1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240
Next

Last
  1. Watagump

I don't have a Mojo and I don't use my phone to play music. I have tried it just to see how it sounds, its okay, nothing great. I have a Galaxy S4. Then we have the flip side, I heard the K10 earlier this year at a show out of someones phone. He uses Tidal or one of the streaming services, it sounded amazing with the song he had me listen to. Not sure which phone he had though.

2. lookingforIEMs

Apologies. I distinctly remember that it came out in 2014.

3. Lohb
    Is there any difference in SQ on the inputs - optical/coax/usb ?

Is this better used with a DAP vs a phone as there may be EMI sensitivity ?

4. mathi8vadhanan
    When you digital out, you're not using the DAP's DAC and AMP. 

5. fumoffuXx
    debatable, only true digi out that does not go through the dac in usb out

6. georgelai57
    So a DAP with USB OTG is theoretically "best"?

7. x RELIC x Contributor

Wrong. If the signal went through the DAC it would come out analogue and the Mojo would not accept it.

I pretty much heard no difference between digital inputs on the Mojo. The Mojo does show EMI interference, but mostly on 2G/Edge networks.

8. x RELIC x Contributor

Depending on the sampling rate or file format. Given the same file with a sampling rate that all inputs can handle there is really no difference in SQ.

9. fumoffuXx
    if Digital is truly 0 and 1, explain me hearing different Sound sign from different players

10. SearchOfSub

DACS more about lowering distortion and permanent hardwired EQ.

11. x RELIC x Contributor

Expectation bias? File decoding capability? SoC DSP? I didn't say that different players don't sound different. I said that I (me, and myself) don't really hear a difference from using different digital inputs on the Mojo. I can't speak for others. I do know that the digital signal sent from a smartphone or DAP does not go through the DAC. The DACs job is to convert to analogue. That's it. A digital output bypasses the DAC.

12. x RELIC x Contributor

DAC: Digital to Analogue Converter. How well it does this is a factor of the noise / distortion it outputs.

13. SearchOfSub
    Lower of distortion and altering frequency is part of EQ

14. musicheaven

I'll be damn, they do have it and they have the AK100 mk2 at 375$ too, that's a heck of a bargain.

Never tried the X3ii as I still have my trusted X5 I use daily so that guy would definitively work with the Mojo, I am sure the X3ii would too.

15. x RELIC x Contributor

DACs don't handle the EQ. That's either done in software on the SoC (silicone on a chip) or in the analogue stage through hardware.

First

Back
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240
Next

Last