Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 22, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #34,156 of 42,765
No it's not even at the pre ideas stage yet. Mojo's sound quality and musicality, at it's price point, I think is perfect, and you can't improve on perfection... What I mean by this, is that anything I can possibly do today to improve musicality or SQ would cost many more $$$ - and that would defeat the point of Mojo.

Mojo is the design I celebrate the most - getting state of the art measurements, sound quality, and musicality in a cost effective design is not easy...

I genuinely appreciate all you've done with it!

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #34,157 of 42,765
No it's not even at the pre ideas stage yet. Mojo's sound quality and musicality, at it's price point, I think is perfect, and you can't improve on perfection... What I mean by this, is that anything I can possibly do today to improve musicality or SQ would cost many more $$$ - and that would defeat the point of Mojo.

Mojo is the design I celebrate the most - getting state of the art measurements, sound quality, and musicality in a cost effective design is not easy...

You know what y'all could do?

Fix the damn interference it gets from cell phones.

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #34,160 of 42,765
Dairy entry: 27

Dear head-fi: Day 1 of full discharge and charge.

1) Bleed successful i hope, I bleed it to the point where it wouldn't turn on after 20-30 power presses.

2) Full charge

3) Used it for a few hours, unplugged and checked battery Blue, then white plugged-in led.

4) Left it on, I slept and checked on it, after I woke. still blue.

5) 3-4 hours of use unplugged. Blue

i'll unplug it daily or every few hours, and will try and turn it off as often as possible when im not using it to give it rest bite.

Now I prey.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #34,161 of 42,765
Mojo power button lights up red when I connect via otg to a smartphone/pc. But after a few minutes (while no music ever plays) the power button shuts off(no color) but volume buttons are still on. Cannot play any music....

Once I hooked up a bad otg cable to it ever since it doesn't start any music with good working otg cables.... I'm desperate as it was my sole dac/amp. Music is lifeless... It's pathetic how dependent I have become to mojo
Have yo
The Chord team and brand are just amazing, the quality of people match The quality of their products.
Did you manage to get your mojo back in action? Any idea what the issue was?

Just curious :)

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #34,162 of 42,765
Sorry for my very directly question:

iPhone 6>Tidal>CCK cable>Mojo>original 6.5-3.5 adapter cable>HD650

There's something better in the same price class? I don't need something portable, I need only to have a secondary gear for listening my HD650.

What I like more in the Mojo is that support Apple and it has DAC and AMP together so less issues for me.

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #34,165 of 42,765
I was taking a look through the FAQ, but couldn't see anywhere that mentioned the Mojo no longer works with iOS 11. Did I miss something, or does the FAQ need to be updated?

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #34,166 of 42,765
Sorry for my very directly question:

iPhone 6>Tidal>CCK cable>Mojo>original 6.5-3.5 adapter cable>HD650

There's something better in the same price class? I don't need something portable, I need only to have a secondary gear for listening my HD650.

What I like more in the Mojo is that support Apple and it has DAC and AMP together so less issues for me.

I used them both together they sound really nice, HD660S + Mojo is likely to be an even better pair.

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #34,167 of 42,765

I’ve been happy with my 18 month old Mojo and have had no battery issues even though I took Rob’s advice by leaving it plugged in all the time. I was hoping that a better Mojo would be coming in 2018, perhaps a special edition model priced higher than the current model that incorporated similar DAC technology used in the Hugo 2.

I wonder if it makes sense business wise to come out with, let’s say, a $999 SE version. I, for one, would buy one, but maybe I’m in the minority. Rob’s post suggests that it would cost a lot of money to improve the Mojo ... does a $400 increase (from the original retail price) allow for such technology while maintaining the current model’s profit margin?

I think the current Mojo at $529 new (which appears to be the going price in the U.S. from what I’ve seen) fits a market niche, so keeping the current model in the lineup makes total sense. But with so many Mojo owners out there, I can’t help think there’s a market for an upgraded version. Perhaps Chord would be concerned with canabalizing Hugo 2 sales, or those upgrading to an SE version selling off their original Mojos thereby flooding the market with used ones, and thus impacting new Mojo sales.

Am I in the minority? How many others would buy a more expensive model if it promised similar DAC performance as the Hugo 2?

Pardon my rambling on this topic, but this has been on my mind ...

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #34,168 of 42,765
Oct 23, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #34,169 of 42,765
Am I in the minority? How many others would buy a more expensive model if it promised similar DAC performance as the Hugo 2?

How many would buy a Hugo 2 if a slightly more expensive Mojo offered similar DAC performance? Nobody. Chord will not compete with themselves. Expect an updated Mojo when hugo2 has become obsolete.

Oct 23, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #34,170 of 42,765
I’ve been happy with my 18 month old Mojo and have had no battery issues even though I took Rob’s advice by leaving it plugged in all the time. I was hoping that a better Mojo would be coming in 2018, perhaps a special edition model priced higher than the current model that incorporated similar DAC technology used in the Hugo 2.

I wonder if it makes sense business wise to come out with, let’s say, a $999 SE version. I, for one, would buy one, but maybe I’m in the minority. Rob’s post suggests that it would cost a lot of money to improve the Mojo ... does a $400 increase (from the original retail price) allow for such technology while maintaining the current model’s profit margin?

I think the current Mojo at $529 new (which appears to be the going price in the U.S. from what I’ve seen) fits a market niche, so keeping the current model in the lineup makes total sense. But with so many Mojo owners out there, I can’t help think there’s a market for an upgraded version. Perhaps Chord would be concerned with canabalizing Hugo 2 sales, or those upgrading to an SE version selling off their original Mojos thereby flooding the market with used ones, and thus impacting new Mojo sales.

Considering the price drop for Hugo 1 since H2 came out, you could think of that as an upgrade for Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back