Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 31, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #38,057 of 42,765
Does this still apply If using a fixed 2v output or for just driving high impedance headphones at higher volumes straight from mojo ?

More a question for @Rob Watts, but he mentions Current and so I imagine it would impact low impedance loads (these draw more Current than high impedance loads) and loud dynamic passages. I'm not sure if you mean the fixed 3V line-out mode as you say 2V... Remember that the 'fixed line-out mode' is nothing more than a digital volume preset and nothing is changed or bypassed in the hardware.

If you want to feed an external amp I'd think it would be fine as an amp input is not really looking for any Current, but again, I'd defer to Rob.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #38,058 of 42,765
More a question for @Rob Watts, but he mentions Current and so I imagine it would impact low impedance loads (these draw more Current than high impedance loads) and loud dynamic passages. I'm not sure if you mean the fixed 3V line-out mode as you say 2V... Remember that the 'fixed line-out mode' is nothing more than a digital volume preset and nothing is changed or bypassed in the hardware.

If you want to feed an external amp I'd think it would be fine as an amp input is not really looking for any Current, but again, I'd defer to Rob.

I no longer own Mojo but a friend would like to use without the battery installed and he wants to use something around 2.1v as its best for his amp, I know the volume can be adjusted easily if needed of course because the fixed is just a preset as you say but i didnt want to give him the go ahead if it would be a detriment to the sound quality.

@Rob Watts Is the battery needed for a 2-3v output to a headphone amplifier?

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #38,060 of 42,765
I no longer own Mojo but a friend would like to use without the battery installed and he wants to use something around 2.1v as its best for his amp, I know the volume can be adjusted easily if needed of course because the fixed is just a preset as you say but i didnt want to give him the go ahead if it would be a detriment to the sound quality.

@Rob Watts Is the battery needed for a 2-3v output to a headphone amplifier?

Don’t you miss your Mojo?

Jan 31, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #38,061 of 42,765
anyone has experience comparing mojo with other R2R DAC please?

for portable R2R, seems the hifiman is the only choice.

and for R2R DAC, can't find anywhere for audition before you buy.

For me, the Mojo was a clear and significant upgrade from a Modi Multibit. To the point where I offed my Schiit gear and choose to use the Mojo as a permanent desktop all-in-one. It is more detailed, clear and resolving. I also found that the MM just did not do well with USB and was very, very noisy and so I had no choice but to use optical. Mojo, on the other hand, does not exhibit those issues on USB with the very same PC and USB port... go figure.

Mojo replaced a Schiit Asgard 2 and Modi Multibit easily.

Note that this isn't me saying those are bad products, just that Mojo is better. In my opinion and experience.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #38,064 of 42,765
In addition to the glowing balls, I was thinking it's sweet, easy yet detailed SQ.

Lol yeah I miss the balls and sometimes the musicality but I would like something a bit less warm like Hugo 2 but it’s too expensive. It’s a shame there’s such a big gap between Mojo and Hugo 2. It’s one of the reasons daps are still popular around £900 I think or Chord would own the lot otherwise.

Jan 31, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #38,065 of 42,765
Lol yeah I miss the balls and sometimes the musicality but I would like something a bit less warm like Hugo 2 but it’s too expensive. It’s a shame there’s such a big gap between Mojo and Hugo 2. It’s one of the reasons daps are still popular around £900 I think or Chord would own the lot otherwise.

I actually preferred Mojo to the tour unit H2. It may have had an issue (Mediahound eventually went for an H2, and he had similar impressions of the same unit). I do have a TT2 ordered. End game (really), with no immediate or LT plans for mscaler.

Jan 31, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #38,066 of 42,765
I actually preferred Mojo to the tour unit H2. It may have had an issue (Mediahound eventually went for an H2, and he had similar impressions of the same unit). I do have a TT2 ordered. End game (really), with no immediate or LT plans for mscaler.

Yeah when I mean brighter I mean closer to neutral, I don’t think Hugo2 is bright but neutral and then Mojo is on the warmer side. I prefer neutral equipment and choose a warmer headphone rather than the other way around. The tour unit I used was fine.

Jan 31, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #38,067 of 42,765

Maybe the review unit just needed more burn in or something. That said, I got the H2 and use it in my desktop system. I prefer the H2 in green mode versus the highest incisive filter mode. But I also have a TT2 on the way and will continue to use the Mojo portably. It sounds amazing for the price.

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #38,069 of 42,765
Maybe the review unit just needed more burn in or something. That said, I got the H2 and use it in my desktop system. I prefer the H2 in green mode versus the highest incisive filter mode. But I also have a TT2 on the way and will continue to use the Mojo portably. It sounds amazing for the price.

Oh you got one then a H2? i remeber you really not enjoying it compared to your TT, what made you change your mind?

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #38,070 of 42,765
Oh you got one then a H2? i remeber you really not enjoying it compared to your TT, what made you change your mind?

Mainly selling my TT and needing something to replace it until the TT2 came out. But I'm liking the H2 a bit more these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back