Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #34,696 of 42,765
Wilson is an audiophile so I can imagine those remastered high quality (and Close to the edge is already very good in original mixed, so it will be even greater).

Duft Punk makes every setup “to sing”, very complete mixings from bottom ends to highs.

The Mojo already won a stable place in the living room setup (roon/amp/speakers) and now I continuing testing for headphones (iphone/tidal), for now pro and cons with them.

I've been bopping between the HD600 and Th-X00 and it seems to be a great pairing. I did about 3 hours last night and every time something didn't sound right I'd pop on the other pair and it sounded great.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #34,698 of 42,765
BTW, is there any reason not to use this thing with really low impedance IEMs? I picked up some iBasso IT03's and I really hope it doesn't end up with a weird mismatch.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #34,699 of 42,765
I've been bopping between the HD600 and Th-X00 and it seems to be a great pairing. I did about 3 hours last night and every time something didn't sound right I'd pop on the other pair and it sounded great.

Senns pair REALLY well with the Mojo. 600/650/700/800/800S all.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #34,700 of 42,765
BTW, is there any reason not to use this thing with really low impedance IEMs? I picked up some iBasso IT03's and I really hope it doesn't end up with a weird mismatch.
It will be fine I am using the SE846 With mine And those are 9ohms And I have no problem whatsoever.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #34,701 of 42,765
Mojo started cutting out. If I move it, it disconnect from the USB. Both ports on my laptop, two different cables.

I have now had pretty much all of my equipment break, and I haven't even been abusive with it. It's just been sitting on a table or in my lap.

I am... extraordinarily upset. This is now a few thousand dollars of equipment that has all broken on me in a few months, without me doing anything to warrant it. Meanwhile, the laptops and other crap I've got that HAS actually fallen on the floor or had some coffee on it is going fine.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #34,703 of 42,765
After having owned two Mojos for two whole years, I can't believe I missed out on using optical. I naturally chose USB from PC, and part of that decision was my motherboard which has no optical.

However after starting to read the Hugo 2 thread, I re-read opinions about optical being better. That being due to noise on the USB power lines, and PCs being full of noise. Anyway I have singled out the Audioquest JitterBug on my to buy list. Probably order today or for sure in next three days.

I also bought an adapter for my PC which will give me an optical out. Only a cheap thing on ebay, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPDIF-Optical-and-RCA-Out-Plate-Cable-Bracket-for-ASUS-Gigabyte-MSI-Motherboard/182484182912?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

It takes optical from a header on the motherboard, and sends to rear of PC. However I am concerned about noise inside the PC again, and the device will use power rails from the motherboard header. This may interfere with the signal before it's converted to optical, before being sent to DAC. (I did buy a very good power supply though, and hopefully that will reduce noise.)

Another option is to buy a lower end quality sound card that has shielding and optical out. Getting kind of like a dog chasing its tail though, meaning looking for solution after solution.

However the results should be getting more sound quality from the Mojo. It makes me realise that I have not heard the Mojo at its best yet. Considering how it sounds already, that's quite something to think about. .................. Still sulking a bit though.However I decided long ago, that my next PC build will have a motherboard with optical. All should be well again in the universe then.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #34,704 of 42,765
Has anyone tried mojo on iPod Touch 6th Gen. running iOS 8.4.1?

Not tried, here the manual:
"In order to use USB audio you will require an Apple device running iOS6 or later and it needs the
lightning connector
rather than the old 30 pin connector.
You require the Apple camera connection kit which will enable a standard USB connection from the
lightning port. Use this cable with the short USB to micro USB cable to connect Mojo. All audio will
then play through Mojo."

Dec 10, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #34,705 of 42,765
After having owned two Mojos for two whole years, I can't believe I missed out on using optical. I naturally chose USB from PC, and part of that decision was my motherboard which has no optical.

However after starting to read the Hugo 2 thread, I re-read opinions about optical being better. That being due to noise on the USB power lines, and PCs being full of noise. Anyway I have singled out the Audioquest JitterBug on my to buy list. Probably order today or for sure in next three days.

I also bought an adapter for my PC which will give me an optical out. Only a cheap thing on ebay, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPDIF-Optical-and-RCA-Out-Plate-Cable-Bracket-for-ASUS-Gigabyte-MSI-Motherboard/182484182912?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

It takes optical from a header on the motherboard, and sends to rear of PC. However I am concerned about noise inside the PC again, and the device will use power rails from the motherboard header. This may interfere with the signal before it's converted to optical, before being sent to DAC. (I did buy a very good power supply though, and hopefully that will reduce noise.)

Another option is to buy a lower end quality sound card that has shielding and optical out. Getting kind of like a dog chasing its tail though, meaning looking for solution after solution.

However the results should be getting more sound quality from the Mojo. It makes me realise that I have not heard the Mojo at its best yet. Considering how it sounds already, that's quite something to think about. .................. Still sulking a bit though.However I decided long ago, that my next PC build will have a motherboard with optical. All should be well again in the universe then.

What about something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FEDHHKE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty cheap and doesn’t require power. Don’t know how the dac iin it is, but for converting to optical, might be just fine.

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #34,706 of 42,765

I think that @Music Alchemist has recommended an interface like this on one of the threads https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0023BYDHK
It avoids the need to plug devices into the motherboard.

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #34,707 of 42,765
What about something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FEDHHKE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty cheap and doesn’t require power. Don’t know how the dac iin it is, but for converting to optical, might be just fine.

I think that @Music Alchemist has recommended an interface like this on one of the threads https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0023BYDHK
It avoids the need to plug devices into the motherboard.

Thank you both very much for these. I never even new they existed. That's a quicker way than waiting for the unit that I have ordered on ebay to come from China. It doesn't matter if I end up with two options, as options are good, I run more than one PC.)

Also cheaper than buying something like a shielded PCI (-E) slot sound card from someone like ASUS. I think I might google for a while to find the least noisy option.

I have my happy face on now.

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #34,708 of 42,765
Does somebody here use Roon (for desktop) and Tidal (for mobile) like me?

Just to ask another opinion about the SQ with the Mojo of them.

Wonder if deserve to create another "Roon station" or continue to just use Tidal for mobile with the Mojo.

I could make an AB test myself, but now I am focused to make other AB test and don't want to confuse myself :)

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #34,709 of 42,765

I can recommend the Schiit Wyrd.

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #34,710 of 42,765
Does somebody here use Roon (for desktop) and Tidal (for mobile) like me?

Just to ask another opinion about the SQ with the Mojo of them.

Wonder if deserve to create another "Roon station" or continue to just use Tidal for mobile with the Mojo.

I could make an AB test myself, but now I am focused to make other AB test and don't want to confuse myself :)
Most of the Roon talk seems to be on the Poly thread, especially about using Poly as a Roon endpoint.
I think Roon also gets mentioned on the DAVE and Hugo 2 threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back