1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. miketlse

I was thinking in terms of pictures like http://www.head-fi.org/t/831345/lightbox/post/13152698/id/1789468

I presumed that the letters were printed, but you reckon they are just machined.
    Do you always listen to music in bright light? How about late in the evening, with the lights dimmed? Reading those letters will get even harder as one gets older.

2. Music Alchemist

Even in that photo you can see that the logo letters are precision cut out of the metal, not printed. Look up more photos on Google Images (of both the Hugo and Hugo 2) and you can see that more clearly.

I meant why do you need to read the letters in the first place?

I keep the lights on nearly all the time because where my computer is in the room, it would be bad for my eyes if I didn't.

Edit: Oh wait. You meant the letters for the balls. Those appear to be anodized. It only takes a few seconds to memorize which ball corresponds to which function.

3. Mojo ideas
    Yes I agree however Rob is this time using all the resources possible nigh on every logic gate is now active with the current Xilinx FPGA this has boosted the current requirements to about twice the original Hugo's FPGA however by the time of production we will have the new higher power batteries that will more than compensate for this. So all should be happy with the playing times.

4. miketlse
    I had to take a second look at that photo - 'precision cut', they must be using a laser. [​IMG]

You obviously have a better memory than me for remembering which button is which, and which socket is which, on your hifi gear.

5. musickid
    What about galvanic isolation. does the hugo or mojo benefit from an intona industrial. it has been said on the forums that  the mojo does greatly. also many thanks to all here the feedback is great. finally is there a truly noticeable difference between the hugo dac and the mojo dac sound as standalone and also into a a quality tube amp.

6. maxh22

1. Yes the Intona benefits both Mojo and Hugo.

2. Hugo and Mojo have different sound signitures. Hugo sounds a bit faster, more dynamic, shows more micro detail,wider soundstage, etc. it is the more realistic one.

Mojo sounds almost as good as Hugo in many respects but has a more intimate sound stage and a thicker sound signiture. Mojo was tuned to be 'Smooth' so since you are pairing it with a tube amp the Hugo should make a better pairing.

7. MartynB85

I went with the Elears, haven't once thought about even looking at the EQ. I also love good bass, must be fast, deep, accurate and can go low. These do all of that imo, you can hear all of the bass but it doesn't overpower anything else. The detail in the bass is very good also.

Music Alchemist likes this.
  8. GreenBow
    Fingers crossed. Good luck with it then.

9. canali

digital streamers: a growing area, but still confusing to many.

heck only a few yrs ago we were told a good DAC is all we needed (and good cans/iems)

to truly enjoy digital USB audio...not any more I guess.

Classy! Sonore’s microRendu takes digital audio higher

by [​IMG]John H. Darko

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/01/classy-sonores-microrendu-takes-digital-audio-higher/

10. NaiveSound
    Anyone hot their hands on Poly to review and tell us how it plays with mojo

11. GRUMPYOLDGUY

Did they launch it yet?

12. Peter Hyatt

Yes.

Jude does and we are waiting on his video.

13. NaiveSound
    But we have been waiting weeks on that video... Chord didn't make a video?

14. Music Alchemist

15. NaiveSound

OK well thanks, i guess I'm more exited about Jude video