1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. fumanshu
    I'm still hesitating between getting a Shanling M1 or the AK 100 MK2 to use it with the Mojo as a transport. Which one should you suggest if anyone of you have one or both of them. Thansk

2. Peter Hyatt

works great as desktop.  you know a better dac anywhere near the money, let me know.  i think the only thing that is going to beat mojo's output is hugo 2.  

3. GRUMPYOLDGUY

ODAC + O2 looks like excellent value. 

bikutoru likes this.
  4. Dobrescu George

Bass headphones? 

There were also Pro900 from Ultrasone which everyone seemingly enjoyed as basshead headphones (?) 

5. Music Alchemist

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

Extreme basshead headphones with the goal of getting ultimate bass impact via EQ, amplification, and pad swaps.

That JVC is #1 in that thread. (Ultrasone isn't even in the ranking.)

6. jmills8
    Mojo wont make the JVC pound, Best bass headphone is the B&W P9 plus it has top notch Treble and soundstage.

7. jmills8
  8. Music Alchemist

The extreme bass impact comes primarily from EQ, particularly bass boosts. (And using different pads.)

All the electronics need to do is amplify it cleanly without distortion. The JVC has an impedance of 16 ohms and sensitivity of 108 dB/mW. That's extremely easy to drive. You do need much more power than usual when you boost the bass to extreme levels, but even then, the Mojo is faaaar more than sufficient for that.

Read the thread I linked to in the post above. The JVC beat everything else they've compared it to for bass impact capability. (After EQ.) There's no way the headphone you mentioned could come close in that respect.

Obviously you can equalize the other frequencies too. There's no point buying this one without using EQ.

Anyone who wants to read more about the headphones can do so here.

9. jmills8
    I had it, so I experienced it. The P9 is a lot a lot better. They also talk a lot about modding the jvc to get the bass.

10. Music Alchemist

Did you boost the bass to extreme levels with EQ? That's the entire context of all this.

11. jmills8
    Ofcourse, but theres more than the bass issue.

12. Music Alchemist

Okay, but just to be clear, I am not talking about overall sound quality; I am talking about which headphones are capable of the hardest-hitting bass impact. I already have an HD 800 for audiophile-level sound quality. And, as I mentioned, you can equalize any headphone to tweak its frequency response. This is a fairly common practice even for the upper frequencies in basshead headphones.

13. jmills8
    most deepest and hard hitting bass is the B&W P9. It has more bass than the JVC.

20170116_173815.jpg

14. x RELIC x Contributor
    So, can you guys take it to the basshead thread? :confused:

15. jmills8
    kapow, the hammer just fell.