1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Next

Last
  1. georgelai57

Which Android phones would you recommend for the Mojo with these requirements?
    1. Native DSD
    2. Able to take 128 GB mSD; ideally 2 mSD's
    3. Don't have to be current model

Thanks

2. Torq

1. Not a function of the phone, unless you're saying you want something with an on-board DSD capable DAC.  As far as I know, with any Android phone, you're going to need a separate player app, with it's own driver, if you don't want the thing up sampling your files before they hit leave the device.
    2. The only phone I know of that has two microSDXC slots is the Saygus V(definitely supports the 200 GB SanDisk cards).
    3. Runs Android 5.1.1

Relatively unremarkable otherwise; build was average.

3. musicheaven

That's exactly how you prevent it, I usually don't stack smartphone and players or amp/DACs for that same reason so keeping those two physically separate is the best solution. If I ever stack it will be with components that don't transmit RF signals or have been shut off. If you do that, you'll never have any issues with RF, you just cut out the RF source.

4. joesean
    can mojo pair with fiio x5 gen 2..?
    now, my setup is fiio x5 gen 2, cayin c5 and aurisonics asg-2.5
    and I'm planning to order mojo. does mojo bring big bass for my asg-2.5 ?
    I don't want to miss that big bass.

thanks,
    Joe

5. georgelai57
    Do the volume lights change in the same color sequence as the sample frequency colors? What's the maximum color anyone has reached just for curiosity?

6. gavinfabl

As Torq said. Something like a LG G4 is heavily reduced in price now from its new price is an option. But you will need USB Audio Player Pro app to get the best.

Totally agree musicheaven.

7. tassardar

Using a z1 compact I reached like pink.

8. georgelai57

Me too for ZX-2 > Mojo > LCD2.2

9. x RELIC x Contributor

Yes, similar. The idea is the spectrum of visible light. Red to ultra violet and then white. At either end of the volume range the colours change independently and have finer volume control. The dB details from Rob are in my review.

I've only gone to double cyan (low-ish blue) with the LCD-2.2.

10. georgelai57
    Waiting for the first guy to say "white"!

11. NinjaHamster
    Didn't wait long enough.

12. headwhacker

I get full blue on HD800 and even darker blue on T1

13. musicheaven
    @Relic wouldn't white be on the top (max) end of the volume scale and if so wouldn't that be too loud?

14. x RELIC x Contributor

An emphatic yes! Unless your driving very difficult to drive cans. :blink:

15. Torq

White!

Wait ... what?

I haz no Mojo presently ...

When I do get mine it'll be driving LCD-2.2c and Ether-Cs to relatively loud levels, so we'll see ... I'm more than half-way round the dial with an Yggy/Rag combo (medium gain, nMP->Roon as a source) as it stands.

First

Back
240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Next

Last