Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #271 of 42,759
A card reader attached to the end of Mojo sounds like a good idea,if files can be played straight from there.But how navigation will be done,using your existing DAP or phone?
So basically the SD card will act as an extra storage option as i see it.
Anyway good to see accessories being made as we speak.

If there was an add-on with an SD card to play from, WiFi and a simple uPnP server - then you could control it from any uPnP control point remotely. That would be AWESOME!

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #272 of 42,759
wink.gif

Won't even hide from this one, this confirms optical is working as prescribed...

Like minds!  I am actually listening to the same LR album as I read your comment.  Mine is ripped from CD.  Did you find a better version or is it the same?

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #273 of 42,759
  Unless the new chip has more programmable memory, we can assume that tap length will be lower. The Mojo remembers last set volume and input. Rob's reason for not including this in the Hugo was that he had already used the full capacity of the chip in perfecting the sound quality and was not prepared to compromise it to include the functionality.

I have quoted my own post rather than edit it as this thread is growing so quickly.
Of course, the Mojo does not have the Hugo's crossfeed functions, so if the chips have the same capacity there is no reason why the Mojo could not accommodate exactly the same code.
It is Rob's code that should represent the most expensive component of the Hugo and Mojo, which makes the pricing of the new model even more surprising.

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #274 of 42,759

I have quoted my own post rather than edit it as this thread is growing so quickly.
Of course, the Mojo does not have the Hugo's crossfeed functions, so if the chips have the same capacity there is no reason why the Mojo could not accommodate exactly the same code.
It is Rob's code that should represent the most expensive component of the Hugo and Mojo, which makes the pricing of the new model even more surprising.

I think Rob is aiming for mojo to be something else. The auto detect and touch screen volume knobs require coding. I am sure there is a reason why tap information and all those other nerdy stuff are kept in the dark for now as they want the sound to sale first instead of people buying because of numbers.

I am willing to argue perhaps the biggest surprise for Mr Watts is the idea that chord Hugo adding different medium to play with Hugo transparency. Transparency is infact important for reference audio but listening to HD800 all day can get quiet boring.

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #276 of 42,759
As it is Sony it is a very specific cable, only available in Japan, forget the model number right now, but it is mentioned frequently in the ZX2 thread.

No there are some alternate options instead only of the (big) Sony generic adapter, example from Oppo one good one: http://world.taobao.com/item/45493617058.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.rxc9GH#detail

It's a Sony WM port to micro USB 90° angled cable, to bypass the DAP DAC and use the Mojo DAC instead, works for USB DACs with micro USB input well.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #279 of 42,759
I think Rob is aiming for mojo to be something else. The auto detect and touch screen volume knobs require coding. I am sure there is a reason why tap information and all those other nerdy stuff are kept in the dark for now as they want the sound to sale first instead of people buying because of numbers.

I am willing to argue perhaps the biggest surprise for Mr Watts is the idea that chord Hugo adding different medium to play with Hugo transparency. Transparency is infact important for reference audio but listening to HD800 all day can get quiet boring.

Just to be clear, the MoJo volume balls are not touch sensitive. Press only.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #281 of 42,759
Just to be clear, the MoJo volume balls are not touch sensitive. Press only.

mmm.....you need to press. It doesn't roll like Chord TT or Hugo. One thing that bothers me (minor gripe) is the very bright lighting of the buttons. It is so bright that in a darkened room, you can use the Mojo to find your path. Same with the very bright light of the Vorzuge Pure II +. :wink:

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #282 of 42,759
mmm.....you need to press. It doesn't roll like Chord TT or Hugo. One thing that bothers me (minor gripe) is the very bright lighting of the buttons. It is so bright that in a darkened room, you can use the Mojo to find your path. Same with the very bright light of the Vorzuge Pure II +. :wink:

If you press both volume buttons together it will toggle between bright and less bright. Make sure not to do it within 2 seconds of powering on or you'll engage the fixed level output (Line Out) of 3V.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #284 of 42,759
@Duncan
 or anyone else who owns the Sony ZX2, am I correct in thinking that the only way to connect it to the Mojo is to get one of the WM Port to micro usb cables from Brimar?

Thanks

I think there are 2 ways both from WM port in Zx2

1/ USB for digital connection
2/ WM pure line-out for pure analog.....uhm...except that Mojo has no analog in...so there is only 1 option.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #285 of 42,759
I think there are 2 ways both from WM port

1/ USB for digital connection
2/ WM pure line-out for pure analog

MoJo only accepts digital input, no analogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back