Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 30, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #28,021 of 42,765
If you are talking about power only, then Mojo can drive lcd 4 or hd800.

but for better resolution, soundstage, separation, you need a good amp with mojo...IMHO
I agree.

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #28,024 of 42,765
1) jitterbug? doesn't really do galvanic isolation to usb.

2)intona does proper isolation but pricey and possibly OTT for the chord mojo?

3)optical no worries over rf or similar interference from computer but clocking and timing marginally off as compared to mojo asynchrous usb. but this difference has been described as almost inaudible?

4)for desktop mode with mojo which of the above options is best? thanks to all

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #28,025 of 42,765

I am using it with LCD-4 (much less efficient than HD800) - no problems. You don't need an amp.

Crikey! I stand corrected. Fair play to you! Love that someone is putting their LCD4 through the Mojo 
beerchug.gif
 When I went to highend headphones I put the LCD4s through the Mojo and they just couldn't do it for me. I put the LCD4s through another amp (obv connected from the Mojo) and got the results I was looking for. That doesn't mean to say I'm right he's wrong- uh uh. It means we're both right! Yes, because we have different ears

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #28,026 of 42,765
  1) jitterbug? doesn't really do galvanic isolation to usb.

2)intona does proper isolation but pricey and possibly OTT for the chord mojo?

3)optical no worries over rf or similar interference from computer but clocking and timing marginally off as compared to mojo asynchrous usb. but this difference has been described as almost inaudible?

4)for desktop mode with mojo which of the above options is best? thanks to all

I use optical quite happily.
If i started to use usb from the computer, i would consider a jitterbug, to ensure that any computer power supply noise was removed.

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #28,028 of 42,765
Listening to paquito de rivera- portarit of Cuba through mojo. This is one of the finest jazz albums by chesky. As always the imaging and dynamics in this album are one of the finest one will ever hear.

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #28,030 of 42,765

A vid of the process used for proving/disproving the difference between Optical and USB. If the USB gets distortion through the connection - could it be good distortion? I leave it to you to decide
Here are the files :
Click here - the truth is out there

I can't hear a difference but I am using optical. I shall go USB and listen again. Oh and that track sounds glorious. Do you find yourself listening to tracks that you normally wouldn't, but because of how great they sound you really enjoy them?

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #28,032 of 42,765

I can't hear a difference but I am using optical. I shall go USB and listen again. Oh and that track sounds glorious. Do you find yourself listening to tracks that you normally wouldn't, but because of how great they sound you really enjoy them?

Hiya - yes! I revisit tracks that I remember from when I was younger but now I listen to them with older ears and better equipment I am amazed at the sophistication. I am still debating in my mind whether vinyl is better than digital but here's the crazy thing...I'm working it out on a Mojo - which is digital 
confused.gif

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #28,033 of 42,765
I own the LCD-4 and believe me it requires serious power..i use it with my Dave and sometimes pair it with my Moon 430.....the Mojo is a fantastic product but not really up to driving the LCD-4....it does very well with most other HP's

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #28,034 of 42,765

A vid of the process used for proving/disproving the difference between Optical and USB. If the USB gets distortion through the connection - could it be good distortion? I leave it to you to decide
Here are the files :
Click here - the truth is out there

I will rather not use the wording 'proving/disproving' since what we are offered to,listen to is the system: [ DAP USB ( MAC) or DAP TOSLINK (MAC) + Mojo + ADC ART USB Phono ]
In other words your ADC is not transparent and the Noises it is bringing are not neglectable.

That said looking at your files it seems that the levels are not perfectly equal. Don't know if it is due to Mojo or your ADC ?

1. Optical:

File:                     optical mojo dsd don't stop til you get enough.wav
Audio format:                PCM
Bit depth:                    16 bit
Sample rate:                44.1 kHz
Cut-Off Frequency:           --- kHz

TPL Left:                   -6.3 dB
TPL Right:                  -6.4 dB
TPL Mid:                    -7.1 dB
TPL Side:                  -11.4 dB
RMS Left:                  -27.0 dB
RMS Right:                 -26.2 dB
RMS Mid:                   -27.2 dB
RMS Side:                  -35.2 dB
CREST Avg.:                 12.7 dB
IS L/M:                        0
IS R/S:                        0

Max. M-Loudness:           -17.0 dB
Max. S-Loudness:           -19.7 dB
Integrated Loudness:       -22.4 dB
Loudness Range:              3.5 dB
PLR Avg.:                    9.9 dB

2. USB:

File:                     usb mojo don't stop til you get enough.wav
Audio format:                PCM
Bit depth:                    16 bit
Sample rate:                44.1 kHz
Cut-Off Frequency:           --- kHz

TPL Left:                   -6.0 dB
TPL Right:                  -6.0 dB
TPL Mid:                    -6.7 dB
TPL Side:                  -11.6 dB
RMS Left:                  -26.7 dB
RMS Right:                 -26.0 dB
RMS Mid:                   -27.0 dB
RMS Side:                  -35.0 dB
CREST Avg.:                 12.7 dB
IS L/M:                        0
IS R/S:                        0

Max. M-Loudness:           -16.7 dB
Max. S-Loudness:           -19.4 dB
Integrated Loudness:       -22.2 dB
Loudness Range:              4.4 dB
PLR Avg.:                    9.9 dB

Rgds and Thanks for your sharing.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #28,035 of 42,765
I did not touch the volume on the Mojo, nor any levels on any of the equipment. I'm sorry you believe it to be flawed because there is a difference in the volume. I stand by the test. There! The only changes were the cables and the connection to the Mojo. Listening tests are what Chord believe in too
Anyway I'm gonna show off some Christmas Presents

One of them was from Christmas 1994 tho.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back