Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 28, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #2,836 of 42,765
Oct 28, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #2,838 of 42,765
If I flip my stack over all is revealed on mine (neater than a few days ago, half tempted to delete those images!!)

Nice, any adjustability? Reckon dx90 quite similar to your AK. where can I get them, on headfi website?

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #2,839 of 42,765
Nice, any adjustability? Reckon dx90 quite similar to your AK. where can I get them, on headfi website?
There is a little bit of play, but you cannot condense the logo I'm afraid :frowning2:

Where to get them, good question - I got mine from jude, from the London meet back in 2013 - unsure if they were one-offs or not

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #2,841 of 42,765
Well, I just heard from the place I ordered the Mojo that Chord are having "Production problems" and will not be releasing the mojo, and only trickling them to the US market from the 2nd week of November. This is the second time I have have not a small amount of money taken for a product, and then the supplier not come up with the goods.

I have to say this is the only industry I have some across where this happens - pay up front and commitments not met (although I am sure there are others). If these companies are so freaking good, then why can't they produce the product without the need for us to fund their businesses? I run a small business, and if I asked my customers to prepay, and then not deliver, I would not be in business any more.

Frankly, I'm not impressed...

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #2,842 of 42,765
Well, I just heard from the place I ordered the Mojo that Chord are having "Production problems" and will not be releasing the mojo, and only trickling them to the US market from the 2nd week of November. This is the second time I have have not a small amount of money taken for a product, and then the supplier not come up with the goods.

I have to say this is the only industry I have some across where this happens - pay up front and commitments not met (although I am sure there are others). If these companies are so freaking good, then why can't they produce the product without the need for us to fund their businesses? I run a small business, and if I asked my customers to prepay, and then not deliver, I would not be in business any more.

Frankly, I'm not impressed...

Seriously!? Ever see a new Apple product launch?

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #2,845 of 42,765

At least Apple don't charge you until they actually ship ... and it's quite rare that they don't beat their delivery estimates.

Hmmm...Apple's bank account is at only $225, so they will probably need the cash upfront to pay their suppliers and such to keep from getting cash-crunched.

Oh, wait! I got that wrong and misplaced a decimal or two. Apple's got $225 BILLION in cash in their accounts. Well, I guess they don't need to charge you upfront then. 
L3000.gif

Sorry, couldn't help myself. 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #2,846 of 42,765
My point is not to compare companies. My point is there is a lot of interest in this product and if you want one you need to ride the wave. Before the 14th it didn't matter and we all went on happily with our lives. I'm sure we can do the same for a couple more weeks if needed. Comparing to a Kickstarter is a joke IMO. This is a real product in the hands of real people, and it has some real quality behind it.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #2,847 of 42,765
Maybe pictures and docs don't rely on timing :)

How you find Dx90 and X5 differ? I actually have my X5 in the lounge connected to Hugo, and my DX90 bedside connected to Mojo.

Next, someone will be saying all Chord DACs sound the same!!☺☺

My instant reaction (same flac file on both) was that the fiio x5 has a more intimate soundstage than the dx90. This impression was backed up by a colleague. We were listening to LCD2 rev 2, Mojo, both DAPs via coax.

Do you detect any differences?

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #2,848 of 42,765
  Hmmm...Apple's bank account is at only $225, so they will probably need the cash upfront to pay their suppliers and such to keep from getting cash-crunched.

Oh, wait! I got that wrong and misplaced a decimal or two. Apple's got $225 BILLION in cash in their accounts. Well, I guess they don't need to charge you upfront then. 
L3000.gif

evil_smiley.gif

If you can't fund your business, don't run a business... and how happy will everyone be if their $599 goes poof if Chord can't get this straightened out? It's not a case of if you have the money, more a case of being ethical and up front about what you intend to do. I don't remember anyone at the launch the product saying - 
My point is not to compare companies. My point is there is a lot of interest in this product and if you want one you need to ride the wave. Before the 14th it didn't matter and we all went on happily with our lives. I'm sure we can do the same for a couple more weeks if needed. Comparing to a Kickstarter is a joke IMO. This is a real product in the hands of real people, and it has some real quality behind it.

Well, apparently it does not have real quality at present, as I was quite specifically told that dealers have been told there are "production problems". Comparing to kickstarter is perfectly fine from a funding perspective. I understand there is a lot if interest int his product, but it doesn't disguise the fact that a grandiose product launch followed by no product indicates something. Maybe not to you, but it does to me.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #2,849 of 42,765

L3000.gif

evil_smiley.gif

Every distributor I've ever worked with, spanning three continents, dozens of countries, dozens of product categories and over more than 25 years, has been on net 30-90 day terms, so that argument isn't going to wash.

But lets say they aren't ... then why am I also paying shipping in full, weeks before my order is ready?

Good customer service isn't "poor expectation management", followed by "silence" combined with "bill it all at once so I can save an additional $0.35 transaction fee."

Under promise, over deliver, or don't be surprised when you upset a customer.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #2,850 of 42,765
As someone who waited 4 months to get his K10's, I REALLY get people being upset for a longer than normal wait. The good thing is, after you do get your gear, you really no longer dwell on it. At least this is the case for me. We have a hot product here, its possible for things to happen, just take a deep breath, once you have your shiny new toy, the stars will realign and happiness will be restored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back