Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 29, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #36,977 of 42,765
I can get blue with a little red before it gets a bit too loud for me, but when connecting an external amp it’s a lot better for some reason. Would you know why?

Likely because you prefer the tuning of the amp and the way it synergizes with the headphone. That doesn’t mean the Mojo is underpowered from a Voltage or Current perspective. If you are still in the lower split colour volume range with blue/red then you are no where near using the max power the Mojo will output at that listening level. There’s is a lot of headroom at those levels. The only way you’ll actually use more power ‘available’ is if you turn up the volume more.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #36,980 of 42,765
Hello!

Does anyone here know if this beats the sony wm1a? Or even the wm1z?
I think in terms of measurements like S/N and the like, the Mojo is better, but they aren't really in the same category, as the the sony is a DAP, and the Mojo by itself is not.

Some measurements of the Sony are here, in Korean, and Mojo measurements are found in several different places like Stereophile, etc.
https://www.0db.co.kr/xe/index.php?mid=REVIEW_0DB&category=183&document_srl=91538&ckattempt=1

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #36,981 of 42,765
I think in terms of measurements like S/N and the like, the Mojo is better, but they aren't really in the same category, as the the sony is a DAP, and the Mojo by itself is not.

Some measurements of the Sony are here, in Korean, and Mojo measurements are found in several different places like Stereophile, etc.
https://www.0db.co.kr/xe/index.php?mid=REVIEW_0DB&category=183&document_srl=91538&ckattempt=1

So it sounds better? Wow, what is it that cost so much on the Sony then? The screen and the chassi and that it is a DAP? Or maybe its the Mojo thats cheap.

Does Mojo benefit from any burn in? (Yes Im a believer)

Jul 31, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #36,983 of 42,765
So it sounds better? Wow, what is it that cost so much on the Sony then? The screen and the chassi and that it is a DAP? Or maybe its the Mojo thats cheap.

Does Mojo benefit from any burn in? (Yes Im a believer)
I haven't heard the Sony but yes. I would say the Mojo is a bargain. I think it is great that something so enjoyable is affordable.
I have never heard of anyone claiming improvements from burn in. I may be wrong but I think Rob Watts, Mojo's designer, has said that there is no benefit.

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #36,984 of 42,765
I had re align my Mojo so I took some shots of disassembly tonight, thought you Chord fans would appreciate.

CFB3A159-DFF9-4F47-9E87-2407CDBFA805.jpeg
05637C0D-9A05-400D-8DB8-83A5466D7526.jpeg
755A86C3-6436-4EA9-96B9-2F73A02A05A8.jpeg

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #36,986 of 42,765
How complex is it to replace the battery? Can you share a picture of the battery and its connections as well?
Can you provide details/link about replacement battery.

Thanks

It’s put back together now but here’s another picture I found from the thread. It’s very easy to replace the battery you just need to give the white connector a gentle tug and a wiggle it should come out easily. You will need more adhesive when you pry the battery from the top piece of the shell though.

I would find a chord dealer and ask them to sell you one battery to install yourself, I wouldn’t trust any eBay copies if there are some about.

167CE4E5-369B-4D31-9E7D-34553E193C27.jpeg

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #36,988 of 42,765
Thank you all for all the answers.

One last question. I read a lot that you get different sound if you pair the Mojo with a phone or a DAP or a computer. Why is that? Mojo just use the other device as a storage? It shouldnt matter if you read a file from a phone or a computer? Its the same file?

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #36,989 of 42,765
Thank you all for all the answers.

One last question. I read a lot that you get different sound if you pair the Mojo with a phone or a DAP or a computer. Why is that? Mojo just use the other device as a storage? It shouldnt matter if you read a file from a phone or a computer? Its the same file?
Other than the minor differences you might or might not hear between the USB/Optical/Coaxial interfaces of the DAP or computer, there shouldn't be any difference. Then again some people claim you need a $500 USB cable to make the best sound...
The only difference of note that I've seen between iOS device vs computer is that sometimes I get skipping in the audio on the iOS device. But this is not unique to Mojo. Any DAC I connect to using the CCK has this occasional glitch.

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #36,990 of 42,765
Other than the minor differences you might or might not hear between the USB/Optical/Coaxial interfaces of the DAP or computer, there shouldn't be any difference. Then again some people claim you need a $500 USB cable to make the best sound...
The only difference of note that I've seen between iOS device vs computer is that sometimes I get skipping in the audio on the iOS device. But this is not unique to Mojo. Any DAC I connect to using the CCK has this occasional glitch.

Okey so its that kind of a discussion. Good.
I thought if the DAP would process the sound somehow before it send it to the Mojo.
Thanks again for answering

Users who are viewing this thread

Back