Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 18, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #37,501 of 42,765
My favourite combo right now - PC - Foobar - Mojo - HD6XX.
Absolutely wonderful pairing.

The only difference for me is I use my iPhone SE as my source. Mojo connected with the HD 6XX listening to lossless music—sounds fantastic!

I listened to the HD 600 in the late 90s and the HD 650 in the early 00s, each time walking away not impressed. Too veiled on the top end was my thought. I don’t recall the source, but I listened to CDs. When the 6XX first hit for such a great price, I went back and forth about buying them each time there was a drop. I finally got a pair on a recent drop with immediate shipping.

I ran them straight for 50 hours or so, then started listening ... either my ears have changed over the last 20 years, I never heard a burned in pair when listening in the past, or the Mojo is ideally suited for the 6XX, but it’s like a different headphone. I couldn’t be happier with the sound, and I’m seriously considering buying the HD 58X even though I really don’t need another pair of headphones.

I will buy the HD 8XX whenever that drop happens ... :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #37,502 of 42,765
Do you notice a slightly less refined upper end on the left 3.5mm output, as opposed to the one right to it? This only is noticable to me with high impedance headphones like the HD 6xx. With some 16 and 50 ohm headphones, it wasn't evident.
AFAIK the outputs are identical. Wired to the same circuits. I don't see how they could possibly sound different. Your imagination on the other hand...

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #37,503 of 42,765
Do you notice a slightly less refined upper end on the left 3.5mm output, as opposed to the one right to it? This only is noticable to me with high impedance headphones like the HD 6xx. With some 16 and 50 ohm headphones, it wasn't evident.

I've mentioned this several times on this thread but that is what I hear as well, only in my experience it isn't limited to only headphones but to IEM's and speakers as well.

Oct 20, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #37,504 of 42,765
I've mentioned this several times on this thread but that is what I hear as well, only in my experience it isn't limited to only headphones but to IEM's and speakers as well.

Perhaps one output was used more than the other? Try using the other one for sometime and then compare to see if there's a difference?

I suspect it might be a burn in thing, but I'm no expert...

Oct 20, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #37,505 of 42,765
Perhaps one output was used more than the other? Try using the other one for sometime and then compare to see if there's a difference?

I suspect it might be a burn in thing, but I'm no expert...

I doubt that because I’ve always subconsciously , since day 1 ,preferred that output over the other but it really is not a night and day difference to be frank.

The other port had a lot of good use too only it was a friend listening with me.

Either way Mojo still rocks :wink:

Oct 23, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #37,507 of 42,765
I need to replace the battery, What kind of screwdriver do I need to use?
Use a Torx T7

mojo_fasteners.png

Oct 23, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #37,509 of 42,765
Over time my Mojo's 3.5mm jacks have gone from bad to unusable. I would constantly have to adjust the headphone jack in order to get sound instead of a mufled and distorted feedback in the past. Now I just get an ear piercing frequency or buzzing whenever I plug anything into the Mojo when it's on.

I live in New York, are there any options for repairs that may have appeared over time?

I haven't used my Mojo for a few months now because I'm a student and lack the money for repairs. (100 dollars an hour plus labor....) I would like to start using it again.

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #37,510 of 42,765
I doubt that because I’ve always subconsciously , since day 1 ,preferred that output over the other but it really is not a night and day difference to be frank.

The other port had a lot of good use too only it was a friend listening with me.

Either way Mojo still rocks :wink:
Yes. I clearly notice it with the Sennheiser HD 540 Gold, which is as neutral as they come. The left jack just has that subtle less bass response and less control in the highs than the one right to it.. I'm using a mini quad star cable with the headphones, so unfortanetly when I plug them in the right jack, the thick cable starts to twist and in turn the fit starts to get off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back