1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. baglunch

The film idea is interesting! I wonder how easy it would be to find some that they use for the big, hot stage lights... So I don't have to worry about temperature problems.

2. AndrewH13

People must be very observant in Vancouver :)

3. baglunch

Haha, I don't want to find out. Good fences make good neighbours and all that.

4. Light - Man

During frequent snow blizzards in Canada, a stray aircraft might see the bright Mojo lights as a landing beacon - which could be a little bit sore on the old cranium? [​IMG]

5. DBaldock9

Quote:
    When I wanted to "dim" some LEDs on a PC Motherboard, I used some High Temperature Black Model Paint, and a fine brush, to paint most of the surface of each LED.  A small amount of light was visible, but they didn't light up the room any longer.

Take Care,
    David Baldock

6. Mython Contributor

I have a shiny cranium, so I have to be careful not to dazzle aircraft pilots during the daytime.

Luckily, I live in the UK, so we get very little sunshine.

Who knew crap weather could have a bright side? [​IMG] 

7. HiFiChris Contributor
    With the low prices in the EU for the Mojo and this time of the year, as well as with its RGB LEDs, I assume it could be tempting for some to get a few spare Mojos to use them with different sampling rates and volume settings (-> different colours) as lights on the Christmas tree. [​IMG]

IMG_20160820_175540.jpg

8. Mython Contributor

...or a 'Knight Rider' style car bonnet with Mojos for the LEDs

9. baglunch

I didn't know this existed. This sounds like the most controllable method so far! Thanks for the suggestion.

10. miketlse
    A bone eh!  well read all of JFs posts for the last month, and you will find cryptic clues to forthcoming announcements at CES, about an amazing multi-functional device, that no-one thought it was possible to build. I think he also posted that the module was already in production.
    Rob Watts has referred to the forthcoming launch of the Blu2 a few weeks ago, just before the Windsor show - but all the reviews that I have read stated that the Blu2 was not there - so the Blu2 must be approaching the press release soon.
    Unfortunately we all have to wait until CES, to discover everything, but it sounds like the SD module is a dead cert, plus probably a few other rabbits will get pulled out of the hat.

I'm looking forward to reading about CES, just like many other forum members. [​IMG]  

11. miketlse

The forecast was for -8C in the UK a couple of days ago - You must have had it cold, because yesterday we had the first frost of the year in toulouse, and the UK is usually 10C colder than here.

12. RPB65

Kinda leads me into why the fu*k we need an ice bar where I live? pmsl. Its cold enough ppl! I don't need to PAY to get inside then freeze my ass off! What! Ppl are paying to do this!
    EDIT: This is Mojo related as I am concerned about condensation :))))))))))))))))))

13. DBaldock9

There was a Model Shop near where I live.  I went in and asked if they had any High Temp Paint, and they did - it was for painting the motors and areas around the motors in the gas powered cars & airplanes.  If the shop was still there, or if I still had the bottle, I could tell you the brand name, but alas...

14. baglunch

I'll be surprised if my local hardware store (or automotive store) doesn't have something similar. Thanks for the idea. If they only have spray paint I can spray some on a paint brush or qtip and use that to apply.

15. RPB65
    I do agree with you lot though, the low setting on the Mojo brightness should be a lot lower than it is now. I think they should have 3 settings - High > Low > Night mode with very low brightness

headmanPL likes this.