1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. miketlse
    Let's try and eliminate the simplest root causes first:
    1 - is your battery near empty? Have you changed your charger recently?
    2 - are you trying to charge and listen to your mojo simultaneously, with your mojo in a case, and the ambient room temperature is high.

2. Boerd
    1. Battery is at full (bright white light)
    2. The room is not THAT hot - 18-21 C
    3. I tried with the Mojo both connected to the charger or disconnected. Same result.
    4. I tried with the Mojo both connected to the PC or not. It still shuts down.

I tried to debug myself - Mojo just shuts down.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  3. x RELIC x Contributor
    Did you have the Mojo plugged in 24/7 previously by chance?

4. Boerd
    Mostly overnight - to charge it. But - there were periods when for weeks maybe I left it plugin to charge (at the beginning) so - the answer is yes, sometimes / no not everyday. Last few months (2-3 months) I didn't have it plugged in the charger 24/7 - only during the night.

x RELIC x likes this.
  5. Boerd
    Haa! It started working again after unplugging it and restarting it like 6 times... Weird stuff. Even more weird - the battery is now at RED. Go figure. At least I can listen to my music!

6. Boerd
    Happy camper again. Sigh of relief!

7. rbalcom
    A bright white light does not mean the battery is at full charge. It means the battery is charging. The amount of charge is only indicated when the Mojo is on and should be green, blue, yellow, red and flashing red in order from full to I'm going to shutdown cause I got no charge. Also, the amount of charge is indicated when the Mojo is on only. While charging, the white light will go out when the charge circuit stops charging because it is fully charged. A blinking white light indicates that the charging circuit has detected a problem and stopped charging the Mojo.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Syros, Mython and Boerd like this.
  8. rbalcom
    Not for long. RED indicates the battery is 2% to 9% charged. Stop listening and plug it in until the white light goes out.

Boerd likes this.
  9. Boerd
    Doing exactly that.

10. harpo1
    You've had the mojo this long and don't know the white light doesn't indicate a full charge? The white light indicates it's charging. The light will go out when fully charged. When not plugged in a fully charged battery is indicated with a blue light. Well 80 to 100% is blue.

11. miketlse
    From the FAQ in post #3:
    rob watts said:

Q .... I am thinking the battery is not holding any charge.
    A Try charging overnight with the unit off. The charging circuit looks at the state of the battery before charging. If the battery has a very low voltage, it will trickle charge the battery until it gets to a safe voltage, and then full charge will commence. This trickle charge mode can take several hours, and it is done for safety reasons, and it will appear that the battery is not working as the trickle charge mode takes some time. When in this mode Mojo must be off.

There is also:
    'However the mojo battery charging circuitry can go into a protective mode, if the battery has been deeply discharged.
    The advice is normally to switch the mojo off, and let the battery very slow recharge.

Boerd and Mython like this.
  12. RiseFall123
    Did you try on another computer or changing the usb port on yours?

13. Redmetal1897
    I am using the Mojo hooked up to my laptop (Dell XPS 15) to stream music off of Google Play Music. Would anyone know how to access equalizer settings while doing this? Dell Audio gets disabled at this point

14. Trapok
    I have a question about pairing a DAP with a DAC/AMP,
    If the DAP has already a good dac/amp chips on it, what is the interest to plug a MOJO on it?
    may be it is a odd question but i try to understand

15. NaiveSound
    What is a decebt cable ( amazon/ebay) stuff.

Type C to micro Usb OTG