Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 15, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #36,902 of 42,759
Is it possible for one of the 3.5mm outputs to sound worse than the other, if I put my headphone jack too hard in/out of that output? Or will they still sound the same, even though I have inserted/pulled out the jack a bit hard a few times on 1 jack?

Because I have the feeling that the first 3.5mm output that I usually use (were I sometimes pulled/insterted my headphone cable hard into it) sounds a bit more grainy than the other 3.5mm output which I don't use as much.

But ofcourse, that could totally be placebo, but I'm wondering if there's a factual explanation that these 2 jacks will always sound the same, no matter how much tension is set on one of them.

For me personally , the headphone jack on the Chord side sounds the best, it sounds slightly warmer than the other side but the difference is insubstantial in the grand scheme of things.

But when I’m listening with a friend you already know what side they will be listening on :p

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #36,903 of 42,759
Do headphone adaptors have any real world effect on sq?

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #36,904 of 42,759
For me personally , the headphone jack on the Chord side sounds the best, it sounds slightly warmer than the other side but the difference is insubstantial in the grand scheme of things.

But when I’m listening with a friend you already know what side they will be listening on :p
Yes, I feel like the jack on the right side from below the light bulbs, sounds a bit smoother and more refined.. I'm wondering if there's some damage to the jack straight under the light bulbs, or if it was always there, and became evident in a direct comparison..

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #36,905 of 42,759
Do headphone adaptors have any real world effect on sq?
They can but (assuming it's not complete garbage) the effects tend to be small enough that it won't be noticeable unless you've got much of the other bottlenecks in your system gone. Like I wouldn't use a cheap adapter with an expensive cable. And I wouldn't use an expensive cable with a cheap DAC/Amp/Headphone. Etc.

Obviously everyone's ears and systems are different so what's vanishingly subtle to some may be glaringly obvious to others. So YMMV.

Jul 16, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #36,906 of 42,759
Can anyone recommend an excellent 6.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor? I know furetech make some fancy ones.

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #36,907 of 42,759
Yes, I feel like the jack on the right side from below the light bulbs, sounds a bit smoother and more refined.. I'm wondering if there's some damage to the jack straight under the light bulbs, or if it was always there, and became evident in a direct comparison..

I ditto your comments regarding smoothness and refinement on the right side jack, no idea why.

My Mojo is one of the original ones with the original finish before it was changed. At one point I had access to two Mojo’s, mine and a new one. I didn’t get a chance to test it in depth but both sounded exactly as I expected them too..

Jul 17, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #36,908 of 42,759
Jul 19, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #36,909 of 42,759
Are mojo users finding that with some full size cans like my pm1 for e.g. the use of a 3.5 to 6.5 adaptor has become a must? I found with the oppo's the supplied 3.5 jack would not fit so i had to use an adaptor. Are members having similar experiences with other headphones?

Jul 19, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #36,911 of 42,759
No firm click in. The supplied 3.5mm jack from oppo quite simply did not fit mojo's headphone in no matter how you tried.

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #36,913 of 42,759
No firm click in. The supplied 3.5mm jack from oppo quite simply did not fit mojo's headphone in no matter how you tried.

Since Oppo Digital makes its headphones in the USA, I would guess that yours may have a standard 1/8th inch plug which is only 3.175 mm rather than 3.5 mm that the Mojo jack is made for. Close, but not as snug as it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back