Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 27, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #36,242 of 42,765
thanks, but do I have to turn it off while charging? can I use a quick smartphone charger?

If you use a second cable you can use the Mojo as well as charge it, but it might get uncomfortably hot for you. The device should be safe.

I'll ask iFi to clarify the contradiction about whether the battery is being charged simultaneously, but going by their answers on Amazon the battery seems much better preserved. God forbid the Mojo battery starts going downhill that would brick the whole device and its life is limited by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #36,243 of 42,765
If you use a second cable you can use the Mojo as well as charge it, but it might get uncomfortably hot for you. The device should be safe.

I'll ask iFi to clarify the contradiction about whether the battery is being charged simultaneously, but going by their answers on Amazon the battery seems much better preserved. God forbid the Mojo battery starts going downhill that would brick the whole device and its life is limited by default.
The micro iDSD doesn't charge if turned off prior to connecting. However, it will use and drain the battery in Normal or Turbo mode. The mojo if fully charged prior to using it and connected to a power source will trickle charge when needed. However, it is not recommended to leave it plugged into power 24/7. Quite a few people have destroyed their battery by doing this.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #36,244 of 42,765
Is it considered plugged into power if it's connected to a computer through the listening port? I'd be flabbergasted if it basically cannot be used as a desktop DAC/amp in addition to being portable. You also seem to be misinterpreting that FAQ, what's written there implies more of a trickle than a straight drain as well. Let's see what iFi say about the contradiction.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #36,245 of 42,765
Is it considered plugged into power if it's connected to a computer through the listening port? I'd be flabbergasted if it basically cannot be used as a desktop DAC/amp in addition to being portable. You also seem to be misinterpreting that FAQ, what's written there implies more of a trickle than a straight drain as well. Let's see what iFi say about the contradiction.
I own them both. The iDSD doesn't charge when connected to a computer if the iDSD is powered off prior to connecting. The mojo charges if both connections are used.

The iDSD will use USB power and the battery if needed (Normal and Turbo mode).

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #36,246 of 42,765
Do you own the Black Label? How would you compare their sound? Is the Micro something you just can't fit into a pocket?

I won't leave the Mojo with both connections constantly but having to recharge the battery even through desktop use I find pretty alarming, not to mention a little annoying. What exactly is the trickle rate? How long does the battery last through a PC?

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #36,247 of 42,765
I can upload it with this. s-l225.jpg

Apr 27, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #36,248 of 42,765
Is it considered plugged into power if it's connected to a computer through the listening port? I'd be flabbergasted if it basically cannot be used as a desktop DAC/amp in addition to being portable. You also seem to be misinterpreting that FAQ, what's written there implies more of a trickle than a straight drain as well. Let's see what iFi say about the contradiction. Did you read the Amazon responses at all or am I offending Chord too much for your sensibility?
Cars are designed to travel. Yes you can pretty much do anything in it, possibly you can also live in a car if you want but the main purpose is travelling.

Mojo is designed to be used on the go. It can be used as a desktop DAC but it doesn't mean it can be used permanently. For the battery maximization you can search in the thread. It has been answered so many times already.

Apr 27, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #36,252 of 42,765
Apr 27, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #36,254 of 42,765
sorry for me the manual is not out so I ask.
The FAQ in post #3 contains far more information than is in most user manuals.
There was also a Head-Fi wiki devoted to mojo, but the link does not seem to work any more.
The official Chord FAQ is here, and it does describe how to cycle between, the two levels of ball brightness.
Hope this helps.

Apr 27, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #36,255 of 42,765
FWIW I actually agree the Mojo can be very annoying at time, but alas it's mostly for portable use. Also re: "money doesn't buy you maturity", agreed as well. In personal experience, I've actually found it to be the exact opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back