1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246
Next

Last
  1. youkeum
    how about iOS like ipod touch or iphone6 with the mojo? it's very portable size-

2. mjdutton

Yes I have heard and auditioned the 2Qute and the Mojo is better in all areas.  I think that you find the Mojo more musically satisfying that the DAC V1.  Forget the price difference, just listen to the music and enjoy.

3. singleended58

It is portable size too but I am not allowed to use iPhone 6+ which is only for emergency. Hence, I must have AK100 mk2!!!

4. OK-Guy

McCol... convert the $-price to Pounds then add 23% (20% VAT + 3% Import Duty), you'll also get hit for a handling-fee of anything between £15-25 (RM is cheapest), hth.

I tend to go the Luxemburg-Option route, if it's good enough for Amazon etc. 

5. musicheaven

Well both of you should go the AK route I have an iPhone 6 I used regularly with my hi-res player/amp and it screws up the playback with a load of RF noise, I think the iPhone is polluting RF very badly. You'd be better off with an optical based player like the AK 100 and above than a noisy smartphone like the iPhone 6.

6. spook76

I use the iPod Touch with the Mojo but as my learned colleague above correctly points out the RF interference renders it inoperative unless, like me, you leave it in airplane mode when using it with the Mojo.

image.jpg

7. Currawong Contributor

Thanks for clarifying this. It's interesting now because I have a high-quality S/PDIF transport here I'm using with the Hugo that sounds significantly different compared to the USB input.

8. youkeum

thanks for your suggestion guys. I've heard about the RF noise. Can I use wi-fi with airplain mode? i like streaming service. if i can, how about the RF thing when i use wi-fi?

9. spook76
    Unfortunately, not. Both the radio for the cellular and the wifi produce RF interference. The only remedy is to keep the iDevice as far away from the Mojo. If you stack like I do, neither wifi nor the cellular may be engaged.

10. lextek Contributor
    Seems strange Mojo has RF issues when used with a phone. This is the description from the Chord site

"Chord Electronics is proud to introduce Mojo, the ultimate DAC/Headphone Amplifier for your smartphone. Simply connect Mojo to your iPhone, Android phone, PC, or Mac, plug in your headphones and you can experience crystal clear audio the way you would hear it in the recording studio."

11. singleended58
    So the time is now 5:45 PM (6:45 pm last Sunday) PST. I knew that my order is in the 3rd batch. ;(((((

12. Hififox
    Anyone got shipping information about 2nd batch? I ordered Mojo from moon-audio at night of 10/15, and I sent email twice to moon-audio but no reply from them.

13. rq1111
    Hi guys, I just bought the mojo yesterday and i put it on charge till this morning for about 12 hrs of charging but the charging light still on. When it is charging after 12 hrs, I try to on it but it on for a few seconds then no light on all the buttons including volume buttons. Is this normal? When I plug out the usb charging cable then I can on the mojo. So is this normal?

14. taz23
    Is your charger 1A or more?  I noticed that for chargers with < 1A, the white LED on the charging port of Mojo blinks.  

When it charges, it should be a steady white light.

I hope this helps.

15. M-13
    So for those of you pairing the Mojo with the AK100ii and/or AK120 (original). Can I get a description of how the Mojo headphone out is better than the heaphone out of these DAPs? Is it more transparent/detailed?

First

Back
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246
Next

Last