Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 23, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #29,582 of 42,759
This is just not a good road to go down. Trust me, I know first hand.

Hey Grumpy

can you elaborate this a little further?
What first hand experience are you talking about? Remote controle of the UI via phone to play files stored on the SD card of a device usb connected to Mojo? Sounds pretty nice to me.
One potential danger/problem I see would be the volume controle of Mojo via the software...

Or do you only see problems in case of streaming?

Cheers

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #29,583 of 42,759
the sonore micro rendu...anyone using one with their Mojo for at home listening/desktop setup?

i just became interested after reading Dar's review (below) of the new Kef LS50 wls,
(his 2016 product of the yr) in which he also mentions the micro rendu.
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/12/kef-ls50-wireless-review-dars-product-of-the-year-2016/?replytocom=140466#respond

i'm a visual guy when it comes to new (and esp tech related) stuff, so this
guy's youtube is quite insightful in which he has it paired with his Hugo
(has them for Roon, etc....Darko in his email to me seems to respect him, too)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XRi9utNBl4&ab_channel=TheHansBeekhuyzenChannel

then it seems you should buy some sort of  line conditioner, too.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #29,584 of 42,759
Hey Grumpy

can you elaborate this a little further?
What first hand experience are you talking about? Remote controle of the UI via phone to play files stored on the SD card of a device usb connected to Mojo? Sounds pretty nice to me.
One potential danger/problem I see would be the volume controle of Mojo via the software...

Or do you only see problems in case of streaming?

Cheers

I was refering to going down the road of discussing perceived shortcomings of the Poly...

I'm not taking the bait here... it'll just lead to flagged posts and pissing off the mods. There is a reason I left the other thread.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #29,585 of 42,759
wasn't my intention to hook you...
That's why I asked if you where referring to streaming, which has been widely discussed, allredy :wink:

I simply misinterpreted your post.
I thought you meant the headless controle approach as 'not a good road'
and was just curious.

Anyway now I get what you meant

Cheers

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #29,586 of 42,759
I was refering to going down the road of discussing perceived shortcomings of the Poly...

I'm not taking the bait here... it'll just lead to flagged posts and pissing off the mods. There is a reason I left the other thread.

Good call Bro, never take the bait particularly when you do not own it 
blink.gif
 as it could have ended a bit like this. 
biggrin.gif

When is Mython due back from his fishing trip? 

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #29,588 of 42,759
the sonore micro rendu...anyone using one with their Mojo for at home listening/desktop setup?

i just became interested after reading Dar's review (below) of the new Kef LS50 wls,
(his 2016 product of the yr) in which he also mentions the micro rendu.
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/12/kef-ls50-wireless-review-dars-product-of-the-year-2016/?replytocom=140466#respond

i'm a visual guy when it comes to new (and esp tech related) stuff, so this
guy's youtube is quite insightful in which he has it paired with his Hugo
(has them for Roon, etc....Darko in his email to me seems to respect him, too)

then it seems you should buy some sort of  line conditioner, too.

Check out the SOtM sMS 200, it's better than the mRendu in some ways, and it's cheaper also.

I've had the mR before but I use a Hugo TT, so I can't comment on the Mojo... so I could only recommend. :D

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #29,589 of 42,759
are you calling me fat?

It maybe best to let your other half answer that question. 
tongue.gif

I think whoever designed the bench was a HF dude who must have had his mind on his next gear purchase. 

p.s. for portable use I reckon there is no/little benefit for going galvanically isolated as your player/DAP is running off battery power (I have never encountered any associated harshness)

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #29,590 of 42,759
how did we get to galvanic isolation?
was it anything I said?

Anyway I aggree that for battery powered devices galvanic isolation will likely be less important.
Still I remember Rob mentioning that galvanic isolation was not implemented in Mojo/Hugo because it would use extra power, he didn't say that it would be a moot point for battery powered devices.

How did we get here? :p

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #29,591 of 42,759
how did we get to galvanic isolation?
was it anything I said?

Anyway I aggree that for battery powered devices galvanic isolation will likely be less important.
Still I remember Rob mentioning that galvanic isolation was not implemented in Mojo/Hugo because it would use extra power, he didn't say that it would be a moot point for battery powered devices.

How did we get here?
tongue.gif

I am always here in cyberspace - where are you? 
blink.gif

(brother Canali mentioned it a few posts back)

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #29,592 of 42,759
I am always here in cyberspace - where are you? :blink:

(brother Canali mentioned it a few posts back)

Guess I didn't make the transfer from 'some sort of line conditioner' to galvanic isolation and thought you were referring to me mentioning it...

I am also here, but maybe I am a bit slow today :D

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #29,593 of 42,759
Can anyone recommend a few solid IEMs that can be adequately driven by the Mojo's amp? I am looking into upgrading my "portable" rig -- I currently have an iPod Classic going into a AlgoRhythm Solo to the ALO Rx Mk3-B, but I find myself unwilling to lug this brick around with me during my commute. I am thinking about pairing the Mojo with the original (?) AK 100 (the smaller one), but if the Mojo's amp isn't up to snuff then I may rethink my approach. Thanks!

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #29,594 of 42,759
The amp in the Mojo will power any IEM with ease. It can power many full size headphones with no issues so I can't imagine you'd ever see any issues with an IEM. 

As for recommendations I think that entirely depends on your budget but whatever you choose will pair nicely with the Mojo, I know my K10's have.

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #29,595 of 42,759
  Can anyone recommend a few solid IEMs that can be adequately driven by the Mojo's amp? I am looking into upgrading my "portable" rig -- I currently have an iPod Classic going into a AlgoRhythm Solo to the ALO Rx Mk3-B, but I find myself unwilling to lug this brick around with me during my commute. I am thinking about pairing the Mojo with the original (?) AK 100 (the smaller one), but if the Mojo's amp isn't up to snuff then I may rethink my approach. Thanks!

Mojo has plenty of juice to drive most headphones and IEMs out there. Not sure if there even is an IEM that Mojo couldn't drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back