1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. peterv2

Ok, and what cables are those? any links ?

2. jmills8
    Top one custom made by Labkable in Hong Kong. I think theres a post of other otg cables on this thread.

3. Boerd
    My Chord Mojo makes noise while charging. The noise can be heard from 2 feet in a silent room. Is that normal? For comparison my XPS 12 from Dell cannot be heard charging (in the same conditions).

4. Slaphead

Yes, perfectly normal. Different chargers and cables can reduce or increase the noise, but it's not harmful to the mojo, or anything else for that matter.

Check the third post right at the very start of this thread for more details.

5. Asuhra
    Hey peeps, some update about the Mojo.

The reason why it is so epic with the HD25-II is the loose headband (12 year old headband) and velour pads. I've tried it with a brand new headband and all SQ went to hell (congested sound, muddy bass, weird mids,etc). Put the loose headband back again and I'm floored with the Sound Quality. The HD25 with very loose headband sound almost like a $500 open/semi open back headphone, I **** you not, what an epic combo with the Mojo.

I've also tried lots of different headphones and all headphones with some recessed frequency sound kind of crappy with the Mojo. It seems only linear headphones can take full advantage of Mojo's abilities. Bass head headphones sounded the worst with the Mojo, followed right behind by V-shaped headphones.

I would go for Linear or W shaped headphones. :wink:

Also, if you listen to dance music make sure your headphones are fast. Mojo + slow headphones + Dance music = Death from boredom.
    Check Mojo + B&W P7 + Legendary Goa Trance track "Doof - Double Dragons.flac from Album: Doof - Let's turn on".

One of the most uplifting and energetic tracks of all time is literally destroyed an replaced with the most boring, ugly and slow sound of all time with that combo.lol It' like the track is playing in a much slower pitch/key and there is no bass line. It's unrecognizable really. Curiously, if I play the mp3 track instead of flac it is sounds much better and I hear the bassline so that tells me the Mojo is processing lossless files very differently from lossy ones (at least some tracks).

All in all, Mojo is more of a relaxing experience. It's not the type of DAC that will uplift you with immense energy, tension and emotions. You won't feel desire to jump up and down, you won't feel an energy surge, you won't feel like dancing like nobody's watching, you won't feel like partying. It's all about enjoying the beautiful sound sitting still or dancing really slow in a relaxing way. Mojo puts you in the spectator seat, not the driver's seat.

Who knows, chord might release a "Party" Mojo one day or maybe some mod to complete it. :wink: I wish!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

6. maxh22

Interesting observations! I think you are pretty spot on actually. Right now, if you wanted to get "Party Mojo" sound you would have to either get a Hugo or Hugo TT. Another option would be to just EQ the treble on Mojo and that would result in a more energetic presentation. It's still better to go bit-perfect so if Chord were to release a white or silver Mojo with a sound signature that sounds like Hugo that would be fantastic! I wouldn't mind paying an extra premium for a more neutral reference sound signature. Personally, if such a device came to market, I would own two Mojo's so I can have some variety.

7. Mython Contributor
    Just a bit of Mojo-compatible fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7LmS6E-mo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWS1IRF_IFA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCBgBXZeORc

cyclops214 likes this.
  8. miketlse
    I have had a few glasses of whisky, so I will listen tomorrow. [​IMG] 

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  9. Mython Contributor

What>?! WAIT!!  Now is the best time!! [​IMG]

fluidz likes this.
  10. miketlse
    Oh well in that case I will get my mojo. [​IMG]

11. Mojo ideas
    simplest solution is a right angled jack. However we may have the perfect answer coming soon.

jmills8 and Peter Hyatt like this.
  12. howdy
    Can one buy the Chord branded bands?

13. Naugrim
    image1.jpg
    This little guy ruined my Schiit stack.  What to do with this Bifrost. If I make it a Multibit will that make me happy now that I've Mojo'd? I somehow doubt it. I'm gonna have to get some $2K desktop DAC to compete.  Thing is, I don't want to come home and set this up every day.  Maybe I should get another mojo and just leave it setup. 1st world problems, I know.

xtr4 likes this.
  14. canali
    good to hear...sounds like i should hold off of buying any camera bag or such for my portable ipod touch and mojo stack...

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  15. DBaldock9
    Maybe Rob can work up a set of Mojo'd Bluetooth Neural Implants - no set up necessary, just think about listening...  [​IMG]

Mython likes this.