1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Wilderbeast
    I have owned 3 Mojos for one reason or another. I notice some differences in the new one I have: updated packaging, looser balls, auto switch off (fantastic for me!), embossed serial number and barcode on the side of the unit.

I'm wondering if anything else has changed. Are there any other 'updates' in the 'new' version? 

2. psikey

I believe it sets output at 3V (or 5V?) to feed into an Amp?

3. psikey

Its younger, sign of the times [​IMG]  My balls are still nice & tight!   ........................ Though nearly always Red !! [​IMG]

4. GRUMPYOLDGUY

Better than blue.

psikey likes this.
  5. GRUMPYOLDGUY

It enables a volume preset of 3Vrms.

6. Wilderbeast

*Shakes head* There's always one [​IMG]

7. jmills8
    happened to me two times. Ooo my ears.

8. psikey

It causes extreme pain if listening to IEM's. Amazed it didn't blow the SE846's up!

I laugh now, but I was so shocked by the sound level at the time for a couple of seconds my Brain didn't realise what was happening and couldn't pull the earphones out!.

9. jmills8
    I ripped my iems out from the cables.

10. psikey
    I am thinking of getting a couple of those JBL LSR305 speakers that many seem to recommend to use with the Mojo.  Would I set line out when connecting to those or just connect normally and alter volume with the Mojo?

I've to idea on Speakers so other advice on what/how to use with Mojo would be great. Are the JBL LSR305 still best bang for the buck ?

11. RobinTim

I have CIEM and i couldnt get them out for what felt like an eternity. of course my brain didnt realize that pulling it out of the mojo was an option...

Deftone likes this.
  12. RobinTim

What would one use that function for?

13. GRUMPYOLDGUY

Orienting oneself volume wise. Each click of a volume ball adjusts by 1dB. In order to know where you are for output level, you need to know where you came from. Preset at 3Vrms is easier to identify as a start point than remembering which color combination corresponds to what output level.

14. psikey

So what dB does 3Vrms relate to? Is it near max volume (or is that the 5V I think I read somewhere).

15. GRUMPYOLDGUY

dB is a relative measurement. dBV, for example, is absolute, as is Vrms.

I remember seeing somewhere 5.3Vrms is the max volume. That's about +14.5dBV. 3Vrms is about +9.5dBV. So the preset is about 5dB down from the max. We can refer to "max" as full scale since the volume control is pre-DAC, so we would call this about -5dBFS.

psikey likes this.