1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. ZappaMan
    I got my optical cable in tescos, hopefully they all the same :)

2. Mython Contributor

Before I say what I'm about to say, let me preface it by saying I am not an Android expert, so I may be wrong about this:

I think I recall a few people saying that newer Android phones no longer require OTG cables. By newer, that'd probably mean 2017 onwards.

Anyone reading this, please take this information with caution and do further research to verify it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    dontfeedphils likes this.
  3. dontfeedphils
    Pretty sure anything with a USB-C input/output doesn't need a special "OTG" cable. Any normal cable will work and recognize the device.

Deftone and betula like this.
  4. ChasingDopamine
    So with my note 8 I could use a standard usb c to micro usb cable without otg on either end? Will the mojo take charge from my batter if said sable is plugged into my phone and the data input socket of the mojo? The FAQ said I need a cable which is otg on the phone end but Im really struggling to find one in the UK

5. dontfeedphils
    Before I bought the Black Dragon "form fit" cable I used this cheap cable from amazon without any issue,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LONQ7R6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6. betula
    There was a link for you in one of my previous comments to eBay UK. The cable comes from China, but it doesn't take more than 4-5 days.

7. ChasingDopamine
    Thank you for the link. I had noticed it but it gives me an estimate of end of April for delivery (to the UK). Maybe this is an over estimate though as they say it ships via standard delivery 1 day after payment so unless they are walking it from China I suspect it may not take as long. The form factor seems ideal for stacking.

8. ChasingDopamine
  9. dontfeedphils
    No, the phone only sends data unless you tell it to power the device. Android may say "supplying power to device", but based on battery usage on both the phone and the Mojo, I know that's not true. I had a Fiio E10K in the past that I would power and drive with a Nexus 6P, that would pull power, and a lot of it (phone would drain very quickly). That's not the case with the Mojo and this cable.

10. dontfeedphils
    Another recommendation for driving the Mojo from a newer Android based phone, buy USB Audio Player Pro and thank me later.

11. ChasingDopamine
    Thank you I might give this one a go as Amazon UK has the same item in stock next day delivery.

Yes I also use UAPP with my dragonfly red, works a treat.

dontfeedphils likes this.
  12. dontfeedphils
    No problem. If you have a choke or two laying around I noticed it help with EMI/RFI noise when using with my phone.

13. ChasingDopamine
    My mojo just arrived! Ordered off Amazon last night at 7pm and it arrived today at 4pm!
    It came with no instruction manual or anything (is this normal?) Just the colour codes codes on the side of the box.

I thought it would take longer to arrive so I've had no time to read up on the colour schemes of charging indicators etc.. so straight to work on the FAQ! Might try and find some videos too.

Am I right to say that I should leave it to charge for 10 hours or until the indicator goes out before using it t all?

14. ZappaMan
    Yes - re charging

Here’s the manual

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Mojo-Manual-28072016.pdf

15. SilverEars
    This is so weird, I don't know why Mojo puts out the best sound out of my active speakers. JBL LSR305. It's like it's the best or perfect match for it. If anybody has an LSR305, I'd definitely feed it the Mojo. I was actually thinking about selling my Mojo, but I can't get anything to replace it for my active speakers! :deadhorse:

Mojo performs well with everything for it, music, movies, videos. Chord should consult JBL in just building in the Mojo DAC into to those monitors! They are pretty much meant for each other IME.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    TheTrace likes this.