Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 25, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #35,461 of 42,765
Yes I do, it sounds great to me with any DAC I've used it with, Mojo, Hugo2, Oppo HA-2se, Ifi Nano BL, etc, etc. It just works and works well.
Thanks, i have tried 3 different transports, galaxy s7 which I thought was awful , I read some comments on the net of people saying they can't tell the difference from there phone, with that pairing I agree.
Fiio x7 through micro usb again for me mediocre but better .
Opus1 is a lot better but optical and doesn't bypass internal dac can sound on the very odd occasion a bit too processed.
Best use so far from me is laptop.
I'm thinking of buy the m1

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #35,462 of 42,765
and doesn't bypass internal dac can sound on the very odd occasion a bit too processed.

Just to clear things up here in case it confuses others... If the signal goes through the Opus1’s DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter) then the Mojo would not be able to decode it because it would be an analogue signal if it went through the DAC of the Opus1. Optical output is digital and there is no way to output an analogue signal from the Opus1’s DAC through optical.

So no, the Opus1 DAC is not used to output the signal through optical to the Mojo.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #35,463 of 42,765
There shouldn't be any difference between transports, that being said Android (on phones) does do a lot of strange things to the sound.

Just to clear things up here in case it confuses others... If the signal goes through the Opus1’s DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter) then the Mojo would not be able to decode it because it would be an analogue signal if it went through the DAC of the Opus1. Optical output is digital and there is no way to output an analogue signal from the Opus1’s DAC through optical.

So no, the Opus1 DAC is not used to output the signal through optical to the Mojo.

I stand corrected...Thanks dude didn't know that.

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #35,469 of 42,765
If it can work with the cable that is in the picture then why can't he work with the cable from the L5? don't understand.
90000.jpg

Feb 26, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #35,470 of 42,765
If it can work with the cable that is in the picture then why can't he work with the cable from the L5? don't understand.
Mojo cannot accept analog input. L5 is analog line out for walkman.
For Digital out from walkman to mojo you need Fiio's L27.
http://www.fiio.net/en/products/80

content_L27____-EN_04.jpg

content_L27____-EN_05.jpg

Feb 26, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #35,472 of 42,765
Hi guys, I have the mojo. I want to sell it as a bundle with ny sony EX800st and JVC SZ1000.

How do I upload to sell it? Can I do it off my phone or do I have to do it through a computer?

Appreciate any PM's on how to do this.

Cheers

Feb 27, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #35,473 of 42,765
I just wanted to share this..... I was listening to the Beatles, Hey Jude, Germany 1976 (DSF), on the iphone via Onkyo HD Player app, over a phono lead to my car sterero, and the sound was really amazing. I dont listen to the beatles really, so it was one of those rarer moments that people talk about, where the music\performance was so tangible. Mojo rocks.

Is it worth spending any money on improving a 3.5 phono lead for listening in the car?

It depends on how much your enjoyment is dependent on your perception of the reproduction's qualities.

If the setup you are describing sounded amazing to you, than this device might not be worth your time. However, you're here reading about it so a part of you is considering the idea that it is worth your time. Only you can answer that. You're probably going to hear to hear it yourself.

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #35,475 of 42,765
i do. no clicking for me. only issue i have is that the mojo gets a ton of interference from the iphone if i keep them too close. a real bummer for my portable rig
I have also noticed this interference and the only ways to get rid of it is for me to put the iphone in airplane mode, or to put them in separate pockets with a cable between. (Neither ideal solutions).
I ordered a walkman cable adapter from Sony to connect my NWZ-A17 that should arrive in a couple weeks. As long as I have bluetooth turned off and the FM tuner off, there shouldn't be any RF issues with that one. Mainly I hope that the sony cable slides into the Chord USB adapter with the same fit as the Apple CCK (otherwise some "shaving" of the plastic housing on that cable may be necessary). Anyone tried to use the Sony WMC-NWH10 with the Chord USB adapter? From the picture, the USB female end looks a little bulkier than the Apple one.

**edit** Forgot to mention that I always heard this same RF interference with the Oppo HA-2 and iPhone SE as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back