Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #31,726 of 42,758
  thanks for your reply, but that's not an option, I prefer spotify (also due to half the costs :wink:

so there is no option to output not-upsampled signal from android? 

In the grand scheme of things, considering how much things like hifi equipment and physical media cost. then Tidal is a gift. All I know is that spotify is lossy and compatible with cheap audio equipment or simply straight out of a phone or computer. 

How can you afford a mojo and what I assume are decent headphones if you can not afford Tidal? 

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #31,727 of 42,758
  thanks for your reply, but that's not an option, I prefer spotify (also due to half the costs :wink:

so there is no option to output not-upsampled signal from android? 

There is, if you go back to an Android 4.4.4 device.  The audio upsampling changes are apparently part of Android 5 and newer.

A few pages back, one poster recommended the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, as a model with Android 4.4.4, and able to accept a 256GB MicroSD card.
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sony-Xperia-Z3-Compact_id8744

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #31,729 of 42,758
How are we validating the upsampling? If I use Onkyo HF Player, the Mojo shows the bitrate of the files that I'm passing along. Is that still upsampling at that point? I guess I'm just confused.

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #31,730 of 42,758
  How are we validating the upsampling? If I use Onkyo HF Player, the Mojo shows the bitrate of the files that I'm passing along. Is that still upsampling at that point? I guess I'm just confused.

What device are you running the Onkyo HF Player on?
It may be working similarly to UAPP, and bypassing the Android audio drivers, when outputting data via USB.

Apr 12, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #31,731 of 42,758
Yes
What device are you running the Onkyo HF Player on?
It may be working similarly to UAPP, and bypassing the Android audio drivers, when outputting data via USB.

Yes, HF Player uses it's own USB driver. I'm using LG V20 and have used Xperia Z3v with no problems.

Onkyo's USB driver use is aggressive. So, if you want to stream "after" listening to Onkyo... you will have to turn the application off, and disconnect and reconnect the Mojo and then you can use Tidal or other streaming service, but you will be back to upsampling due to the OS.

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #31,733 of 42,758
This thing with the IOS update disabling third party connectors. Isn't that a deliberate aim of Apple? Keeping their system closed. So why would a future update enable them again? Unless they realise that they have compromised their CCK of course...

No that is not the intent - when companies want to do that, nothing then works in that mode. With IOS 10.3.1 most products work, and some do not; if it was a deliberate aim of Apple, none would work at all. 

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #31,735 of 42,758
Apple CCK discussions... Have seen a number in the thread over the last couple of weeks as Apple has updated iOS. I am running both a iPhone 6S and an iPad Pro on iOS 10.3.2 Public beta 2. I have a couple of CCKs both version A1440 and they each work fine on both devices with the Chord Extended Adapter. So not really sure what the issues are with some.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #31,736 of 42,758
Hello guys New to the Chord Scene and Just got a new Mojo, Can any of you help me figure out why I keep getting BSOD on windows 10. My mojo works 100% fine with LG v20. Im just not sure why its not wanting to work. ive done everything I could think of.

Tried on difference PC's Different Drivers. Clean install of drivers and clean wipe. nothing seems to work. I mainly use USB on all my devices. 
 for some reason the chord when it is plugged in seems to lock all my sound settings and doesnt work with any sound. nor does foobar work

any help is greatly appreciated.. I would like to use this on my desktop 

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #31,737 of 42,758
Hello guys New to the Chord Scene and Just got a new Mojo, Can any of you help me figure out why I keep getting BSOD on windows 10. My mojo works 100% fine with LG v20. Im just not sure why its not wanting to work. ive done everything I could think of.

Tried on difference PC's Different Drivers. Clean install of drivers and clean wipe. nothing seems to work. I mainly use USB on all my devices. 

for some reason the chord when it is plugged in seems to lock all my sound settings and doesnt work with any sound. nor does foobar work

any help is greatly appreciated.. I would like to use this on my desktop 

hmm that's quite weird, first time see a pc not working with mojo. there are 2 version of Windows driver, which one did you use?

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #31,739 of 42,758
Hello, I am a bit of a newbie here, and I don't have the time to sort through 30,000 posts, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I currently have the Schiit Jotenheim with the Balanced DAC module, and I was wondering, since the chord mojo and the Schiit Jotenheim are similarly priced, how do they compare to each other?

Sorry if this is completely irrelevant, ex. Portable vs desktop? I would still like to know how they compare, maybe I could have my portable solution also be my desktop solution

EDIT: I have the LCD 2, and I am planning on Upgrade to the LCD X or Ether Flow

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #31,740 of 42,758
The following is not exactly an answer to your question, but might be a relevant data point.

I used to use Modi Multibit + an amp as my desktop system and wasn't getting full use out of my Mojo since I'm deskbound so much of the time.  Eventually I started plugging my Mojo into the amp and stopped using the MM altogether; to me Mojo was enough of a sonic upgrade over the MM to be worth the very modest hassle of unplugging/replugging the Mojo before/after portable use.  But I still use the amp at my desk despite Mojo being perfectly able to drive my headphones superbly on its own, simply because at my desk I really prefer the convenience of a volume knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back