1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last
  1. jellofund
    Apologies if these questions have been asked before but I tried searching and couldn't find a match.

I'm toying with a Mojo for both home and portable use. My current home amp is an iFi iCAN (fed from a Musical Fidelity V90 DAC) but wondered how the amp section on the Mojo compared with the iCAN (or similar) in terms of SQ...anyone having experience of both?

I primarily use low impedance 'phones and IEMs including a Pandora Hope VI (8 ohms and 104db sensitivity iirc). The low noise floor and output impedance both look ideal but the amount of power the Mojo packs, and lack of gain control (I think), is a bit of a concern in terms of potentially damaging my 'phones. Does the volume automatically reset itself to '0' when switched off or does it remember where you left off? Additionally how 'stepped' is the volume pot (sufficient fine adjustment for IEMs etc.?) and is there a risk of increasing the volume unintentionally when in use (do the volume controls need a firm or light press)?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

2. windstreak20
    Thanks for correcting me and for entertaining my nooby question.

Can you please compare the Mojo with the single end and the balanced mode of PHA3? Thanks a lot!

3. J4MES
    Placed my order from Custom Cable. Don't have a CCK so had to order one of those as well and that won't get here till Tuesday :frowning2:.

Anyone charging their Mojo from a power socket? Lowest amp chargers I can find are 2 amp.

4. x RELIC x Contributor

The MoJo can drive quite a range of headphones well in my limited experience so far. I'll update as I have more time with the unit, but I can't compare to the iCan.

The volume has very fine steps and I have no issue getting the right volume for the Angie IEM or the LCD-2, but it doesn't reset to zero. MoJo remembers your last volume setting so best be aware what you had plugged in to it last. The colours on the volume buttons help so its very easy to see where the volume is at as soon as you turn it on.

jellofund likes this.
  5. jellofund

Thanks for the impressions - that's really helpful!

I hadn't appreciated the volume buttons gave an indication of what level the volume was set to so that makes things a lot simpler, although I'd probably just turn it right down before switching off to be safe. If you don't mind me asking do the volume buttons need a definite push/click to change or is a light touch enough (hoping for the former)?

6. x RELIC x Contributor
    Surprised no one has posted these pics of the MoJo accessory yet, courtesy of Moon Audio.

Read the blog to find out more.

http://blog.moon-audio.com/chord-mojo-review/

Mojo-3-wide.jpg
    Chord-Mojo-6.jpg
    Chord-Mojo-Iphone-6.jpg

Edit: To be clear, this is a prototype.

Jeff Y and masterpfa like this.
  7. x RELIC x Contributor

Push / click. You can hold it down for continuous adjustment or click for incremental adjustments.

8. jellofund

Ah, that's good to hear. Thanks again for all the help :)

9. audionewbi
    Maybe they are working on a separate dongle to make mojo a portable SD card reader (something similar to tera player).

10. emilsoft
    Perhaps there will be an add-on DAP module - i'm guessing the SD card reader they described can do that if it has a small display and buttons.. my concern is that it doesn't seem to have a solid attachment mechanism, it just holds itself on the small usb/optical ports.
    Would be good to know when these will be available, including the case..

11. x RELIC x Contributor
    I think whatever accessories they have planned the MoJo is certain to be a very viable option for a wide range of users. Nice to see expanded accessories already (no matter how far from release) in the works. Bluetooth, WiFi, SD card readers, etc. Exciting times.

12. audionewbi
    The wifi part is what is making me confused, why wifi, dont phones already have wifi? A wifi would make sense if you want Mojo to be a standalone thing long term. 

13. emilsoft
    it's to stream audio via wifi from phone/computer directly to the Mojo, without cables which is more convenient. Similar to http://www.celsus-sound.com/index.php/product/companion-one

audionewbi likes this.
  14. musicday
    A card reader attached to the end of Mojo sounds like a good idea,if files can be played straight from there.But how navigation will be done,using your existing DAP or phone?
    So basically the SD card will act as an extra storage option as i see it.
    Anyway good to see accessories being made as we speak.

15. x RELIC x Contributor
    Further to the volume sensitivity, the normal range is from low volume (red) to high volume (white). However, when you go lower than red it moves in to an even more sensitive range and the volume indicators change individually. In the attached pic I'm lower than the red (low volume) zone and the volume (-) button has changed colours to tell me so. If I increase the volume I get back in to the zone where both buttons are the same colour and the volume adjustments aren't as sensitive. The reverse is true for high volumes. Such a great feature.

It's difficult to capture the true colour of the buttons with my iPhone but it should be yellow for 88.2 kHz, red for low volume, blue for low volume sensitive zone. It looks correct in real life.

IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3208.jpg

Normal low volume with both buttons red.
    IMG_3209.jpg

First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last