Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 31, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #3,256 of 42,765
Thanks everyone, nice to know the buttons are easy to operate but how do you feel about their sturdiness? Would daily on/off and volume control operations would stand up to long term use? I understand you can't necessarily make that assessment without simulating advanced aging operations but I just want to get your feel as for the tactile operation and their feel. The reason I ask is those are unusual buttons, nothing like the true and tried mechanical buttons. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Don't worry about it, I've been playing with the buttons trying to find any weakness. This from experiences with many DAPs and portable amps I tried before. It's sturdy enough yet very responsive. I never notice any misfires. The balls actually rotate but they don't feel like they will come off.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #3,257 of 42,765
I haven't heard Questyle yet or Cowon, but whilst Ak was good my Sony was far better and the phone doesn't compare so not sure if to trust this, sorry guys..just my ears here:ear::ear:

Yes best to trust your ears - that's what I do and why I sold my Cowon P1 very cheap 2 days ago

You know I was referring to transport to MoJo only - so I stand by my comment that iPhone/Android mobile phone is still a great transport for MoJo

Still like the Questyle on its own - so keeping that one, for now...

Anyway back to the MoJo - if you don't have one yet - what are you waiting for

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #3,258 of 42,765
Those tactile dome switches are good for at least 10,000,000 presses

:D

Don't worry about it, I've been playing with the buttons trying to find any weakness. This from experiences with many DAPs and portable amps I tried before. It's sturdy enough yet very responsive. I never notice any misfires. The balls actually rotate but they don't feel like they will come off.

Great now I need to find a way to hide it in a bag so no thief to be will be tempted to grab and run, that unit is sure visible from far way when those rainbow like dome buttons light up. :atsmile:

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #3,259 of 42,765
biggrin.gif

Great now I need to find a way to hide it in a bag so no thief to be will be tempted to grab and run, that unit is sure visible from far way when those rainbow like dome buttons light up.
atsmile.gif

Great, we're back to stack.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #3,261 of 42,765
Thanks everyone, nice to know the buttons are easy to operate but how do you feel about their sturdiness? Would daily on/off and volume control operations would stand up to long term use? I understand you can't necessarily make that assessment without simulating advanced aging operations but I just want to get your feel as for the tactile operation and their feel. The reason I ask is those are unusual buttons, nothing like the true and tried mechanical buttons. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

The feedback from the buttons is fine. I also agree with headwhacker's point about iPhone use, it is cumbersome if the units are stacked, largely due to the clunkiness of the CCK and the USB cable that Chord provide. I'm looking forward as to how the expected add-on module from Chord helps.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #3,263 of 42,765
Yes best to trust your ears - that's what I do and why I sold my Cowon P1 very cheap 2 days ago

You know I was referring to transport to MoJo only - so I stand by my comment that Phone is still a great transport for MoJo

So you attach the Mojo onto a phone ? Seems when you pick up phone you will have to hold a heavy object onto your head.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #3,265 of 42,765

You know I was referring to transport to MoJo only - so I stand by my comment that Phone is still a great transport for MoJo

We are waiting (for several weeks since ordering) for ours to ship. I am beginning to believe that the Mojo is actually a UK prank on us yanks and that you are having a proper laugh About it as they don't really exist. -insert appropriate emoji here-

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #3,266 of 42,765
We are waiting (for several weeks since ordering) for ours to ship. I am beginning to believe that the Mojo is actually a UK prank on us yanks and that you are having a proper laugh About it as they don't really exist. -insert appropriate emoji here-

If it's a prank, it's the best one ever. Imagine making demo units and let people listen how good it is only to find out it really don't exist. Not to mention JF going around and showing those prank Mojo units himself.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #3,268 of 42,765

We can have an agreement - when you guys ship us 'Geek Wave' we ship you MoJo - hehe
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #3,269 of 42,765
Hi-Fi World review - http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/index.php/cd-dvd-blu-ray/62/776.html

From the report:
"Under test, the optical input worked to 192kHz from our spectrum analyser, only occasionally becoming intermittent, but 192kHz music files did not play at all from my Astell&Kern AK120 over Chord's own short optical cable. This behaviour is common via optical S/PDIF because the cables and TOSLINK connectors cannot reliably support the data rate 192k imposes."

​I don't know where they get their information. I have zero problem with optical handling the 192 signal with no drop out and the 1300 fiber cable I use has the bandwidth to easily handle and transmit this signal. I use the toslink and mini connectors. They have some false data here. 

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #3,270 of 42,765
  Anyone know what this port could be for ?

I don't know much about electronics but looks like a pin set port to plug something into - apologies if I'm way off

I suspect it is for diagnostics purposes (and perhaps also for writing to the FPGA), but I'm only guessing.

You could try removing your car stereo head unit, and plugging the ribbon cable into the Mojo socket you've photographed, to see what happens!
biggrin.gif

My guess is you'll get deafening... silence...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back