Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 4, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #30,031 of 42,759
Don't hold your breath ... maybe the best we can hope for in order to achieve full MQA is a backpack to attach to the Mojo (I am shamelessly repeating another member's idea) - kind of like the Poly.  

As far as I am concerned such a unit could even be made be a 3rd party as the MQA concept comes in (at least) three parts; decoder, renderer, and complete unit - there's no need to offer the full package.  Maybe the first 2 could be combined in a little unit to put on your USB port, like the Audioquest Jitterbug, by some enterprising outfit.  Or what if Meridian would offer the Explorer2 with digital out... or would that be apostasy?

A Chord rep has told me as well that there are no firmware upgrades for any purpose.  He said their units are designed & built as best they know how at the time, as newer designs/components become available, that would be a new product launch.

It'll come with a new pricing strategy. The cost will be the GDP of a randomly selected developing country.

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #30,033 of 42,759
It'll come with a new pricing strategy. The cost will be the GDP of a randomly selected developing country.

Ha-ha-ha, that's funny what you opined about the exchange rate although honestly I doubt that is something controlled at HQ.  Having said that, it's probably no surprise to members that Chord tightly controls their UK dealers to prevent export sales priced in Pound Sterling, I think it would be hard to find an online UK based seller who will export, and if you pick up one of these little cuties while visiting GB you'll have to pay the 20% VAT (well, maybe you can get part of that back at Heathrow if you play your cards right).

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #30,034 of 42,759
I am starting to have a problem with my Mojo. On four occasions the Mojo has output pure static liud noise instead of music. Very loud, pure discomfort. This happens while playing a track and not when switching tracks. A few times first the sound out get very, very low, almost quiet and after that pure static white noise.

First I thought it was my software player playing a part in this, but it has happened with different software unfortunately, so now I believe my Mojo is to blame. 

What can be going on? Anyone else heard about this issue?

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #30,035 of 42,759
  I am starting to have a problem with my Mojo. On four occasions the Mojo has output pure static liud noise instead of music. Very loud, pure discomfort. This happens while playing a track and not when switching tracks. A few times first the sound out get very, very low, almost quiet and after that pure static white noise.

First I thought it was my software player playing a part in this, but it has happened with different software unfortunately, so now I believe my Mojo is to blame. 

Have you contacted Chord? 

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #30,036 of 42,759
Nope, not yet. First I want to see if anyone else here has experienced it. Don't worry though, I will contact either my store or Chord eventually.

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #30,037 of 42,759

into 2018 (ces show?) I predict a new mojo....that will still work with the current accessories.

Yeah, but next year Cable (GBP/USD) might be completely different again ...

Have you contacted Chord? 

Yes, it happened to me also a couple of times,very unpleasant!  In my case, though, it was not the Mojo at fault but rather the PC acting badly (it had accidentally swallowed some bad driver updates from Microsoft) 

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #30,039 of 42,759
Hi.. Im using axon 7 with mojo. I currently have dsd256 file and using uapp. When i use Dsd to pcm conversion on dsd mode. The mojo show blue color.
After i change it to dop mode. It turn to white but the sound was pausing every few second. Whats going on? Is there any fix?

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #30,040 of 42,759

haha. Now I'm thinking of a scene from a TV series in which someone makes a bet that is higher than the GDP of any country. (Because in this series, apparently a handful of people are that rich.)

Ha-ha-ha, that's funny what you opined about the exchange rate although honestly I doubt that is something controlled at HQ.  Having said that, it's probably no surprise to members that Chord tightly controls their UK dealers to prevent export sales priced in Pound Sterling, I think it would be hard to find an online UK based seller who will export, and if you pick up one of these little cuties while visiting GB you'll have to pay the 20% VAT (well, maybe you can get part of that back at Heathrow if you play your cards right).

I'm glad the Hugo 2 is priced the same in the UK and US, unlike the DAVE.

Like I mentioned in a recent post, some UK dealers let US customers buy online, then pick it up from the UK without paying VAT. Import tax to the US still applies, but it's not high at all.

I encountered alien noise a few times with DSD, but that's it. Never happens for me with PCM.

Hi.. Im using axon 7 with mojo. I currently have dsd256 file and using uapp. When i use Dsd to pcm conversion on dsd mode. The mojo show blue color.
After i change it to dop mode. It turn to white but the sound was pausing every few second. Whats going on? Is there any fix?

That's stuttering, when the music frequently stops and starts. I can only tell you how to fix it on a computer: store the files in virtual RAM drives.

Feb 4, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #30,043 of 42,759
Thanks for taking an interest in the subject haha. 

Unfortunately, head-fi is not giving me a permission to provide a link or upload a image. 
(Is it because I've just join the Head-fi? Perhaps? idk...)

I would appreciate if you would upload the image of the new pcb on my behalf. 

Google 'Chord mojo pcb' -> It's the second image you see under image category. 

http://www.my-ear.com.tw/audiophile-soul-chord-mojo/

Users who are viewing this thread

• xtr4
Back