1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Mython Contributor
    Perhaps.

Also, I am no angel, myself. I know that.

To re-iterate: my remarks weren't intended negatively - I was only making a peaceful and not unreasonable request, as the off-topic may have continued quite a bit further.

No heavyhandedness intended, and no offence intended. I hope that was obvious from the polite & relaxed tone of my opening request.

2. Mython Contributor
    You might also care to consider one of EE's new lineup

3. myusernameislove
    I know about it, but which one of it? Remember, it should be the best available option for 1k. It does not need to be EE, if better price/value ratio is found elsewhere. I would like someone to name few real gems that pair very well with Mojo around 1k

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  4. Deftone
    IE800S performs on the same level of $2K flagship customs for “only” $1K

I’m using the IE800S Mojo combination right now.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  5. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Bummer, as you can see I deleted my post, but obviously you were replying while I was editing! I realized that your suggestion was reasonable and even if OT chats were common (like this one!!) they are still best via PM. No harm no foul mate, cheers.

Armando Cruz likes this.
  6. etnt
    Acoustune 1551

myusernameislove likes this.
  7. miketlse
    SE 846, AKT8IE, for a start.
    Etymotic iems have fans, but not everyone likes the deep penetrative of the earbuds. Also some users hear background hiss with very sensitive iems like the SE846, but most users seem ok.
    So it is difficult for owners to give a definitive one best iem, because criteria like music type, comfort, hiss, fully sealed or open, can influence the choice. Even so you should get an interesting short-list of iems to demo, and make your final choice.

8. Zojokkeli
    Definitely give Noble Audio Dulce Bass a shot. Lush mids and a nice, full bodied sound signature.

9. myusernameislove
    I choosed these. Can you please share you impressions with them (possibly with Mojo)? How would you compare them to the other IEMs you own? Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  10. paulgc
    @MoonAudio never fails to amaze me ordered late on the 21st and on my desk on the 23rd in Toronto.

11. etnt
    plenty of impressions here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/acoustune-hs1501-al-hs1551-cu.853285/

impactful bass, warm mids and nice trebles without getting sibilant. not exactly neutral, veering to the warm side but sounding very musical and full bodied.

though i only listened to them for a few hours, chose it's bassier brother 1501 in the end.

myusernameislove likes this.
  12. JeremyLaurenson
    Hi all,

I am waiting for my Chord Poly to arrive and I have been messing with a CCK. Intermittent clipping etc with the latest iOS abound, 2 CcKs later.

I have perused this thread and it seems that this just isn’t going to work. I’d like someone to verify for me that this is the current state of affairs with Mojo and iPhoneX

13. Deftone
    Not iPhone X but I’m using iPhone 8 with mojo sometimes and its always worked fine. It’s the cck with two ports on the bottom for charging as well.

14. majo123
    Does anyone use shanling m1 as transport for mojo ? I was wondering how good they pair up? I ask as in my experience of different transports phones daps etc there are some that sound better than others.

15. SteveOliver
    Yes I do, it sounds great to me with any DAC I've used it with, Mojo, Hugo2, Oppo HA-2se, Ifi Nano BL, etc, etc. It just works and works well.

Deftone, JeremyLaurenson and majo123 like this.