACs? All will be revealed on Thursday 9th May".

From what hifi.

May 2, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #38,662 of 42,759
I really Hope chord will release a new mojo 2 next week or in the near future. I’m a mojo poly owner for a long time since poly first released. I loved the way how I can listen to music on the go with mojo poly, control everything on my phone and mojo poly stays in my pocket .
I have tried out other flagship daps at the shops, spk1000, se100, Cayin n8, .....etc, they all sounds very good to my ears compare to my mojo, with very black backgrounds, wide sound stage , high resolution.
I know the flagship daps cost a lot more than mojo poly, but they are also around the same size as mojo poly, plus other daps needs to accommodate a screen display.

What I want to say is if chord will release a improved next mojo that work with poly , I’m happy to pay up to chord instead of other flagship daps that cost over $2000 .

I know Hugo 2 sounds great , but it just too big for portable in my pocket even without the future 2go modules.

Sorry about my no so good English , I just want to let people at chord knows what I or maybe some other people wish for . This is not a complaint and with all the respect to mojo for the price it cost and what it can do. I love everything about the mojo, the design , the sound , the look of it.

Just wonder if cost is not a factor , can chord produce a super mojo that can compete with other flagship daps in the market?

May 2, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #38,663 of 42,759
Super mojo here we come......

May 4, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #38,664 of 42,759
Do you connect mojo to the 3.5mm in on the ifi and use the ifi as an amp or preamp?

May 5, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #38,666 of 42,759
I'm going to stick my neck out

No Mojo 2 on 9th May

There I said it

:innocent:

If there is I would be more than happy, but I doubt there will be

May 9, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #38,669 of 42,759
I also noticed the news. Those will be awesome news for folks who really needed power amps. Curious about the TT Pre-AMP, but I still haven't heard Hugo2, which is like my biggest curiosity from Chord, seems like the perfect balance to compete with flagship DAPs and flagship DAC + Headphone AMPs :)

May 9, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #38,670 of 42,759
Sorry for any confusion, the TT preamp is "Turn Table"/phono. I'll edit above. I realize it could be misread to be similar to the Hugo TT.

The Hugo2 is likely going to be my guilty pleasure purchase. I'm enjoying my Mojo and think the H2 could be better... every time I see one in the used forums, I start formulating a PM to ask about purchasing. They are still sitting around $1500-1700. And then I think about how much I've enjoyed the Mojo and if it's really going to bring me more enjoyment or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back