1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. qrtas

I also agree that the mojo don't hit very hard. I have a $1,500 US dollars Hifiman 901s and it hits much harder that the mojo. I don't think it is because the DACs are cheap or expensive it is probably just the sound signature of each DAC. 

2. Music Alchemist

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that impact and price are proportional; just that every cheaper DAC I've heard hits harder.

qrtas likes this.
  3. musickid
    great feedback. i know what im doing now. 

many thanks.

4. miketlse

I tried with the mojo, plus Beyer T51i and Beyer T8ie headphones, and agree that the drums don't hit hard. The mojo does a better job of drums on other albums, so I wonder if it is something in the way that these drums have been recorded (are they electronic or acoustic drums?) or miked. 

5. Music Alchemist

No, I selected this track because the drums hit crazy hard (feels like two or three times harder) with cheaper DAC/amps like the Creative Sound Blaster E1. At least when paired with the KTXPRO1. (Plus I happen to adore this song.) It's not the best test track, of course.

6. Likeimthere
    Does anyone know if there is a Mojo trial program available in the US?  I want to compare my Ak120ii with and without a Mojo to see if I want to make an ownership jump on the Mojo.  I run Tidal off of my Ak120ii and from what everyone has been saying, the Mojo takes listening to another level. . . just want to test it out for myself.

If not maybe I'll just buy one and if I don't like it return it. . . 

[​IMG]

7. maxh22
    Amazon has a very good return policy if you buy a prime marked item. You can basically audition it for a maximum of 30 days.

8. Music Alchemist

Closest thing I know of to that is this:

https://www.thecableco.com/product/new-headphone-lending-library

You can borrow it for a small fee that is put toward any future purchases from them.

9. Deftone

It could be that your just hearing the impact as it really is, a truthful reproduction. If it's not it is strange to hear that a DAC as expensive as mojo couldn't reproduce impact properly.

10. Music Alchemist

I've heard about the more expensive Chord DACs having much stronger impact than the Mojo.

11. jmills8
    Mojo great Dac. Just add a very good amp and magic.

12. Music Alchemist

I'm with @JaZZ on this one: I don't want to add an external amp. He has gone into great detail explaining why driving headphones directly from the DAC is the superior method.

Deftone and jmills8 like this.
  13. Arnav Agharwal
    Even with Prime, it depends on the seller; Amazon policy lists re-stocking fee for laptops and such at 20%, but sellers need to be explicit to levy it on other items. The first seller I purchased the Mojo from had put a sticker on the box, putting a 20% re-stocking fee on an opened box, so I promptly returned it. Then I bought it from another, who happened to have no such condition listed. Best to contact the seller before, if possible, or after placing the order, just to be sure.

maxh22 likes this.
  14. Rob Watts
    I played the track back on a M scaler and Dave. This combination is capable of immense speed and impact if the recording allows; but the Absolute Configuration track just sounds soft and lacks impact; it sounds typical of a heavily compressed and over produced MP3 or AAC file. Compression degrades transient timing, which makes it sound soft. So it's the recording, not Mojo.

Rob

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    onsionsi likes this.
  15. hung031086
    I just ordered a mojo for my laptop. How do you know it's new or old model ?