Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 31, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #3,347 of 42,765
Why? Have you listened to Fiio X5 or iBasso DX90? Both sound great to me feeding Mojo (and Hugo). What do you not like?

It was a but a offhand remark that's all on the resurgence of interest in second hand AK100/120/Titan 

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #3,348 of 42,765
Lifatec cables are great but extremely fragile. 

Thanks for the input. Would you think they'd be usable if treated gently in a "transportable" mode? (No obligations)

Sure but I had a friend who used to own one but it got dropped once and ever since it never supported 24/192 bitstream.

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #3,349 of 42,765
Looking at the pic, I hope that the new extensions will be more refined and in harmony with the Mojo but got to say it's giving it more legs, just wondering how much.

They'll almost certainly have the exact same finish as the mojo and given chords skill at industrial design i bet they'll find a way to make them look almost seamless when together.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #3,350 of 42,765
  They'll almost certainly have the exact same finish as the mojo and given chords skill at industrial design i bet they'll find a way to make them look almost seamless when together.

To be fair I believe Chord still has a bit of work to do when it comes to Industrial design. Industrial design isn't all about aesthetic, it is also about ease of use. To me mojo current design makes it less pocket friendly merely because while it is feasible to have at one end the digital connection and at the other end the headphone jack but it is impractical and uncomfortable to do so on the go (as in using it while walking around the city)

I use mojo as a mini desktop when i go to cafe or out in the beach, in that sense it is no problem and infact very easy to use however I have till now not successfully found a way to use mojo on the go in my pocket coat while using any of my sources. At start I thought I shouldn't have a problem but I really cannot find an easy way to do that.

I think Hugo had it for optical and coaxial users.

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #3,352 of 42,765
I love Mojo!

DJz0f57.jpg

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #3,353 of 42,765
So guys, my modded iBasso DX50 (4400 mAh battery + 256 SD card + latest rockbox) paired with MoJo, awesome combo.

On the other side a 2nd (same modded) iBasso DX50, but paired with iFi micro iDSD.

If you ask which one is better? Sorry no real answer, I still prefer the iDSD for my full size cans, so choice number one, but with my CIEMs the MoJo is a different performance level, hard to describe, so damn clean output, with zero hiss and zero balance problems ( i.e. of iDSD the analog volume level has channel imbalance under 9 o'clock and the IEMatch I don't like).

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #3,354 of 42,765
Further it has the best user interface and the fastest most efficient processor (Apple's A8) in the DAP world. Only the iPhone 6 (slightly) and 6s is faster. I would love to see the Geek Bench test of any AK processor.
I personally find the ARM2 to have the best UI of any music app, just a shame there is no digital out :frowning2:

Other than that, why does it matter that the A8 is so powerful? Yes, the AK CPU is a dog, but I'm listening to music, not playing Infinity Blade 3, or using it at NASA to control a space shuttle launch...

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #3,355 of 42,765
I personally find the ARM2 to have the best UI of any music app, just a shame there is no digital out :frowning2:

Other than that, why does it matter that the A8 is so powerful? Yes, the AK CPU is a dog, but I'm listening to music, not playing Infinity Blade 3, or using it at NASA to control a space shuttle launch...

Since most, if not all, of us are using our DAPs simply as digital storage devices to feed the Mojo, I would imagine the only real differences would be found the computer architecture and implementation.

However, having only doctorates in law and history not engineering or computer science maybe an expert can chime in to gainsay me.

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #3,356 of 42,765

That's an add-on....... :wink:

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #3,358 of 42,765
So guys, my modded iBasso DX50 (4400 mAh battery + 256 SD card + latest rockbox) paired with MoJo, awesome combo.

On the other side a 2nd (same modded) iBasso DX50, but paired with iFi micro iDSD.

If you ask which one is better? Sorry no real answer, I still prefer the iDSD for my full size cans, so choice number one, but with my CIEMs the MoJo is a different performance level, hard to describe, so damn clean output, with zero hiss and zero balance problems ( i.e. of iDSD the analog volume level has channel imbalance under 9 o'clock and the IEMatch I don't like).
Looks cool but it also can be Transported from here to there.

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #3,359 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back