Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 21, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #35,207 of 42,758
Jan 21, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #35,208 of 42,758
Jan 22, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #35,209 of 42,758
I have a question about pairing a DAP with a DAC/AMP,
If the DAP has already a good dac/amp chips on it, what is the interest to plug a MOJO on it?
may be it is a odd question but i try to understand

The whole point of Mojo is that there are actually no good dac/amp chips available; they all, by comparison to Mojo, perform poorly both measurement and sound quality wise. No other non Chord DAC reconstructs transients as accurately as Mojo - and that's down to Mojo's processing power (500x more powerful) and the use of the WTA algorithm. Also, no other non Chord DAC (at any price) has Mojo's zero measured noise floor modulation (and this is the reason for Mojo's natural warmth and refinement). No other non Chord DAC has the analogue simplicity of a single high power discrete OP stage with only one amplifier in the signal path - and this single amp topology gives Mojo's transparency.

Rob

Jan 22, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #35,211 of 42,758
I’m sure this has been answered elsewhere in the thread, but I’m unable to find the answer.

I got my mojo last week, to use with my AK300 and LCD-X’s, and I absolutely love how it improves that pairing.

My problem is that it misses the first couple of seconds of each track, every single time. It’s bad enough that I’m considering returning it if there isn’t a solution

I can only find references to this problem when connecting from a computer. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to fix this.

I connect to mojo via optical cable

Thanks

Jan 22, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #35,212 of 42,758
I have never heard of this issue before whilst using optical. Plug out the optical cable, look at the red light from the optical cable. Does this light turn off in between tracks?

Jan 22, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #35,213 of 42,758
Hi guys,

I've come across an issue with windows 10 (fall update installed), and the Chord Mojo, which seems to cause Firefox v57 (the default version from their website) to stutter when watching youtube videos.

When Chord Mojo is selected as the default sound device (default settings selected in properties), videos will appear to be choppy and judder. When a different sound device is selected as default in windows, there are no stutters. This can be seen by switching back and forth.

Firefox has been reinstalled and tested in safe mode - still choppy. Chrome and Edge don't show this issue.

Has anybody else come across this?

Update : Switched to optical. No issues.
While playing youtube, don't open/play other audio software that uses WASAPI or ASIO.
Quit ASIO/WASAPI audio software, go to windows audio settings and select 16bit-88.2khz (or any other), then select 16bit-44.1khz, select yes if asked, after that, Mojo resets like it was re-plugged in. The only option to be used is 16bit-44.1khz.
On an older windows 8.1 installation, I had crackles like you if I play through foobar2000, then play youtube video. Now, if I play foobar2000 and then play youtube, foobar2000 continues to play, but no audio from youtube which is normal.
I use "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and unchecked "Give exclusive mode applications priority".

Jan 22, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #35,214 of 42,758
Hi Rob, thanks for the reply

Just checked this and the red light stays on constantly from being plugged into the AK, including during changing tracks. I connected Mojo to my 2017 MacBook Pro via usb, and playing from iTunes there is no problem at all.

My AK300 is running the latest firmware and my Mojo has a serial number which starts 0159...

I guess this may be an AK issue if the mojo works fine with other systems. Disappointing though, as I would still need to return it and it sounds so darn good.

Jan 22, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #35,215 of 42,758
I have a question about pairing a DAP with a DAC/AMP,
If the DAP has already a good dac/amp chips on it, what is the interest to plug a MOJO on it?
may be it is a odd question but i try to understand
Rob Watts has already answered about the mojo dac being far superior to the chip dacs used in daps. The mojo started life marketed as a mobile dac that would be connected to a mobile phone. Phones have the disadvantages that they used to have small SD cards, so small music libraries, plus generated RFI.
Daps had the advantage that they could use much larger SD cards, so hold a much larger music library. So people started using the DAP to store their music library, and then use the DAP digital output as the input to their mojo.
18 months down the road, we now have the chord poly available, which can also use a large SD card, so mojo owners will gradually migrate to using a poly instead of a DAP as their music transport.

Jan 22, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #35,216 of 42,758

Just checked this and the red light stays on constantly from being plugged into the AK, including during changing tracks. I connected Mojo to my 2017 MacBook Pro via usb, and playing from iTunes there is no problem at all.

My AK300 is running the latest firmware and my Mojo has a serial number which starts 0159...

I guess this may be an AK issue if the mojo works fine with other systems. Disappointing though, as I would still need to return it and it sounds so darn good.

You can manage without the AK300, unless you meant, no you can't have, why would you want to manage without your Mojo. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #35,217 of 42,758

Yes it sounds like an AK issue. Very strange...

Jan 22, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #35,218 of 42,758
A bright white light does not mean the battery is at full charge. It means the battery is charging. The amount of charge is only indicated when the Mojo is on and should be green, blue, yellow, red and flashing red in order from full to I'm going to shutdown cause I got no charge. Also, the amount of charge is indicated when the Mojo is on only. While charging, the white light will go out when the charge circuit stops charging because it is fully charged. A blinking white light indicates a fault with the charging circuit.

Blinking white light doesn't necessarily mean fault with charging circuit. I have never heard that before. As far as I know, blinking white light means charger is not providing enough current to charge and play. I think it also means that Mojo has been in charge and play mode for more that six hours, from low charge. After six hours, the charging is cut off, as it won't charge for more that six hours.

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #35,219 of 42,758
is there any harm in using a single ferrite on mojos power cord? its plugged in all the time. cheers mk

this is the first time i've experimented with ferrites. i understand they have little use with optical for obvious reasons and headphone cables. i just need confirmation adding a ferrite to mojos stock power cord is ok. about 7cm from mojos power connector. are ferrites meant to go on power cords like mojos and should i notice any difference in sq.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #35,220 of 42,758
Blinking white light doesn't necessarily mean fault with charging circuit. I have never heard that before. As far as I know, blinking white light means charger is not providing enough current to charge and play. I think it also means that Mojo has been in charge and play mode for more that six hours, from low charge. After six hours, the charging is cut off, as it won't charge for more that six hours.

Sorry. I was trying to say that the charging circuit had sensed a fault rather than imply that it had a fault. Crawling back under my rock without comment on your six hour comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back