Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 28, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #36,961 of 42,759
I think the only thing bugging me is the amp section being a little underpowered for planars.

Personally, I would disagree entirely with this over generalization based on my experience, and comparing to much more powerful gear I own. What planar headphone in particular would you consider too difficult to drive?

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #36,963 of 42,759
If I remember rightly Rob designs the code, board layout etc and John takes care of the metalwork design.

I don't really like lights that stay on.
If the Mojo had been packaged in a plain metal box, with a rotary digital encoder (i.e.- Volume Knob), and a discrete Power/Charging LED, I would have purchased it back in 2016. :ksc75smile:

Jul 28, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #36,964 of 42,759
If the Mojo had been packaged in a plain metal box, with a rotary digital encoder (i.e.- Volume Knob), and a discrete Power/Charging LED, I would have purchased it back in 2016. :ksc75smile:
I keep mine in a small zip bag. I'm sure you could work something out to cover the lights. Even cardboard...

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #36,967 of 42,759
For me, the mojo takes a little bit too much volume for the LCD-X and starts to make my ears ring.

Strange. The LCD-X is quite efficient (20 Ohm, 103dB SPL/mW).

My XC and LCD-2.2 both have a lot of headroom, barely double red or barely double yellow respectively before it gets too loud for me. That said I’m not a fan of the XC from the Mojo (my early XC is tuned too bright for my tastes on most gear), but my LCD-2.2 sounds wonderful from Mojo. Also, other planar headphones I own play very well on the Mojo.

I guess we have very different perspectives and listening levels, which is fine.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #36,968 of 42,759
Not a total solution and you probably already know this but from the manual...

Can I turn down the function lights? They are too bright.

You can turn down the brightness of the Chord Mojo lights by pressing the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously. The brightness will then cycle through two states.

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #36,969 of 42,759
Strange. The LCD-X is quite efficient (20 Ohm, 103dB SPL/mW).

My XC and LCD-2.2 both have a lot of headroom, barely double red or barely double yellow respectively before it gets too loud for me. That said I’m not a fan of the XC from the Mojo (my early XC is tuned too bright for my tastes on most gear), but my LCD-2.2 sounds wonderful from Mojo. Also, other planar headphones I own play very well on the Mojo.

I guess we have very different perspectives and listening levels, which is fine.

I can get blue with a little red before it gets a bit too loud for me, but when connecting an external amp it’s a lot better for some reason. Would you know why?

Jul 29, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #36,971 of 42,759
Another Question. What Bufferlength do you guys have in UAPP? And what settings? I asking because I have sometimes short sound dropouts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back