Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 3, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #3,571 of 42,765
Any UK folks imported an AK100mkii from the US? Some good prices and thinking would get stung approx £65 for taxes, would that be about right?
Would make it total around £350 which is around £250 cheaper than I can find in the UK.

Want to give it a crack with the Mojo.

A wee bump for own post to catch uk users who may have an answer to this.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #3,572 of 42,765
Just wanted to say Sony nwz a15 with mojo using wm-port otg cable only offers 7 hours of battery life.

I get 8h with zx100, the Sony actually keeps going after, but im wondering if that wm-port does indeed drain the power more than necessary.anyhow,im trying Questyles optical out this week,lets see if I get more juice out of Mojo that way.
What my ears know tho is how much better the Sony sounds over AK100ii with Mojo
And also A15 was much much worse digital out than zx100,same cable and configuration(in case one assumes its the same out of any Sony via digital)

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #3,573 of 42,765
Such cables terminated with 3.5mm at both ends seem remarkably difficult to find. Could someone hpost an Amazon or other UK link please ?

Alternatively, I could buy a RCA to 3.5mm adaptor , which I have seen on Amazon, and connect to my existing DX90 cable.

Hi Highfell, here's one from Custom Cable in Surrey

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/custom-cable-cc35-3.5mm-coaxial-cable.html

I'm actually using the iBasso cable with a phono adapter but am swopping between Mojo and Hugo.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #3,574 of 42,765
Well who to blame? Smartphone makers, DAC builders or even for that matter DAP manufacturers? They can't account for the poorly RF insulated phones and for them, the best they can do is suggest you don't stack them together but really place them apart so no RF will harm them. As soon as you cross the portable chasm, this is what you have to deal with. Can't win them all; if you want a portable RF free solution use a DAP else use your phone.

Smartphone makers do not design the devices they make to be stacked with another device. Hence, they have a higher tolerance of RF interference. IMO it's up to the external device makers to make the proper insulation since they supplement a function that already exist in smartphones.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #3,575 of 42,765

A wee bump for own post to catch uk users who may have an answer to this.

Far cheaper in UK to get Fiio X5 i or ii?  Admit, if those US prices were available here, I might be tempted, though I do find DX90 and X5 great matches for the Hugo and Mojo. I have one attached to each, but now cant lend a DAP to my wife.

How many DAPs does one need?
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #3,577 of 42,765
Smartphone makers do not design the devices they make to be stacked with another device. Hence, they have a higher tolerance of RF interference. IMO it's up to the external device makers to make the proper insulation since they supplement a function that already exist in smartphones.

Agree, if the device is specifically intended for a smartphone audience like the Mojo (and there is no doubt Chord are claiming that). Agree with others here that this aspect isn't really good enough. Fortunately there is no noise with my Note 4, but I won't be happy if I buy a new phone and have issues.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #3,578 of 42,765
I'll wait for other future option, I am not a fan of optical from my AK120. Optical in general is too fragile. All you need is a bit of scratch on either the optical surface and there goes 24/192 support. The cleanest option is coaxial, USB is also too messy due to all that various necessity for OTG and CCK cable.

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #3,579 of 42,765

Far cheaper in UK to get Fiio X5 i or ii?  Admit, if those US prices were available here, I might be tempted, though I do find DX90 and X5 great matches for the Hugo and Mojo. I have one attached to each, but now cant lend a DAP to my wife.

How many DAPs does one need?
biggrin.gif

I did look at those but I've owned both the DX90 and X5 in the past, fancied trying something new with the Mojo but may well go down that route or possibly the new DX80 if it gets good reviews.

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #3,580 of 42,765
  Another 4 hours spent listening to the Mojo through my HD800s yeserday.  Wow.... It's a shame I can't get one for myself , although like many of you I have spent my money with Custom Cables, doesn't look like they were in stock at the time of ordering despite it saying there were 10 in stock on their web site

You were straight after me!

Still nothing........

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #3,581 of 42,765

Didn't Rob already mention that the Mojo is well insulated and it's the cable that acts as an antennae for RF / EMI. When I tested it I only had noise, pops, clicks when on 2G/Edge networks and WiFi didn't interfere with the signal AFAIK. The killer for me was getting a message on my phone and hearing it through the Mojo. Last time I want listen to my phone ring through my headphones. Easy decision for me after that to use airplane mode, or a DAP.

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #3,583 of 42,765
  I'll wait for other future option, I am not a fan of optical from my AK120. Optical in general is too fragile. All you need is a bit of scratch on either the optical surface and there goes 24/192 support. The cleanest option is coaxial, USB is also too messy due to all that various necessity for OTG and CCK cable.

It would take a bit of effort to scratch that optical tip.

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #3,585 of 42,765
Got my Mojo working!

As requested photos of Sony Z5 mobile working with Mojo.

Playing Bob Marley 24/192, Chris Von-Scheidern 16/44 and Marvin Gaye DFF/DSD 2.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back