1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. Mython Contributor

I suggest you compare it and draw your own conclusions [​IMG]

2. Black Dog

I see it as a positive omen, very recently started my quest into portable audiofidelity, got lots of info from this great gathering here
    and BAMMM: Chord releases the Mojo,  twice above my initial budget but i feel the Mojo let's you cut costly corners on the way to portable audio heaven.

3. Mython Contributor
    The AKs do offer a lot of convenience and performance in a slim form-factor, so some will prefer to stick with something so slim, whereas others may feel the extra current-delivery, etc., of the Mojo make it a worthwhile proposition.

4. deuter
    Well Played! 

5. audionewbi
    My AK120 has issue for any files over 24/96. Optical on some AK players aren't the best out there.

6. deuter

Get something with USB digital out then, like the Sony.

7. Mython Contributor
    I think there is often a danger in making concrete statements that 'X ' is better than 'Y'.

Audio is a very subjective thing.

I am not going to tell anyone in this thread that the Mojo is the best DAC-Amp ever, and they should rush out and buy it, sight-unseen (thought that is always an option [​IMG])

But I can, with absolutely clear conscience, encourage people to make the effort to seek out a demo of the Mojo, rather than assume it is hype or too inexpensive to be a TOTL performer, because I sincerely believe that it will impress quite a high percentage of people who are willing to take the time to sit down and listen to it.

stevemiddie likes this.
  8. MattTCG

^^ Yup...this. 

9. audionewbi

Sony currently don't offer any elegant otg cables. I will be testing it for sure.

10. drgajet

Very well stated. I think there's a hint in there somewhere.

Jim

11. Head1
    The impression so far say that it has 70% of the SQ of the Hugo which is quite a big margin in audio terms. I think that puts it within the range of the Geekout which is much cheaper. Hopefully there will be more comparisons with other dac/amps. 

12. h1f1add1cted
    This should do the job well (Sony WM Port to micro USB) and it's IMHO elegant:

http://world.taobao.com/item/45493617058.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.rxc9GH#detail

Zwischenablage01.jpg

13. audionewbi
    It appears it isn't fair to consider mojo as a lesser model of hugo.

They are both holding their own ground, one maintaining a more reference sound and the other is providing the more musical sound that people were trying to achieve by connecting their Hugo to various tube amps.

I can't wait for my unit to arrive.

14. DanBa

For the time being, the best Android music players are USB Audio Player PRO, Onkyo HF Player and HibyMusic.
    They include their own USB audio soft driver.

They can convert ALAC-encoded music files to PCM audio streams to be forwarded to a Chord Mojo.

15. deuter

Percentages are not usually a good measure of sound quality.

At this level, there are things you will like about the mojo and there will be things that the Hugo will do better.
    Its called sound signature.

Argo Duck likes this.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last