Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 26, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #38,417 of 42,759
Why does the Mojo have 2 USB inputs (Input + Charging)? Is it so you can connect to computer without charging?

Yes. It's best to not leave lithium batteries plugged-in and at full charge all the time as it's very stressful for the chemistry.

Mar 26, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #38,419 of 42,759
Thanks for the responses.

For using the Mojo as a DAC, some reviewers are saying use 2 Volts (Volume Double Blue), instead of 3 Volts (true Line Out mode). Argument is less distortion. I don’t need a lot of volume for my Line Out purposes.

Thoughts?

Mar 26, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #38,420 of 42,759
Thanks for the responses.

For using the Mojo as a DAC, some reviewers are saying use 2 Volts (Volume Double Blue), instead of 3 Volts (true Line Out mode). Argument is less distortion. I don’t need a lot of volume for my Line Out purposes.

Thoughts?

4 clicks down is 1.9 V. You might even need less depending on the input sensitivity. You can experiment, or know it you have the spec for input sensitivity.

Mar 27, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #38,421 of 42,759
Not sure if this has been suggested before..a quick and dirty (and cheap) method of finding whether you are affected by radiated EMI/RFI and need shielded cable(s)..(especially if you find the Mojo sounding the same as other dacs or screechy)
Wrap your whole USB cable from end-to-end (i.e. from Mojo chassis to player chassis) in aluminum foil (used to wrap food). You should notice an immediate change if there is EMI/RFI interference..

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #38,422 of 42,759
Not sure if this has been suggested before..a quick and dirty (and cheap) method of finding whether you are affected by radiated EMI/RFI and need shielded cable(s)..(especially if you find the Mojo sounding the same as other dacs or screechy)
Wrap your whole USB cable from end-to-end (i.e. from Mojo chassis to player chassis) in aluminum foil (used to wrap food). You should notice an immediate change if there is EMI/RFI interference..

I think for most of us damage to the signal comes from the source and less so externally as most decent cables are already very well sheilded.

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #38,423 of 42,759
I think for most of us damage to the signal comes from the source and less so externally as most decent cables are already very well sheilded.

Would like to agree with you..however,sometimes a small cable like an unshielded OTG cable can cause problems..also,it's a cheap test and worth trying..

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #38,425 of 42,759
I think sometimes we look for problems and then we find them ... my Mojo sounds amazing, and I don’t need no aluminum foil to tell me that.

I had a problem with radiated EMI/RFI which made the Mojo sound ordinary or bad. I just want to help people facing the same problem..

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #38,427 of 42,759
So I know that 2 Volts (standard for Line Out) is Blue Blue.

But how do I know when it's really Blue Blue? I guess it doesn't have to be exact, but is there any indicator of when I'm actually at 2 Volts?

4 clicks down is 1.9 V. You might even need less depending on the input sensitivity. You can experiment, or know it you have the spec for input sensitivity.

Its mentioned here, the fixed 3v is just a preset and 4 clicks down to 1.9v, theres no actual mode so adjust the volume as needed.

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #38,428 of 42,759
Ok one more question. From the manual:

"Sample Rate Setup
Open the Audio MIDI Settings options (Application – Utility - Set Audio MIDI).
Select the Audio Output tab in the Set Audio MIDI.

Select the desired sample frequency from the options given."

I have the option to set the rate from 32,000 to 768,000 Hz. Standard was 44,000.

What setting should I use? Streaming Tidal from Desktop up to Master Quality.

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #38,429 of 42,759
Ok one more question. From the manual:

"Sample Rate Setup
Open the Audio MIDI Settings options (Application – Utility - Set Audio MIDI).
Select the Audio Output tab in the Set Audio MIDI.

Select the desired sample frequency from the options given."

I have the option to set the rate from 32,000 to 768,000 Hz. Standard was 44,000.

What setting should I use? Streaming Tidal from Desktop up to Master Quality.
Have you checked the FAQ in post #3?

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #38,430 of 42,759
Have you checked the FAQ in post #3?

As an alternative, someone could just answer the question.

Someone nice on Reddit said:

"Let Tidal set the sample rate. When selecting the output device there should be an advanced settings option that allows tidal to output bit perfect to the DAC."

I don't know how to do this. I found an Output option in Tidal that I set to Mojo, but I am still seeing the color on Mojo locked at whatever rate I set in the Audio Midi Setup application.

How do I do the "output bit perfect to the DAC" thing?

Please help a newb!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back