1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. headmanPL

Don't worry about the battery situation too much. It's not like you can invalidate the warranty by using it out of the box.
    I couldn't wait and used mine out of the box 13 months ago.
    I then charged it the full 10 hours. It is still going strong.
    Hope you enjoy your new Mojo!

2. zerolight
    headmanPL I've wait 5 hours already, may as well sit out the last wee bit.

3. ufospls2
    If it is for a desktop, at home set up, I'd just stick with what you've got. I like the Mojo, but there is no point in "upgrading" (probably more of a side grade) to it if you aren't going to use it for portable use as well. If I didn't need my Mojo for portable/transportable use, I would have gotten a Modi Multibit. That is assuming you were going to be using the Mojo as a DAC with your earmax tube amp. If you want to use the Mojo on its own as a solid state solution, then it might be worth considering. 

4. GRUMPYOLDGUY

The advantage of Mojo is mostly portability, if you're looking for something to replace your desktop setup, I don't think Mojo is the best choice.

5. rkt31
    who cares for the form factor. just for the desktop use you can't compare two vastly different technologies. if someone care for sq , mojo beats many much more expensive DACs.

Deftone likes this.
  6. KwyjiboVenneri
    Does anyone how much the battery the Mojo drains from an iPhone? Is it more or less than a pair of headphones running out of the headphone jack on the iPhone.

7. harpo1
    It has its own battery so it won't drain any.  Only the music player you use will drain the battery with the mojo.

8. KwyjiboVenneri
    Thanks! Makes sense, don't know why i didn't think of that haha.

9. KwyjiboVenneri
    Another question, does anyone have experience using this as mostly a desktop DAC?

10. music4mhell
    I am using as desktop dac with my genelec speakers from last 10 months at home..at office i use with my cans or earbuds..

i use toslink input from my sony tv ..

11. zerolight
    It's charged. Yay. But I have to go out to a school function with my son. Nay.

Edit: got 5 mins with it. Sounds awesome so far.

12. maczrool
    I do, but have to run the source PC off of battery power due to the Mojo's lack of galvanic isolation. Despite running amp, preamp and PC off of adjacent outlets, I get very audible digital noise leaking into the system from anything directly connected to the PC.

13. ufospls2
    I have extensive experience using it as a desktop DAC. For the money, if you are doing strict desktop use I think there are other options that would be far better suited. However, as a stand in solution, it is great. I sold my desktop DAC as I needed the money, and have been using the Mojo in its place. I'm looking forward to buying a new desktop DAC so I can just use the Mojo as a portable solution. For 600 bucks, the Mojo is great, but its definitely not the ideal solution for strict desktop use. 

14. KwyjiboVenneri
    Thanks for the feedback! I plan on using in a 70/30 split between home and portable use. It won't strictly be for home use, otherwise I would get a dedicated desktop DAC. However, I'm glad to hear it'll still be a good option for my desktop setup. 

15. Audio-Mark

Why isn't it the ideal solution for strict desktop use? I connect it to my Mac Mini when needed using an optical cable. Is it only because the ease of use?

I'm interested to hear which other options are better, soundwise.