Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 2, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #26,776 of 42,759
@baglunch

To your own risk - I take no responsibility for it: besides the idea of a case, you could unscrew your Mojo, take the three balls out, paint them black with any permanent colour, let the colour dry, insert the balls again, screw the two halves together again.

Not that I'd personally do it, however this is one solution I have in mind if it really is a problem for you.

/edit:

Or you could open it and put some dark film/foil on the LEDs (such as the one that is used for tinting car windows).

The film idea is interesting! I wonder how easy it would be to find some that they use for the big, hot stage lights... So I don't have to worry about temperature problems.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #26,777 of 42,759
I'm reluctant to go the camera case route as that would make it even less accessible, and I'd look like I was constantly messing around in my camera bag, which would draw attention.

I'd ideally like to just have the Mojo out in the open but less noticeable. Considering putting some black tape across the buttons, if there's a safe way of removing the adhesive after a couple years. Would be ugly tho.

People must be very observant in Vancouver :)

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #26,778 of 42,759
Dec 2, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #26,779 of 42,759

During frequent snow blizzards in Canada, a stray aircraft might see the bright Mojo lights as a landing beacon - which could be a little bit sore on the old cranium? 
blink.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #26,780 of 42,759
@baglunch

To your own risk - I take no responsibility for it: besides the idea of a case, you could unscrew your Mojo, take the three balls out, paint them black with any permanent colour, let the colour dry, insert the balls again, screw the two halves together again.

Not that I'd personally do it, however this is one solution I have in mind if it really is a problem for you.

/edit:

Or you could open it and put some dark film/foil on the LEDs (such as the one that is used for tinting car windows).

Quote:
The film idea is interesting! I wonder how easy it would be to find some that they use for the big, hot stage lights... So I don't have to worry about temperature problems.

When I wanted to "dim" some LEDs on a PC Motherboard, I used some High Temperature Black Model Paint, and a fine brush, to paint most of the surface of each LED.  A small amount of light was visible, but they didn't light up the room any longer.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #26,781 of 42,759

During frequent snow blizzards in Canada, a stray aircraft might see the bright Mojo lights as a landing beacon - which could be a little bit sore on the old cranium? 
blink.gif

I have a shiny cranium, so I have to be careful not to dazzle aircraft pilots during the daytime.

Luckily, I live in the UK, so we get very little sunshine.

Who knew crap weather could have a bright side?
blink.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #26,782 of 42,759
With the low prices in the EU for the Mojo and this time of the year, as well as with its RGB LEDs, I assume it could be tempting for some to get a few spare Mojos to use them with different sampling rates and volume settings (-> different colours) as lights on the Christmas tree. 
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #26,783 of 42,759
  With the low prices in the EU for the Mojo and this time of the year, as well as with its RGB LEDs, I assume it could be tempting for some to get a few spare Mojos to use them with different sampling rates and volume settings (-> different colours) as lights on the Christmas tree. 
wink.gif

...or a 'Knight Rider' style car bonnet with Mojos for the LEDs

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #26,784 of 42,759
When I wanted to "dim" some LEDs on a PC Motherboard, I used some High Temperature Black Model Paint, and a fine brush, to paint most of the surface of each LED.  A small amount of light was visible, but they didn't light up the room any longer.

Take Care,
David Baldock

I didn't know this existed. This sounds like the most controllable method so far! Thanks for the suggestion.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #26,785 of 42,759
This is extra exiting! Is this perhaps an SD module?

Plz feed us just 1 bone

A bone eh!  well read all of JFs posts for the last month, and you will find cryptic clues to forthcoming announcements at CES, about an amazing multi-functional device, that no-one thought it was possible to build. I think he also posted that the module was already in production.
Rob Watts has referred to the forthcoming launch of the Blu2 a few weeks ago, just before the Windsor show - but all the reviews that I have read stated that the Blu2 was not there - so the Blu2 must be approaching the press release soon.
Unfortunately we all have to wait until CES, to discover everything, but it sounds like the SD module is a dead cert, plus probably a few other rabbits will get pulled out of the hat.

I'm looking forward to reading about CES, just like many other forum members.
regular_smile .gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #26,786 of 42,759

I have a shiny cranium, so I have to be careful not to dazzle aircraft pilots during the daytime.

Luckily, I live in the UK, so we get very little sunshine.

Who knew crap weather could have a bright side?
blink.gif

The forecast was for -8C in the UK a couple of days ago - You must have had it cold, because yesterday we had the first frost of the year in toulouse, and the UK is usually 10C colder than here.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #26,787 of 42,759

Kinda leads me into why the fu*k we need an ice bar where I live? pmsl. Its cold enough ppl! I don't need to PAY to get inside then freeze my ass off! What! Ppl are paying to do this!
EDIT: This is Mojo related as I am concerned about condensation :))))))))))))))))))

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #26,788 of 42,759
I didn't know this existed. This sounds like the most controllable method so far! Thanks for the suggestion.

There was a Model Shop near where I live.  I went in and asked if they had any High Temp Paint, and they did - it was for painting the motors and areas around the motors in the gas powered cars & airplanes.  If the shop was still there, or if I still had the bottle, I could tell you the brand name, but alas...

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #26,789 of 42,759
There was a Model Shop near where I live.  I went in and asked if they had any High Temp Paint, and they did - it was for painting the motors and areas around the motors in the gas powered cars & airplanes.  If the shop was still there, or if I still had the bottle, I could tell you the brand name, but alas...

I'll be surprised if my local hardware store (or automotive store) doesn't have something similar. Thanks for the idea. If they only have spray paint I can spray some on a paint brush or qtip and use that to apply.

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #26,790 of 42,759
I do agree with you lot though, the low setting on the Mojo brightness should be a lot lower than it is now. I think they should have 3 settings - High > Low > Night mode with very low brightness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back