1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. canali
    for iems also try FLC 8S for US$200 or so used.....imo were almost as good as the AK-T8ie

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    miketlse likes this.
  2. andrewjamesdean
    After years with an android, and being very happy with UAPP, I’ve just bought an iPhone and no idea what an equivalent iOS app is.

Any suggestions? I’d like to be able to play music stores locally on the phone, and also stream from my NAS when at home.

All my music is FLAC, including some 192 hi-res files.

What apps are you all using?

Help!

RiseFall123 likes this.
  3. RiseFall123
    Roon support Mojo multi bitrate and Tidal.

But sincerely I use 90% tidal app alone and only sometimes Roon (for headphone listening + mojo).

4. andrewjamesdean
    Appreciate the response, but I’m probably after a solution in the sub-$500 price range haha

5. RiseFall123
    Maybe I didn’t get the question.

Roon is 100 dollars/year while tidal is optional.

Roon works with ios and the flac you have in the computer.

I have other advices for ios but roon seem the better, just ask.

6. SteveOliver
    Hibymusic is available on iOS, if ever I went to the Apple darkside I would start there. It's cheaper than Roon too. :)

7. RiseFall123
    He could try neutron, onkyo, even foobar with the monkeymote plugin.

Some will not respect the bitrate and other will not connect to a server. There are many stuff to try.

SteveOliver likes this.
  8. RiseFall123
    Somebody here which prefer Mojo “alone” solution instead to muscolar amps (crack jot etc.) for around ear high impedance (say 300ohm) headphones?

I am struggling with myself if burn in my brain t accept the polite mojo-hd 650 pairing or if to fall into “good plenty of watts) amp solution and stick with it.

9. AlexB73
    I just connected my Mojo to my huge Altec 604E speakers.
    It works!

10. RiseFall123
    Cool but I meant headphones, lol.

But, thinking, I'd like to try a couple of Klipsch Heresy III or something else very high effincency, and then iPhone>Roon endpoint>Mojo>Speakers.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  11. YtseJamer
    Yes! I really like the Atticus with Mojo. (More than with the R2R 11)

[​IMG]

12. Sheep1234
    Does someone know a way to attach the mojo to my desk so it won't fall off if I accidentallyI pull on the cable of my headphones?
    I already destroyed a mojo that way and I don't want it to happen again...

The Mojo should not be permanently attached to it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Syros likes this.
  13. Mython Contributor

It's a bit basic, but I suppose a big chunk of Blu-Tack might do what you need

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-Tack

Self-adhesive Velcro might also do the trick, but it's more difficult to remove from Mojo if you no longer want to use it.

https://hookandloop.com/products/peel-stick-hook-and-loop

Syros likes this.
  14. TimeSnow
    You could easily have a metal fabricator make a one off polished steel or aluminum frame. Like an ashtray but with the appropriate cut outs for the cables. Put some nonslip feet on it and you're sorted.

[​IMG]

15. miketlse
    Or glue a plastic tray to the table, and place the mojo in the tray.
    An alternative view on things, would be to get a longer headphone cable - long enough that you don't pull on the mojo.

TimeSnow likes this.