Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 17, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #29,281 of 42,765

Don't worry about the battery situation too much. It's not like you can invalidate the warranty by using it out of the box.
I couldn't wait and used mine out of the box 13 months ago.
I then charged it the full 10 hours. It is still going strong.
Hope you enjoy your new Mojo!

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #29,282 of 42,765
headmanPL I've wait 5 hours already, may as well sit out the last wee bit.

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #29,283 of 42,765
  Has anyone A/B'd the modimultibit against the mojo. i have the modi feeding an earmax pro tube amp and cannot decide whether to build a new mojo rig. if the sound is considerably different (not necessarily better) this would motivate me to get off my..........and start the new mojo rig for home use. my idea is to use an intona with b and o h6 cans. would a jitterbug do most of what the intona can do sonically speaking? thanks to all remember the modi is a multibit. the modi is fed from an intona industrial. 250 dollars/250 pounds schitt audio.

If it is for a desktop, at home set up, I'd just stick with what you've got. I like the Mojo, but there is no point in "upgrading" (probably more of a side grade) to it if you aren't going to use it for portable use as well. If I didn't need my Mojo for portable/transportable use, I would have gotten a Modi Multibit. That is assuming you were going to be using the Mojo as a DAC with your earmax tube amp. If you want to use the Mojo on its own as a solid state solution, then it might be worth considering. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #29,284 of 42,765
Has anyone A/B'd the modimultibit against the mojo. i have the modi feeding an earmax pro tube amp and cannot decide whether to build a new mojo rig. if the sound is considerably different (not necessarily better) this would motivate me to get off my..........and start the new mojo rig for home use. my idea is to use an intona with b and o h6 cans. would a jitterbug do most of what the intona can do sonically speaking? thanks to all remember the modi is a multibit. the modi is fed from an intona industrial. 250 dollars/250 pounds schitt audio.

The advantage of Mojo is mostly portability, if you're looking for something to replace your desktop setup, I don't think Mojo is the best choice.

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #29,290 of 42,765
Another question, does have experience using this as mostly a desktop DAC?
I am using as desktop dac with my genelec speakers from last 10 months at home..at office i use with my cans or earbuds..

i use toslink input from my sony tv ..

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #29,291 of 42,765
It's charged. Yay. But I have to go out to a school function with my son. Nay.

Edit: got 5 mins with it. Sounds awesome so far.

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #29,292 of 42,765
I do, but have to run the source PC off of battery power due to the Mojo's lack of galvanic isolation. Despite running amp, preamp and PC off of adjacent outlets, I get very audible digital noise leaking into the system from anything directly connected to the PC.

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #29,293 of 42,765
  Another question, does anyone have experience using this as mostly a desktop DAC?

I have extensive experience using it as a desktop DAC. For the money, if you are doing strict desktop use I think there are other options that would be far better suited. However, as a stand in solution, it is great. I sold my desktop DAC as I needed the money, and have been using the Mojo in its place. I'm looking forward to buying a new desktop DAC so I can just use the Mojo as a portable solution. For 600 bucks, the Mojo is great, but its definitely not the ideal solution for strict desktop use. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #29,294 of 42,765
  I have extensive experience using it as a desktop DAC. For the money, if you are doing strict desktop use I think there are other options that would be far better suited. However, as a stand in solution, it is great. I sold my desktop DAC as I needed the money, and have been using the Mojo in its place. I'm looking forward to buying a new desktop DAC so I can just use the Mojo as a portable solution. For 600 bucks, the Mojo is great, but its definitely not the ideal solution for strict desktop use. 

Thanks for the feedback! I plan on using in a 70/30 split between home and portable use. It won't strictly be for home use, otherwise I would get a dedicated desktop DAC. However, I'm glad to hear it'll still be a good option for my desktop setup. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #29,295 of 42,765
For the money, if you are doing strict desktop use I think there are other options that would be far better suited. However, as a stand in solution, it is great. I sold my desktop DAC as I needed the money, and have been using the Mojo in its place. I'm looking forward to buying a new desktop DAC so I can just use the Mojo as a portable solution. For 600 bucks, the Mojo is great, but its definitely not the ideal solution for strict desktop use. 

Why isn't it the ideal solution for strict desktop use? I connect it to my Mac Mini when needed using an optical cable. Is it only because the ease of use?

I'm interested to hear which other options are better, soundwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back