1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. zerolight
    maxh22

Interesting. I always assumed that since the file remains digital until it's processed by a DAC, then it's sound is unaltered regardless of source, and therefore would sound identical. i guess I was wrong. This could turn into an endless rabbit hole of marginal gains huh?

2. jwbrent

Agreed.

3. EagleWings

Yes, ideally that should be the case. But some of us here have indeed observed differences between 2 transports feeding the Mojo using the same mode.

For example, I heard a difference between Fiio X3ii and Soundaware M1Pro, both feeding Mojo via co-axial, with the Mojo sounding more transparent and clearer, when fed by the M1Pro.

And some have heard a differences between, 2 different models of Astel&Kern DAPs, both feeding Mojo via optical.

This has remained/will always remain a very debatable topic. After many debates, we reached a point in this thread, where both party is happy to stick to their beliefs, while letting the other party stick to their's.  A co-existence, if you will. :)

4. MAntunes
    For those near Spain: http://en.zococity.es/chord-mojo
    412.99€

5. almarti
    Agreed but my understanding now is the original master Tidal is using for MQA are 24/96, so it's sent in 24/48 MQA and Tidal App decodes once getting 24/96 and theorically we are not losing anything. MQA Hardware decoding inside DAC would be worth if original fial is 24/192 or higher or want to make Tidal bypass decoding to DAC.

By now I love re-listen those albums in 24/96 with Mojo/HD600 - I am really enjoining.

6. zerolight
    EagleWings Ah. Apologies for being late to the party! :)

7. miketlse
    Their deal on the Focal Elear is tempting as well.

8. hfi429366999
    Quote:

Quote:

So, both 3.5mm jacks when the unit is in line out mode, are putting out the same (as in KVL) level of output, 3V (default), but the currents are split in halves (thinking like the KCL)?

In other words, like you can drive two headphones from these 2 jacks out the same line out, when say both are driving two separate amplifiers?  (not that you ever want to)

9. GRUMPYOLDGUY

Correct.

You'll find those who disagree are staunchly opposed to performing a proper, witnessed, controlled test to demonstrate the merit in their opposing view.

10. jarnopp

So, again, I'm not an engineer, but my understanding would be that the same output is available to each output (L or R).  If I plug a headphone into the L output, I will get a certain voltage for a given volume setting.  If I plug a second same headphone into the R output, the impedance will be halved and the current requirement will double, but the voltage will be the same to both headphones.  So, this is fine, up to a point (current requirements and impedance).

Going into an amplifier, or two amplifiers, I do not know what the effect would be - maybe different and maybe not recommended?  Or maybe it works the same way?

11. warrior1975

You use it with the Mojo? If so, others might want to know. Nothing disrespectful about sharing that.

12. Aeromarine
    Just want to clarify mojo' s battery is on 3V input and whats the input amp on input power when I DIY a ac to dc converter?! 1.5A? 2A? Don't really want burn the PBC board when I do that...

13. jarnopp

This all sounds like a bad idea...but...:popcorn:

14. lurk

Where can I get tht ultra short coax cable? Custom right?

15. UNOE

You can try a cheater plug.  But it sounds like your don't have well grounded wall sockets.  You might need a ground tester for your house.  Or have your landlord test it if you rent.  It may not be safe.